Reviews for Legends of the Obsidian King
sesshyluhvr chapter 3 . 11/28/2016
I can imagine itachi's childhood similar to this
I love this
Sefera chapter 3 . 10/26/2016
That was an interesting story, good but interesting.
ExculpatoryEvidence chapter 3 . 10/16/2016
Damn it. Everything you write is so good.
Wind King chapter 3 . 10/16/2016
It's been a long time, old friend. Do you still breathe? Do you still watch the evening skyline and settle down for another weary night, tired from the troubles of the day?

Are you alive, Kraken? If so, I do wish to see you one last time.

-4-

The next few days, he watched the boy closer than he had ever before. The boy who was his firstborn son, his own flesh and blood- the boy who was all but a stranger to him. Fugaku numbly realised that he did not at all know Uchiha Itachi.

He was quiet. He had always been quiet, even before the time he'd returned from death's door. Itachi was quiet, but he was always watching. He watched the world, watched anything and everything from the leaves fluttering to the ground, to the light bulbs hanging over the kitchen table.

"What are you watching?" Fugaku asked, feeling a strange trepidation run through his veins. Itachi sat on the porch once more, legs swinging idly and eyes gazing at nothing in particular. But he saw something. Something Fugaku couldn't see.

What did Itachi see?

"You cannot see it?" the boy speaks after a moment. His tone is light, and his eyes search Fugaku's own.

He is thin and small. His face is solemn and his hair as dark as Fugaku's own had been as a boy. His eyes are wide.

Itachi's fingers slide tentatively through the air, as though grasping something intangible. It moves and slithers like a snake in the grass- like a fish in a still river. To him it looks as though Itachi is merely grabbing at the air.

Fugaku cannot see.

He grows desperate.

Out of an idle fancy, his eyes flicker crimson. For a moment, he watches.

The minute particles of dust glitter like diamonds in the daylight. His eyes catch the sight and move to disregard it, but then he notices something else.

The dust is moving in a pattern. The same pattern Itachi's fingers are moving in. Faint as a nightlight, the pale green of wind release coils around his nails.

"Where did you learn to do that?" He finds himself asking, feeling short on breath.

His son remains silent. Fugaku watches for a few more moments, and then retires to his study.

The next morning, he files an admission form to the ninja academy.
Krishka chapter 3 . 8/19/2016
This story just gets on interesting. It has been a long time since you updated it, but I hope someday you will. Normally I request authors to put up an outline, but the writing style and the suspense and drama of each sentence is just too good. But your summary/outline will also contain these elements, so I guess it would be nice.
I especially loved the last line in chapter 3 and the buildup lines to it. Not only lil' Itachi taught himself to read using complicated Kanji but drew several interpretations and assesed elemental affinity from a scroll, all in a span of three months. It would be pretty interesting to read of non-fire affinity Uchiha, especially a clan heir. Also it's nice Itachi has his own mind and not succumbing to parental pressures, though with his hidden talent on display for all to see how long will this last one cannot tell. I love Shisui so I hope he stops being such a prick and become the Canon adorable Shisui.
Hoping you'll continue.

Have a wonderful day :)
Ghost024 chapter 3 . 7/21/2015
Ha... Great ending for this chapter.
Rikkudo chapter 3 . 11/10/2014
200th review! WHOO!

But seriously, fantastic work. I know that you've pretty much abandoned everything on this account, but know that I would do ANYTHING to have been able to read the rest of this. It was that fucking good.
372259 chapter 3 . 8/5/2014
THIS STORY IS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!
I legit only ever read romancy-actiony-angsty stuff on fanfiction, but I saw the summary for this and thought, 'hmmm, nothing better to do.'
Then I started reading it, and I couldn't stop!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE THIS FANTASTIC STORY ! :D
Guest chapter 3 . 6/28/2014
This is Great! I don't usually like Itachi as a main character, but well sir, bravo!
The Kazekage of Suna chapter 3 . 6/26/2014
Itachi's portrayal is brilliant here. So collected as others can't even contain the shock. His father didn't even deserve the glance from the oldest child anyways! Serves him right for doubting such a child!
The Kazekage of Suna chapter 2 . 6/26/2014
Even at his age, the impassive attitude and lack of expression plays excellently. When Itachi threw the sticks back to the boys, I was waiting of him to kick some serious ass XD! This is Itachi we are dealing with after all! It was nice you added in his hits were sloppy, it defines the age gap here.
The Kazekage of Suna chapter 1 . 6/26/2014
All I can say is wow...the flow was perfect, I was heavily interested, and your writing is gorgeous.
kellyshl chapter 3 . 6/20/2014
... Update?
HermioneeBlack chapter 3 . 6/16/2014
i am glad who ever it that told you to post. great chapter.
Guest chapter 3 . 5/23/2014
This is wonderful!
Thank you for writing this!
Please, Continue it,