Reviews for Edward's Eclipse
k1942 chapter 3 . 12/9/2012
Poor besotted Edward, he is so whipped! This girl has him wrapped totally around her little finger. The guy can't maintain righteous rage around her to save himself! You're right, he should have taken thirty minutes to hunt before he confronted Bella, it certainly would have helped.
k1942 chapter 2 . 12/9/2012
I usually chalk it up to a combination of being eighteen and wanting to have her cake and eat it too! Bella still thinks she can love Edward with all her heart and still have Jacob for a best friend. Just a part of growing up and realizing it isn't going to work that way! On the other side of the coin, Edward needs, badly, to get a grip, and to understand, he's not God! I love both these characters, but once in a while would like to knock their heads together, just to get their attention!
k1942 chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Vampire minds move so swiftly, it would make a human mind spin! It's fun being in Edward's thoughts, just beacause of his gift, and the fact of his old-fashioned up-bringing. Makes for an interesting combination, sometimes.
REgrrl chapter 10 . 11/25/2012
I have loved this entire introspective story into Edwards thoughts. Frankly it was a better read into him than the actual book permitted. Bravo! Very well written.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 10 . 9/25/2012
Very interesting look into Edward's psyche from your perspective. A very real perspective. You did capture the personality SM gave him very well. I'm so glad that the first couple times I read the Saga I was just enjoying the fun. Didn't really look at the characters. When I did finally look at them I would have happily and cheerfully given Bella to James and Victoria at the baseball field. Not sure, but think SM really hated Bella. She made her whiney, immature, and self-centered. There was little, if anything, about her that was likeable. Edward definitely had his faults. He was so arrogant it was painful. He was so obviously a 17 year old with a crush on the only girl in school who wasn't panting after him. Just glad I had fun with the Saga before I took a good look at it and I can still have fun reading it.
Dandelion Dust chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this! I agree that Edward can be a complex, interesting character, more so than I think the books actually express. Anyone who has lived so long and made such difficult decisions as he would have, must have many depths to explore. Thanks for writing!
Guest chapter 10 . 7/3/2012
I don't know how anyone can continue to be Team Jacob, he is selfish, he can't want what she wants for her to be happy. He cares more about what Jacob wants than what she wants. He also has given no thought to the fact that it would ruin his relationship with Bella if he killed Edward, whereas Edward does understand that though she may choose Jacob, if Jacob killed Edward it would destroy her love for him. Furthermore, getting back to her choice to become a vampire, I remember in the book, she told him she would be changing soon and he said he would rather she be dead. What kind of man who claims that he loves her, wishes her dead. Lots of insight into Edward's thought processes here. Very good Rachel Garber.
Guest chapter 9 . 7/3/2012
To me, this just shows how coniving Jacob is, and his thoughts about her are so repulsive, he just see her as an object of lust, Edward's thoughts are so much different. He did let himself go earlier on in the bed, but realized that was not what he wanted for her, not the gentlemanly way to think of her. Jacob shows how crude his thoughts are in Breaking Dawn when her finds out that Bella is pregnant, and he refers to Edward as wanting to "get some" He has typical hormonal teenage boy thoughts about Bella, and while Edward would give her up, despite how much it would hurt him, he would give her up to Jacob, if that is what made her happy. Edward's love is a totally selfless love, whereas Jacob is just plain selfish, he doesn't care about what Bella wants, only what he wants. This is well written, although one of the few times SM let us have some idea of EPOV. Jacob does not deserve her, he only cares about his own happiness, not about what would make Bella happy.
Guest chapter 8 . 7/3/2012
I hate the way Jacob taunts Edward, this is a good scene, not one of my favs, my blood just about boils with all this self-satisfied Jacob crap going on. He elicits no sympathy from me, and his taunting, is still insufferable. Great chapter, well written to convey just how berft Edward feels. I feel so sorry for him in this chapter.
