Reviews for A Balm for Social Failure
hpsoulmate chapter 39 . 9/12
Omg I love this story! Lightkira is so cool! And the ending is so sweet!
garnet86 chapter 39 . 5/3
I read your other story, Pitch, some days ago and was instantly hooked! This fic proves to be just as good and intriguing! I love the way you portray the difficult and yet exciting relationship between L and Light - nothing's ever easy between them but then again, that's what makes this so believable. I also like the way you finished the story because then everyone can imagine what will happen to them in the future. I really hope you're going to write another story about those two again when inspiration strikes you - you really do have a gift for storytelling! Thank you for this long, amazing read!
Exogenesis Symphony Fm7 chapter 16 . 1/19
You are so amazing!

Amelia is Light!
Consulting Shippers chapter 39 . 1/12
This was really, really good. The kind of fic I've always wanted to read about these 2. Loved it!
L Lawliet Ryu chapter 25 . 7/24/2014
I honestly love LxLight a bit more than LightxL simply because it seems too obvious Light would want to take the role of dominance. It's nice to see L put him in his place. That and the fact I love that L is six years older than Light.

On another note, I absolutely love this fic. It's taking me a while to read it because I'm going between this one, Second Chance by SlightlyPsycho, and Death Note Manga Volume 1... I have a bit of ADHD. Haha. But really, I absolutely LOVE THIS FIC!
L Lawliet Ryu chapter 6 . 7/16/2014
I am absolutely loving this so far. It's hilarious and angsty at the same time. The perfect for my indecisive mood! Can't wait to read ahead some more.
DarkSapphireXx chapter 39 . 7/15/2014
Hello! I'm a reader and big fan of your story PITCH, and so decided to give this story a whirl. What a journey! I'm such a fangirl for the 'possessive and kinda crazy but still caring' Light and the 'submissively confused but still cleverly awesome' L :D This story ( and your other) was just to my liking! I have to say that I am in awe of your writing skills! You inject so much passion into every L/Light encounter and your mastery of words is incredible! I keep opening a new tab to look up a word and I really feel like my vocabulary has grown while reading this. Well done and thank you for sharing :)
Shantelpe chapter 39 . 3/8/2014
You should be a legitimate author (if you're not already). The characters, details, interactions, all of it was amazing! 11/10 in my opinion:D
WolfsLullaby chapter 39 . 2/9/2014
Oh my... God. This has to be one of THEE best Deathnote fics... Ever. Now, I'm not going to exaggerate... But FUCK you are one talented writer. I'm almost upset that I haven't read this sooner. Thank you for sharing your vision! I was a little disappointed with the ending((more where it ended, not the actual conclusion)) coulda fit one more lemony scene in there... ; u;
All joking aside, I heartily applaud you. It took me a couple days to finish and was not disappointed! I'm glad light went ((semi)) back to normal in the end. But I do admit, it was interesting how Kira and Light split personalities. You captured all of the emotion and turmoil so well. I wish I had such talent! Keep on writing!
DPObservant chapter 19 . 7/14/2013
And all of my questions are answered. Great work! I love the conflict Light feels regarding the Notebook. And the plot's progressing quickly, yay!
DPObservant chapter 17 . 7/14/2013
Well, I'm really late to the party here, but I have to say that I love your story so far. I've always liked the idea of Light having two personalities and the cross-dressing was an ingenious solution. However I have been wondering several things like where did Ryuk go? And if Light is so worried about hurting L, wouldn't he consider giving up the Death Note? But other than a few plot holes (which may be answered in later chapters) I think your fiction is very entertaining to read.
