Reviews for Fake Empire
Arwen Lune chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Wow, that was very visceral and powerful. I could practically feel the weight on my shoulders. Awesomely written.
solfire chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Oh my god, I'm absolutely blown away by the depth you brought to the character. My husband is a Marine, so I'm around them a lot and I'm really impressed by how well you've interpreted the way they think (it's definitely on a different frequency than normal people...) Awesome story and absolutely beautiful writing!
ziggy s chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
Don't know why I didn't see this story before when i was busy falling in love with your other posting! I know I am way behind in praise of your stories but generation kill only just screened in my country so I'm a little behind in searching this website for it. The way you capture these characters is fantastic.

ziggy.s
SoothingWords chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
What a beautiful caption of Nate in my humble opinion. Enjoyed reading through this and actually read it twice because I liked it so much.

Great writing that I envy, wish my English was good enough to write like this.
likeamilliontoone chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
Love this. I just finished watching GK last night and the first thing I did this morning was look for some fan fiction.

I just love Nate and I think you did a great job of expanding on his character.

I also love the Iceman and I really like the way they interact.

Great job!
Sea Chelle chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
Really great bit here! Great control of language and smooth flow. I liked this look into Fick's head-he's one of my favorites. Just finished reading the book and watching the show and couldn't get enough. Actually just bought Fick's book! Anyway, this was a great read!
Lovelikethemovies chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
I really enjoyed reading this. It's great to have a little look-see into El-Tee's mind.

Lines like "Captain Schwetje tries to kill his company and it’s up to Nate to save the day" and "Nate didn’t join the military to play the part of superhero; he doesn’t want the glory. He just wants to bring his men home", and everything about Nate and Brad's interaction... those just killed me and made this absolutely wonderful.
suzi chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
Hey there, Loved your story. Love Generation Kill and Fick is my favorite as he is such a good decent guy. Hope you write some more about him in the future. Keep the faith
FireFlyFlicker chapter 1 . 10/10/2008
question what episode is the one when Iceman has the melt down?
Roga chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
...I am speechless. This is so, so good, I honestly don't know how I can go back to reading GK fic written by other people now.
mllesatine chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
I really enjoyed your fic. You captured one of the major themes of this show. I loved your take on Fick and felt that everyone was IC.
DD chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
Absolutely great! Fick's voice is awesome and believable and the sheer talent and skill coming out of GK community is truly wonderful and I'm so glad I found your writing!
ESP chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
Love it. More GK, please?
JENNY is RAD chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
This was another beautiful piece of fiction. I love your style- the five stories together thing really works for you. That scene with Espera, Pappy and Lovell was terrible to watch because you could see the conflict in FIck's eyes and you captured that amazingly.

My favorite line was "Islam is older than all the men in the platoon combined, but nothing is older than war." Beautiful, insightful, and meaningful.

And this is just me being nit-pickey, but the camp is spelled "Mathilda" not "Matilda". It's the same pronunciation though.

I look forward to more stories from you.