Reviews for The Oil of Lanius
ceilil chapter 17 . 6/6
satisfaction disclaimer: Hades yes! all chapters are full of it! high levels and rising from beginning to end!
Gabrielle eating for two will cost mass resignations from the little baby rabbits all right!
"But _somebody_ let the wittle wabbit get away. That was one tough rabbit. Real- man-killer."
ceilil chapter 13 . 6/6
Teles. professor Umbridge' sister no doubt :P
ceilil chapter 11 . 6/6
lots of substance.
ceilil chapter 10 . 6/6
"But somewhere in my secret heart
I know
Love will find a way
Anywhere I go
I'm home
If you are there beside me
Like dark turning into day
Somehow we'll come through
Love is never wrong
And so it never dies
There's a perfect world
Shining in your eyes
And if only they could feel it too
The happiness I feel with you"
ceilil chapter 9 . 6/6
distress levels welcome!
“If I didn’t have the painful memories, then I wouldn’t know what the good ones were like, right? I - I just couldn’t let it go, Xena, no matter what the pain. I’m sorry.”
ceilil chapter 7 . 6/6
“Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people’s sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes.”
ceilil chapter 4 . 6/6
damn you evil kaltaka chalice. care to try Zeus' horny twin' oil? "Two souls, trapped in one body."
ceilil chapter 2 . 6/6
self sacrificing gesture. Argo to the rescue! stable thinking. blessed from hoof to head.
sayYesToGary chapter 17 . 9/13/2015
Thank you so much for writing this! What a ride! I enjoyed it all the way through! Thank you, thank you! Angst but with that sweet ending that spreads over your wrenched soul like a chocolate icing on a cake ;) kisses! 3
divvycrip chapter 10 . 3/17/2015
I am really enjoying this story. The plot is good. The characterisation is great but the spelling geek in me keeps shouting "it's a bloody CHALICE". Please spellcheck. Some great works cannot be read by those of us afflicted by this geekness
draupadi chapter 17 . 1/6/2014
this is good. Hope you will write more of this. I almost cryed. :)))
UnguidedLight chapter 17 . 4/14/2013
Awesome :P
ivo1617 chapter 17 . 1/11/2012
Well this was the one possibility that you have not covered. Gabrielle feeling guilty about putting Xena in a bad situation. Good thing that Xena had the element of surprise since she knew Gabrielle was pregnant. This seems to have been the problem since now Gabrielle is nicer to people. It seems that Gabrielle had the exact same fears as Xena did - being left alone.

This was a very interesting story. You did a good job with everything - the problems between Xena and Gabrielle, the other characters (not Xena or Gabrielle), the bad guys, and the action.
ivo1617 chapter 16 . 1/11/2012
Gabrielle seems to have a good reason for being distant. I am using the word seems since Xena would have to talk to her in order to find out what exactly is bothering Gabrielle. Though chances are that Gabrielle has even more on her mind than Xena does. If she is pregnant, Gabrielle will have an even harder time dealing with being raped. But since she loves children, I have a hard time seeing her give up her child in any way. She probably has the same doubts about the relationship she is in as Xena does, but for different reasons.

Xena is also in a tough situation. With Gabrielle being so distant, she is thinking about leaving in the hope that Gabrielle will be better off. However, that could make things even worse for Gabrielle if she thinks that Xena does not want to be with her. If this or anything else bad happens to Gabrielle, she might try to hurt herself for real.
ivo1617 chapter 15 . 1/11/2012
It seems that Gabrielle has simply snapped. Despite her bravery from previous chapters, she has had too much to deal with and she is depressed. It's clear that she is still dealing with being raped if she does not like people touching her. Hopefully she is not upset specifically at Xena since she is withdrawn from everyone. Xena should help Gabby find a hobby or give her something to do. Hopefully Gabby has not gone somewhere at the end of the chapter where she will be in trouble.

I still think that Hercules, Iolaus, and Joxer should have stayed a bit longer. I have no idea if it would have helped, but it would have been nice for Gabby to have some people around who are just friends and she does not have a more complicated relationship with. (Xena is her partner and the Amazons are her subjects.)