Nightmare Kami chapter 16 . 7/9/2013
Sorry, but I just read 16 chapters of this and it has finally occoured to me... Where the fuck is Ryuuk? Shouldn't he be near Light at all times? If not only for entertainment, but because he HAS TO BE by Shinigami law? Okay, I can get over that. I just sat there thinking: It took me forever to realise so it can't be an important factor, right? Besides, this is one of the only few realistic LxLight fanfictions I've ever read, let's just try and move on. So I did, and just before I clicked the next chapter I realised... WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO MISA?! I mean, I already assumed that Rem just didn't exist since, you know, Light is a total dick to Misa and anyone slightly more intelligent than Misa can see it but is still ALIVE. But you'd think when Light just started ignoring her after another dude kissed him in an ally... A guy who was chained to him... A guy who she admitted wasn't too bad... A GUY WHO THEN IMPLIED THAT LIGHT GAINED PLEASURE FROM THE KISS, Misa would flip out a little. Up to this point, there's been no mention since that moment of Misa even being alive any more. What? Did Light/Kira kill her? We know she's a psycho but doesn't have the eyes, therefore, she can't just kill L like she would any other time. Somehow I imagine that her thoughts on what to do after realising that either Light is the worst boyfriend ever, she's been dumped, or she's going to have to put up with people molesting the obsession of her life would be along the lines of 'if I can't have Light then no one can!' Then she'd kill them both Romeo and Juliette style. Or as close to that as she can get without actually having to read about how they died. Some how Will. doesn't seem like her fix.
But wait, even if I can still force this fact out of my head, it'd be because of the hope it'd be brought up in a later chapter and explained. So... Misa is still going to be alive even though Kira failed and the obsession of her life was given the death sentence? Just for fun, let's say that Misa actually gave up on Light and realised that she had nothing left in life but Kira, who was Light, but she magically forgot that and carried on obeying Kira's order to not use her death note. What happens when Kira dies? Because you can't say she didn't know. First, forget who Misa is except that she was dating Kira. Who neglects to tell the criminal's supposedly oblivious girlfriend that all this time they've been dating a mass murderer and that he'll be dead soon and she'll never see him again? So she has no parents, no friends, her hero is dead and called evil by the world and with it her obsession (one true love in her head)'s dead too, after being with (even Misa would realise slightly/subconsiously or at least have made it up in her new midframe) another man. She's likely paranoid, depressed, and with nothing to live for other than a modelling career which isn't quite stable enough yet to keep her paid well in her situation. What kind of photo shoot do you have where the model is depressed and maybe even jumping at the camera flash!(although that second one isn't too likely, she would be at least a bit jumpy/paranoid) Two options I can see your version of Misa going with; Second Kira killing rampage or Killing herself. Both options of bad because if she was killing Soichiro would be a lot more angry since they would seem like the same Kira at first and his son died for nothing. The second means we get no explaination and you are likely to have made these mistakes throughout the rest of the fiction.
Other than that? Nothing. Zilch. NADA. And that is why I'm pissed. I can honestly say this is great, but you only characterise the main people well. People I'm guessing you care little for or think make no difference to your story past being a tool for plot advancement are generic and have almost no substance past that one single 2D layer. These little things are what ruin a perfectly good story! They make sub-plits to engage the reader if attended to, and plot holes if not. The main plot has little to do with these other unimportant people but unless it all fits together like one of Near's puzzles, it unravels and screws uo the entire thing.
And yeah, I know that this is fanfiction, but other than these points the whole think is written like literary artwork. To use the puzzle analagy again, Each character or scene or fact is a piece of the story. It all fits together. There are part's of the puzzle you don't care about when you finally finish, like the barely visable bird. Your eyes aren't drawn to thay, so why do you care. To make the picture created by the puzzle perfect, you could just draw it on a piece of paper and miss out the bits you don't care for. Now you have a new version for people to look at and it still makes sense but still have the original and all the set facts that you don't stray from, or else you'd be drawing a completely different picture. What you've done is brake off the images you don't like and now the puzzle doesn't make sense. Do you understand what I mean? Probably not but to cut it short your facts don't make sense even in an AU world where Rem doesn't exist, Ryuuk can forgo his daily fix of apples and Misa is not a super psycho. Sad thing is that you have already written this and on top of being pointless now, changing these facts might mean rewriting more than just these sections. So I'm not asking for change, just showing you where you've gone wrong so that next time I won't feel like banging my head on a wall and calling it a day. Yes, I'm going to finish this. While I do expect to be frustrated at even more of these mess ups, the actual story is just too addicting to stop.
So thank you, sorry and you're welcome- all at the same time. X
Anjiera-sama chapter 2 . 4/13/2013
Watch me L. I'll take a potato chip...and EAT it. Loooool
Guest chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Great start into the story 33
I liked how it wasn't rushed but at the same time you brought both characters early into the game )
Guest chapter 39 . 7/1/2012