Reviews for Legends of the Obsidian King
Kage-Shino chapter 3 . 7/17/2020
EEEE, I LOVE ITTTTTTTTTT
Neroquin chapter 3 . 5/13/2020
Ahahaa this was amazing! You still alive Kraken? Would love to read more of your stories.
CarbonAlligator chapter 3 . 4/24/2020
i know its been like a decade but can you please update this? You are my favorite author and itachi is my favorite character. I love your style and your interpretation of him, and i really want to see more of this
orajje chapter 3 . 4/8/2019
This is great!
AkitaMilinia chapter 1 . 7/19/2018
Wow. This is beautiful. And I know it’s been 8 years, but I don’t suppose you’ve finished chapter 4? Lol
Guest chapter 3 . 2/3/2018
Plz update this is am axing !
Guest chapter 2 . 2/3/2018
I thought. Shisui was a nice, funny dude who. Was. Itachis best. Friend... this’s. Is great
The Sage of Whirlpool chapter 3 . 11/8/2017
This story is dead and I was wondering if anybody know of a similar one
Shadowed Sorceress chapter 3 . 9/20/2017
This is awesome, please tell me you'll update again?
shade chapter 3 . 8/15/2017
shame you didn't continue this story, it was genuinely interesting and I was looking forward to reading about his life and how itachi came to be who he is.
ZaydenBlaze47 chapter 3 . 7/22/2017
You know, I never thought I would find any Naruto fic other than my own 'Shinobi Hiden: Missions, Misinformation, and Mind Games' which used this style of storytelling. But I have to say, you are thrice as capable in your work than I am in mine. I really hope you update.

...
sesshyluhvr chapter 3 . 11/28/2016
I can imagine itachi's childhood similar to this
I love this
Sefera chapter 3 . 10/26/2016
That was an interesting story, good but interesting.
ExculpatoryEvidence chapter 3 . 10/16/2016
Damn it. Everything you write is so good.
Wind King chapter 3 . 10/16/2016
It's been a long time, old friend. Do you still breathe? Do you still watch the evening skyline and settle down for another weary night, tired from the troubles of the day?

Are you alive, Kraken? If so, I do wish to see you one last time.

-4-

The next few days, he watched the boy closer than he had ever before. The boy who was his firstborn son, his own flesh and blood- the boy who was all but a stranger to him. Fugaku numbly realised that he did not at all know Uchiha Itachi.

He was quiet. He had always been quiet, even before the time he'd returned from death's door. Itachi was quiet, but he was always watching. He watched the world, watched anything and everything from the leaves fluttering to the ground, to the light bulbs hanging over the kitchen table.

"What are you watching?" Fugaku asked, feeling a strange trepidation run through his veins. Itachi sat on the porch once more, legs swinging idly and eyes gazing at nothing in particular. But he saw something. Something Fugaku couldn't see.

What did Itachi see?

"You cannot see it?" the boy speaks after a moment. His tone is light, and his eyes search Fugaku's own.

He is thin and small. His face is solemn and his hair as dark as Fugaku's own had been as a boy. His eyes are wide.

Itachi's fingers slide tentatively through the air, as though grasping something intangible. It moves and slithers like a snake in the grass- like a fish in a still river. To him it looks as though Itachi is merely grabbing at the air.

Fugaku cannot see.

He grows desperate.

Out of an idle fancy, his eyes flicker crimson. For a moment, he watches.

The minute particles of dust glitter like diamonds in the daylight. His eyes catch the sight and move to disregard it, but then he notices something else.

The dust is moving in a pattern. The same pattern Itachi's fingers are moving in. Faint as a nightlight, the pale green of wind release coils around his nails.

"Where did you learn to do that?" He finds himself asking, feeling short on breath.

His son remains silent. Fugaku watches for a few more moments, and then retires to his study.

The next morning, he files an admission form to the ninja academy.