Reviews for Breaking Eggs
RumbleRoar811 chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Oh Colin... way to make an impression.
Poppy P chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
This was brilliant! I recently read DAYD and was so amazed that I couldn't even review. It was so fantastic that even my review skills felt inadequate. So my strategy was to read all of the outakes & review those instead. Little did I know that although they're brief, they are just as amazing. For example, your take here on Colin is wonderful. You really show us why he was worthy of Gryffindor. I mean, it's a given that he's brave; he dies after sneaking back in to the battle after all. But the personality you've given him & the background story are really excellent. I can't wait to read more of these!
amazingtofu chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Colin is one of those characters who always amazes me. Not that he was brave or the secret keeper or not a stalker, but the sort of things he says.

The inability to keep his mouth shut is amazing. I love though, honestly. Like telling Demelza's dad why he won't promise not to sleep with her. And how he wants Demmie for desert. And how her dad grounds him XD
CowahBull chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
Oh the truths of adolescence...very cute story!
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Oh that is the best thing ever! I love Colin so much, and it wasn't even just your story that did it but he is so great in this, I love it! Hehe Dean ;)
brknhalo241 chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Very sweet in a sad way. Aarrgh. Still finishing work but needing a touch of DAYD so I thought ..Hm, perfect time for one-shots and those I can make time for, no matter what. I liked this one very much. You just had to know I would be searching out Colin just to keep him alive even if only for a brief moment. Which, of course, made this all the sadder knowing that he was one of the ones for whom pleasure would be his for only a brief time. And you, sweet guy, are quite the romantic! What seems to separate you from other men I've called romantic is that yours appears to be not just cerebral. Seriously. I've had or seen men do the most insanely romantic things but most of the reason is because they believe it will make her happy or get them into bed with her or whatever. It's a thinking thing. There's a reason. You seem to actually have a clue about the feeling thing which is nice.

Colin is very sparkly and I love that about him. I sympathize completely with the open mouth policy he seems to be stuck with. I suffer the same affliction. I can't speak for Colin but, for me, it's because whether you are sharing good things or bad things you believe your words will be taken as you are giving them. With honesty and enthusiasm and a need to share. It's a bit of a shock to discover that there are those in the world that will use your own words as weapons. Colin has learned to tone it down but it's still there and that final comment to his girlfriend's father deserved quite a nice grounding, I say. And this may sound strange, but I'm happy he had that experience. If you're going to die young then it's important to squeeze as much as possible in the time you have left and that even means the silly, stupid things. Like being grounded for speaking inappropriately to your girlfriend's dad. It counts as a life experience. It should be a part of his memories. And now it is!

I also thought it was rather appropriate that Colin admitted to crushing a bit on Michael. So normal in the teen years although few teens will admit it. He actually go be bi-interested but it's rather normal for teens to look around at everyone when exploring their first experiences with their own sexuality. From there,they figure out what they like and move on. Attractive is attractive and it draws people in and when we are young it is easy to mistake feelings or confuse them. Or ... it is also clear then that while some are straight and some are bent, there are many that are curved and, for use, sexuality and choices becomes much more flexible and based on emotion and attraction rather than a specific gender. Either way, very appropriate experience for teenagers. Nice job!
FirstYear chapter 1 . 11/19/2008

“You certainly will be at war if that hand goes one more inch up my daughter’s leg, Mr. Creevey.” I love this line and it was the perfect lead in to a wonderful converstion.
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
He is such an idiot, lmao. Very funny.

L.A.H.H chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
Lovely ending :D And I liked that Colin managed to rationalise what he was doing with Demelza. Enjoyed the explanation of why he was head-over-heels with Harry.
SWaddict1986 chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
"He pulled his hand from his pocket now, knocking it against the edge of the table to demonstrate the same lack of sensation that had lead three times to the demise of Easter eggs they had been attempting to decorate for the holiday that weekend."

:( Poor Colin.

Aw, I hate that he things that Demelza feels bad for him.

"The young witch clapped a hand over her mouth, seeming torn between laughter and embarrassment at his outburst. “Oh, Colin, you didn’t…that never helped your case, you silly. Didn’t you ever catch that Dean was flirting with you?”"

HAHAHAHA oh goodness, that's just so great. I can see them all thinking that too. definitely crossed my mind a few times. LOL

"I’ve had a few times this year I’ve thought pretty seriously about wanting to snog Corner. I think I might like both, actually.” He laughed nervously. “Or maybe Mike’s just that gorgeous.”"

*giggles insanely* well, if the actor in the movie is anything like what Rowling had in mind (who's not even mentioned as Michael but as 'slightly creepy boy' I mean GOOD HELL PEOPLE!) then I don't blame him :P

"“You certainly will be at war if that hand goes one more inch up my daughter’s leg, Mr. Creevey.”"

BAHAHAHAHA fathers! oh that's great.

"“Have you slept with her?”

The question snapped his head up, and he felt his jaw drop as he shook his head quickly. “No, sir! I promise! We’ve kissed a little, but I swear, you caught us as far as we’ve ever gone!”"

Wow! Talk about super blunt for a parent. I have to admit, that's very awesome of Mr. Robins

"If that's as far as it was going to go, I'm no Boggart, I'm not about to say that you're too young to have a good snog, but I want your promise that you're not going to try for more."

There was a long pause as Colin considered carefully, then he shook his head, refusing to look away even as he saw the flare of shocked disbelief on her father's face. "No, sir. I'm not going to promise that.""

Well now, that's real bold of Colin.

And goodness "I've been with a girl once before" noo I can't think of Colin like that! hahaha

""Then really, I can't stop you from the rest once you're back at school, I know perfectly well kids have been finding ways around the Charms regarding that for centuries. But I think there could be worse young wizards she could have wound up with. You're quite mature for your age, Mr. Creevey, all things considered.""

Mm, he's grown up quite a damn bit.

I love the Charms bit. Seriously, there HAS to be something like that on the school. I've always thought so (and forgive me if I've mentioned this in the past; I review enough things that my mind gets muddled sometimes)

That was real cute. I love that he got grounded; he's lucky he didn't get hexed for that :P

I'm very glad there was some normalcy there
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Another fanfic within a fanfic. I'm impressed. Keep writing.
WuHaoNi chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
It's keeping with the grimness of DAYD, but has a nice lighthearted feel to it. I love your Colin so much! Reading this makes me a little sad, knowing that he's going to die a few short months after this. Favoriting it, as usual.