Reviews for All Ye Who Enter
le doux frisson chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
This is totally awesome. The characterization and the plot are believable; it's very easy to picture the Joker doing this in the movie, THAT believable. The "frickin'" part, however, irked me quite a bit. I'm no authority on the Joker, I haven't even written a one-shot featuring him (though I've started one, I'm kinda afraid to finish and post it here) but I do have some expectations as in his characterization and the word just... doesn't fit.

Apart from that, I was too intrigued by the fic to really search for mistakes and all so I won't be offering any concrit, I'm afraid.

In short, this is a brilliant fic and definitely goes on my faves.
HoistTheColours chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
This was really, really good. I mean like, REALLY good. You wanna know why? Because it was believable. Everything that was happening and the way you wrote the Joker and Rachel . . . I could definitely see all that stuff happening in The Dark Knight. Not to mention that this was just all around excellently written—I really like your style and just overall way of writing. You seriously had me after the first paragraph; I was just like, “wow, I really like this.”

I also really liked the way you wrote Rachel, and I think you captured her personality quite immaculately. There are so many authors out there, who, when they writing the Joker and Rachel stories, just don’t do Rachel’s character justice to the Batman Begins & The Dark Knight movies; but you, Random-Battlecry, have gone against the tide, and written a completely compelling and as I said before, believable Rachel. Just the way she reacts to everything and how she is not completely terrified of the Joker (she IS, after all, quite a stubborn and brave little thing,) but she also knows where her place is and when “enough is enough,” as they say. I think you wrote a great balance concerning Rachel’s emotions.

And now . . . the Joker. What’s to say? He’s just such an all around fantastic character to write and I must admit I quite a fan of his, and pretty much enjoy reading almost ANY authors take on him—so yours was really no exception. You did a great job, keeping him in character but also adding a little more quirkiness to him too—a little ode to Jack Nicholson’s portrayal, maybe? Either way, it was good.

I do, however, have some (small) critiques. Firstly, you mentioned that the Joker pushed Rachel into a chair and then later you mention that she is tied up. If she is, then you never mentioned beforehand that the Joker had done that too her, you simply mentioned that she was pushed into the chair. And secondly, when the Joker says “frickin’ white knight,” I kind of cringed. That was really the only of the Joker’s speech that really struck me as being really out of character. I don’t know, maybe it was just me.

Overall? I enjoyed this. Great imagery, great writing technique, and just a great, fun read.

Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

HoistTheColours

Ps. Oh, and another thing I forgot to mention: I loved the scene where Rachel is being followed by that one random guy in the begniing of this story, that was EXCELLENTLY written and you genuinely had me a bit scared for Rachel. Well done.
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
Good God is this a delicious mind-f*ck of a fic. Exactly what I expected went down in the actual movie. Brilliant and searing!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
Haven't seen you since "Who's Lair Is It Anyway?" and my 'Nekura~sama' days.

Good to see that you write drama and tension as amazingly as you write comedy. *flourishing bow* I enjoyed the intro and the chase scene the best.

Thank you for writing.
Old-Wives-Tale chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
I thought it was okay. The characters seemed very realistic. Although do:

"Gotham’s night is not dark. The sky over the city is dim, to be sure, but while there are too many bright lights, neon and otherwise, to allow for glimpses of the moon and stars, there are also too many bright lights to allow for true darkness, the sort you get out in the countryside, when you’re asleep in a farmhouse and there’s no people for miles and miles around."

and

"She didn’t notice she was being followed till it was too late to do anything about it; she was nearly at the door of her apartment building when the hairs on the back of her neck lifted as though by static electricity; she glanced behind her and then she saw him, some guy in jeans and a black t-shirt, who would have passed unnoticed among the afternoon crowds were it not for his set eyes, fixed on her with the wideness of a drug addict."

really need to be one sentence?

He does, however, direct her where he wants her to go, stepping her through the maze; while he’s been in her apartment, he’s been dinking around with stuff, poking his nose here it didn’t belong, and he’s made quite a mess.

"Where" is spelled wrong.

"Our frickin’ white knight." Frickin'? Really?

Lastly, you mentioned Rachel getting pushed into a chair, not tied up. Did the bonds just magically appear?

Don't get me wrong, this is good. The things I mentioned above were just a few things that bugged me, that's all.
highland girl 1592 chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
Rachel's conversation with the Joker reminded me of Alice's conversation with Tweedledum and Tweedledee "Contrariwise,""if it was so,it might be;and if it were so,it would be;but as it isn't,it ain' 's logic." ,Tweedledee said that piece.:)What a pity that the Joker killed her in the I mean.:(
dustie-snark chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Wow. So good. You really make it feel like a deleted scene; everyone's in character, it flows perfectly. :) Kudos!

-dustie
dark-hearted rose chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Brilliant! :D

You get bonus points because: You. Mentioned. The. Socks. I love those socks. *nodnod*

Pardon my babbling. Great oneshot, again. More?
deleted9 chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
Great one-shot! You did well getting into both Rachel and the Joker' s mind. Wonderful job!
Vaetra chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
Really good one-shot! I like these mid-TDK things. Hope there's more to come!
Kendra Luehr chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
Awesome! I've been waiting for somebody to write a one-shot on exactly this, because Rachel mentioned having spoken to the Joker to Harvey, thus implying that they'd been alone. Great job, and very well-written! :)
Erik chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
You always did have a perfection for voices, Random. I'm glad to see that you're still writing, and entertaining the masses with vivid imagery. I could definitely see the scene. Brava!

Miss chattin' with ya, btw.
hly chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
wow

that was seriously awesome!