Reviews for Too Little, Too Late
mydearstar chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
are the only thing that i can tell you
Lady K 171 chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Very nice!
Prue27 chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
God, this made me cry ;( I love it tho, fantastic one-shot :]
Lady Nerd chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
So the movie didn't even make me cry. I just got a bit teary-eyed, is all... then I went fanfiction-hunting, found this, and started bawling.
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Wow, what a chilling piece of fanfiction. You wrote this so wonderfully. I love the idea behind it, with Toby running off to the law and trading Todd’s life for Lovett’s. It’s very hauntingly poetic and I love how each word in the piece adds something to it; it’s not mindless waffle (which, I admit, I am incredibly prone to myself). I particularly enjoyed the part in the middle where Lovett was speaking, with Todd not listening as he was thinking of how he ended up in a prison cell (that probably doesn’t make much sense, but I don’t know how else to convey what I’m trying to say xD). The imagery is gorgeous, and the last part in particular is heart-wrenching. I’m sat here with tears streaming down my face because of how sad it was. Lovett living by the sea without Todd just doesn’t seem right. D’: Those last few sentences were just perfect though. Again, words can’t really describe how much I love this piece of work.
InDeppth chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
i love it! especially the ending. and the way u kept their fellings the same but with a little heartship it was beautiful!

3 DEPP

awesome one-shot, if it was more it wouldhave dragged.
Bloody Pumpkinhead chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
O_O Wow. This is really impressive, sad and powerful and- Wow. I love the last paragraph! And what a clever idea: he's "heartless" because Nellie has stolen his heart. Ah, brilliant.

By the way, the part where Todd gets a cough fit reminds me a lot of ITDBY.

Anyway, this is beautiful.

(And now I'm going to sleep.)
Gemini Gamers chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
That was so powerful, that's all I can say.
Hubert24601 chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
Wow, I loved this story. SO MUCH. I'm gonna do a banner for you, mmkay? xD Seriously, Robbelz, you're turning me into an angsty reader/writer. This is the first one I clicked on because it said 'angst/tragedy', although I really didn't like the fact that Sweeney dies. But there will always be Sweenett. xD

Lizzels!x
Defying.Expectations chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Oh. I'm just sitting here shivering now. What a beautifully haunting AU ending. Very fitting with Sweeney canon . . . makes sense that Toby would run to the authorities (if his brains weren't too addled and screwed up by then, that is) and push Todd in so as to keep Lovett safe. How awful then that she's forced to live without him . . . it's almost sadder than the real ending, in a way, though that ending pains me too. I'm just rambling now. In conclusion, lovely job.
xDoubleIndemnity chapter 1 . 1/15/2009
I wish I wasn't thinking of Jojo's song when I read this, but that's alright. I managed to ignore it, for the most part. Anyways, *sob*. Now I want to cry, I really do. In a good way, I mean. (I don't think I'm making much sense here...) Yeah, so amazing job here. *go offs to find a tissue*
so nice so smart chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
wow. you totally captured the sadness mrs. lovett and sweeney felt! i feel like i'm gonna cry! Great job, this is one of the greatest fics i've ever read!
Chelinda chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
Amazing, simply amazing. The tone is perfectly in keeping with the bleak atmosphere of the worst of London and the inevitability of the tragedy in the movie-no "everything is better" AU here. I love all of your Sweeney pieces-it's rare that first person works in fanfiction, but you pull it off beautifully.
Barcavolio chapter 1 . 9/16/2008
Wow, I'm seriously crying now...
Pamena chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
I'm finally reviewing! As I said before, I love this because it's so original. I don't believe I've ever read anything quite like it. The idea of Todd being convicted of his crimes and punished for them, and Mrs. Lovett having to stand by and watch as he's hanged, it's just...awesome. Dude. This would be such a nifty alternate ending! I love that Toby negotiated for Mrs. Lovett's freedom, I can see him doing something like that, not wanting to believe that his mum could ever doing anything so heinous without being forced. I think one of my favorite parts is where Todd tells her to go to the sea, and how he could picture her there, in a life without him. I just love the images that conjures up for me. And I just love how at the last possible minute, he realizes he has a reason besides Lucy to live, and it's too late to do a thing about it. How incredibly cruel. LOL The end scene, I think this goes without saying, but it was just fabulous and horribly sad and I loved it. Those last three lines really got me. Girl, do you know how to write or what? So amazingly written, I just loved every bit of it and I can't wait to read whatever else you come up with:)