Reviews for Home Fires
Me chapter 6 . 11/4/2014
There were two stalag 13s near Hammelburg A & B. American forces liberated it on April 6th 1945.
Beloved Daughter chapter 9 . 5/12/2013
Really cool story! I only hope you will once again start writing this story again and finish it! :)
Hoganfan chapter 9 . 3/4/2013
I like this. I wonder how you'll get Hogan back home though. My only complaint is the number of typos. You might want to proofread this a bit more. Otherwise, it's excellent.
Guest chapter 9 . 8/20/2012
I was so glad to see an update to this story. Poor Kinch and Newkirk. We know Kinch is alive, but how did Newkirk make out? Did he survive his injuries? It seems like Kinch and Hogan's family at least know why they weren't notified officially about Hogan. I think Butler made the right move in this situation. It was better to wait until he had been able to verify Hogan's death before notifying his family. Here's hoping Hogan gets the help he needs so he can be released by the Russians and soon.
siriuslybigfanofhp chapter 8 . 4/6/2012
Nooo! I love this story (which I just found, by the way). It's been about 2 years, but I'm going to subscribe anyway, in case you randomly decide to update again.
Limmet chapter 8 . 4/23/2010
Ouch, things are just spiralling downwards for everyone... great chapter! I really enjoyed the scene with Hogan and the Russian major... this might be one situation that not even Hogan with all his charm will be able to get out of. Looking forward to your next update!
Deana chapter 8 . 4/23/2010
OMG, they both got shot! OW! I hope we see the rest of that scene in chapter 9!
ColHogan chapter 8 . 4/22/2010
Hogan's in a real mess and it doesn't seem like this Russian Major is not on Hogan's side. Whatever Kinch has in mind to save Hogan I hope it works because this time Hogan is going to need help to survive and escape this mess. Great chapter.
snooky-9093 chapter 7 . 4/18/2010
Glad to see this return. Hope this means you are planning on finishing. I had to print up all the chapters to refresh my memory. The flashbacks are well-written, and intriguing. The sections in the "present" with Hogan's family are the same. The story has an excellent descriptive quality...and I look forward to the explanation of how everything fell apart.

However, I do disagree with your author's notes at the end of chapter three. I don't think you need to ignore typos and errors in order to throw a story up so quickly. A quick beta by another author could quickly catch the mistakes which take away from the narrative. I'm sure someone would volunteer to do this for you and hopefully, you can reload the chapters. Just a suggestion.

Sue
Limmet chapter 7 . 4/16/2010
Can I just say, I love this story? It's been so full of suspense since chapter 1, and I'm dying to see where this is going and what the full story behind all this is. I really like how you're letting everything unfold little by little, and how you're handling the different story lines dealing with Hogan, Hogan's family, and Kinch's flashbacks. Can't wait to read more!
ColHogan chapter 7 . 4/15/2010
Tense chapter. So Hogan did see Klink and it was Klink who sneaked that message to Hogan during the night. But can Hogan trust him? Would Klink betray Hogan after he gets what he wants? I hope he doesn't and will make the contact with London to get Hogan out of that labor camp. Can't wait for the next update.
L J Groundwater chapter 6 . 4/14/2010
Oh my goodness gracious, I'd just about given up hope on this one! SO pleased to see it come back, and in force!

I never expected to see the Soviets get involved here... please continue... and more quickly next time!
smithcrafter chapter 6 . 4/14/2010
So glad to see an update to this story. Please keep them coming!
ColHogan chapter 6 . 4/14/2010
I had given this story up as being left unfinished. Imagine my joy at seeing an update after all this time. Thank God Hogan is still alive even though I'm more positive than ever he is a prisoner is a labor camp. Did he really see Klink? Maybe, maybe not. And who is this mysterious person who gave him a letter? Here's hoping this person spoke the truth when he said if Hogan followed what the letter said he could get out. If anybody can survive and escape a labor camp it's Hogan. But I feel bad for Kinch as he will continue blaming himself for what happened to the Colonel. Please don't take too long to update again.
L J Groundwater chapter 5 . 10/18/2008
I have been trying to find time to read this properly for a about a week! I'm glad I did. I feel bad that Kinch will clearly blame himself for whatever happened. Sometimes these things slip past us, but he's never going to accept that, it seems.

There were a few odd spelling issues that threw me out of the story once or twice (flyers versus fliars, blub versus bulb, for example), but still worth the reading, by all means.