Guest chapter 7 . 7/3/2012
This is probably the chapter in which I hated Jacob the most, except for the next one, lol, I hate how he continues to refer to Edward and the Cullens as leeches. Even if the was only thinking it this time, he said it to Bella way to many times. His hostility overtook his knowledge that she really resented that, yet he wouldn't stop. This is so nice written, Edward may be elderly for a human, but he is still really a boy, well teenager, and having had no experienc with girls either as a human teenager, or as a vampire, SM seems to have captured his insecurities very well, as have you, giving us his POV in this serious change in his life. His fiancee', how that word must fill Edward with undiluted joy. Something he never expected to experience, is now his
Guest chapter 6 . 7/3/2012
Ohhh, I just adore this chapter, I hated that Melissa Rosenberg changed the words, "the extrodinary honor" what nonsense, Edward's words in the canon were perfect, as old as men and women have come together to pledge to join their lives, "extrodinary" is just too gushy. This is so sweet, so tender. and it is such a sweet reminder of the boy Edward really is, deep down inside, he is still the boy who died in 1918. You wrote this so beautifully, and you conveyed exactly, Edward's feelings. The love that he never experienced as a human boy or as a vampire, but which he has for his Bella. Beautiful. Too bad you can't get SM permission to publish this as EPOV since Midnight Sun is only EPOV for Twilight.
Guest chapter 5 . 7/1/2012
Ahh, this is sweet, he is in such a struggle to keep her safe, she thinks he doesn't find her desirable, when it is quite the opposite for him. I will always adore canon Edward, and having read his POV, which you are doing magnificently, I love him even more. Thanks for more of Edward. Rachel Garber
Guest chapter 4 . 7/1/2012
Aside from the possibility of death that consumation of their love would pose, the other issue that Edward mentions, though inwardly, and not to Bella, is his early 20th century sensibilities. We know that some boys (and men) took advantage of girls, just as they do today, but Edward has been raised with a code of honor that he will not break. He only verbalizes the possibility of killing her, but his thoughts testify to the fact that having sex with Bella is a violation of the code he grew up with as a human boy. I know a lot of ppl were disppointed that there was not more sex, that it was unrealistic, whatever, for me, as a person who as a social worker and a substitute teacher, who has witnessed young girls that are way to grown for their own good, who see so much sex in the media, in their own lives, I was and am delighted that there is ONE story aimed at teen girls that does not feature them hopping from bed to bed. I adore Edward for his insistence on protecting her virtue, and you have written in a very sensitive way, this chapter from his POV. This is a masterpiece. Rachel Garber
Guest chapter 3 . 7/1/2012
Yeah she is just totally unaware, whether from ignorance or willfulness, of the danger the werewolves pose, maybe she will get it when she sees how badly Emily was hurt. As mentioned in the previous review, the woman who contributed to that book, Twilight and Philosophy, seems to have totally missed the point of Edward's concern, his knowledge that the werewolves are volitle (sp) creatures. Actually, it has been a while since I read New Moon, but I think she met Emily in that book when she went to the campfire, so why she doesn't comprehend the truth of what Edward says, seems just willful disbelief. I forget who left the scars on Emily's face, but I am sure he thought he would never hurt her either, as Bella seems sure that Jacob would never do. This is a very good chapter, really happy to get EPOV.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/1/2012
I have issues with Bella in this series as well. Unfortunately, it left Edward open to criticism in a book titled Twilight and Philosophy where several "experts" on pop culture make a case for Edward being an abusive controlling boyfriend. One woman wrote a chapter about the "Tao" of Jacob, claiming him to be a peaceful person who works hard and cares about Bella, and when I read that I saw red. Umm, yeah, peaceful he has threatened to kill the Cullens, repeatedly referred to them as bloodsuckers and leeches, even though he knows that bothers Bella. One male reviewer early on referred to Bella as a tease, and at first I was annoyed with that assessment, however, on reading the story again (multiple times) I had to agree, she knows her relationship with Jacob upsets Edward and she should see that he is manipulating her, if anyone is manipulative it is not Edward but Jacob, and she just lets her emotions or sense of obligation blind her to his little tricks. This is great, glad to see EPOV.
436 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »