Reviews for The Start
TheSadisticDaughterOfHades chapter 11 . 3/7
I fucking hate Celia. Victoire is obviously the best choice here. Get your shit together Teddy! Great story btw and I love it! I'm gonna go start reading the second one now and I'm excited!
SarahOlivier chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
Teddy wouldn't be in Hufflepuff
29knbv chapter 11 . 3/29/2013
I love this entire fanfiction! It mixes all the elements of my favorites, and i love how each of them has a believable personality. They all have their good parts and flaws (simon being funny but too straight foward, victoire being charming but too agressive, teddy being sensible but to shy, celia being considerate but worrying to much, etc, etc). I really should try to review every chapter, but there's a lot of hooks at the end that i can't help but click on the "next " button immediately. I also love how you spend as little time as possible on the a/n so we can get to reading as soon as possible. :)
29knbv chapter 7 . 3/29/2013
BROS OVER GIRLS FOR LIFE! (In this case victoire is a bro)
29knbv chapter 6 . 3/29/2013
Oh ya and by the way, i think colleen should be in slytherin, just saying.
Fiery Dancer chapter 11 . 12/10/2012
I absolutely love this fic! Off to read part 2 :D
liltinglullaby chapter 6 . 6/5/2012
Okay, I hardly review, and especially not halfway through a story, but I just had to review this one.

Wow, this was intense and good. I hate Celia with a passion, and only a good author can do that. At the same time, I love Simon (and I hardly ever like OCs), because I love his personality and he's an interesting character without being a Gary Stu.

Okay, back to reading. :)
SprayPaintedShoes chapter 9 . 4/1/2012
"He blamed Harry for restoring the peace in the world and therefore killing his interest."

tehe :)
SprayPaintedShoes chapter 7 . 4/1/2012
(just thought i'd have another read over this story since it's one of my favourites, i can't believe it's been four years since you posted it! craaazy!)

i'm finding it very difficult not to hate celia. in fact, i'm not even really trying. STOP BEING SO MEAN TO VICTOIRE. I LOVE VICTOIRE.

*hem*

er.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 11 . 8/31/2011
Very engaging! It definitely feels like teenage drama. :)
Starshine chapter 11 . 8/12/2011
I've just finished reading this and I've really enjoyed it all the way through. It actually sort of renewed my hope in the fanfiction community, since the last few fics I've started I've given up on after a few chapters - if I read about five and it hasn't grabbed me, I stop. But this one definitely did. In places it seems a bit rushed, but I guess that it is a prequel so it's really just all the relevant events over the timeframe of about 10 years or so, so I'll forgive that. Celia really annoys me, but sometimes it's actually good to have characters you don't like, and plus I know they won't last from reading the synposes of your other stories - which brings me to my final point, that I'm really happy there are more parts to this story and I'm really excited to read them. In fact, I'm off to start AYitL right now. Expect another review when I'm done :)

-S
shine lots chapter 9 . 6/14/2011
This chapter goes on and on about how Teddy is bright. You know what I think? I get the feeling that the Teddy in your story isn't bright. He is only really good at two subjects. Even ignoring this, which I feel we should, in order to get a non-academic perspective of Teddy's intelligence, Teddy's awfully unintelligent.

It takes him 15 years to realise that pushing the frontiers of medicine will help cure lycanthropy more than defending their rights will. 15! Where's his common sense and general intelligence been all these years? We know that Teddy's been to hospital plenty of times before. Couldn't he make the connection?

Furthermore, Ted doesn't have confidence in his own memory, recalling ability, knowledge and problem solving ability. He only thinks he knows a contraceptive charm - a clever person would certainly know exactly where they stand, and most of the time a clever person woulld know for sure how to cast the charm.

He makes a pretty lazy Hufflepuff too, if he doesn't start working for N.E. till after December. He can't even comprehend why some people work towards them in September! This suggests that he's never worked hard for anything in his life.

This chapter really gets my rag because the multiple "you're as bright as her, if not brighter, Teddy" comments are blatantly untrue.
ndesi62 chapter 11 . 11/27/2010
Excellent story. Easily the best VictoriexTeddy fic I've found, and believe me I've searched. I think it's safe to say that this is the definitive characterization of their relationship. I look forward to the rest of the series.
allisonarrgent chapter 11 . 7/18/2010
This chapter was a nice closure to this story.

I liked this story because it was a good first installment as a prequel to the next three, since it gave a lot of back story and insight into Teddy/Victoire's friendship throughout the years.

I loved the plot, character development, and family dynamics in this story. You created Teddy and Victoire as such vivid characters, and I could hear them speak and see them interact in every chapter.

Now I'm super excited and can't wait to read A Year in the Life. :)
allisonarrgent chapter 10 . 7/18/2010
YES, they're friends again! *Does a happy dance*

Haha, it took them long enough! I still haven't forgiven Ted for everything - he made things so much worse, even though everyone in the situation was at fault in some way or another.

Can't wait to read the last chapter now! :)