Reviews for And she smiled
Emberike chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
Beutiful story! It was well written and I think you captured Arwen's character great!
Mirach chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
Beautiful! I love this scene, and the symmetry of the picture, like the touch of a lovers through time and distance - she thinks on Aragorn when making this flag, and her love and hope is in every stitch. And for him, it is a glimps of that love and hope in the darkest moment, when he unhurls it for the first time when the darkness is strongest - at the stone of Erech. I have a picture that would exactly fit this story, drawn almost 8 years ago... If you want, I can send you a link )
Larner chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
A perfect capture of that moment.
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
I really enjoyed this. Very nice!
MagykTales chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Hi!

Very nice, insightful, and above all interesting one-shot. Somehow I'm going to dart forward to the very ending and comment. What Arwen said, about meeting Aragon in Minas Tirith, in a free Middle Earth is from my point of view, as premonition or promise of the future from Arwen. What she would find intriguing is that it comes true. That's very interesting how you linked her thought to the outcome of the actual tale. I like that.

About portraying Arwen and her thoughts, I love it really. You do not go out of character. She is of course anxious and always worried, but as long as Aragon lives and the fight for Middle Earth stretches on, she will forever have that hope in her heart. For a free Middle Earth, for a free life. For a life with Aragon.

Well, nice one-shot! I found next to no grammatical errors so the beta reading done was very good. Nice job!

P.M.
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
thank you. i think arwen is under-represented. people today don't understand how strong she is because she's not out there fighting and stuff. they underestimate how important things like the banner are.

anyway, write more!
Fili chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
Hi Elf! :D I must say that Galenfea has exactly captured my thoughts on Arwen and this story - I don't much like Movie!Arwen - I like your version of her much better! ;)

Though the ending makes me sad... that was probably the only promise that Halbarad ever broke.. *sniff*

Great job, my friend!

*hugs*

Dwarf
Galenfea chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
I don't often read Arwen-centric fics, but your summary made it sound great, so I went for it this time. Definitely worth the foray outside my normal reading! I think you captured Arwen beautifully, just the right balance of hope and strength with femininity that I think the films ruined (hence the fact that I tend to steer clear of her).

My only criticism would be that I think the banner was attached to a staff - certainly it was when Halbarad gave it to Aragorn. However, come to think of it, that could very easily have been done later, and your way is probably better for keeping it safe on the journey.

So excellent job - I shall think of this fic whenever I read about that banner!
Virtuella chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
What a sweet and gentle story! I like the prtrayal you give of Arwen here.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
This was just lovely. You conveyed Arwen's feelings very well.
Starlitsnow chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
that was beautiful! :) i really enjoyed reading it. thanks for making a great story.