Reviews for On the Wrong Side
Orange Autumn chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Oh, that's in my top three favorite SPN stories! I really loved this story; you did a great job! Can't say there's just one part I favored more than the rest. I loved it all. Thanks so much for sharing!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
You know the brothers so well.

I thought about the episode "Hunted" during the first part of this story. When Dean wanted Sam to stay, but his little brother left anyway.

I like how once again you don't portray the brothers weak or stupid, you do an excellent job of keeping them in character even when they are hurt or looking for a lost sibling.

Dean searching for Sam, following a blood trail, interviewing potential witnesses, figuring out what hunters have his little brother and getting to Sam before the hunter can kill him.

Sam has been shot and than drugged, but he continues to fight with his captives, eventually getting away and makes it to a phone to call Dean.

I liked Sam's memories about Dean.

You had some wonderful moments between the brothers after they were reunited.

Thanks for sharing another story with us.
Rat chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
OH! Injured, drugged, and cuffed Sam. My Favourite!
Visionairy chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Excellent story once again. I kept getting interrupted while I was trying to read it, and I finally got some time to myself to finish it. It was great! My favorite line this time was Dean's: Dean huffed in exasperation. “Dude, no more tearful confessions, okay? This isn’t you talking, it’s the drug.” He paused. “Oh, wait. It is you.” Dean snorted, cuffed Sam’s head very gently. “Let’s get you out of here, then you can blubber all you want.”

Thanks again for posting such quality work! :)
Kelcor chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Definitely a fave-fave! Truly loved this story from beginning to end! AWESOME job! :o)

Master Li chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Wow this feels so much like an actual episode! Awesome job, definitely made me both excited and anxious. I loved the brotherly love in this one, thickly present but yet not unbelieveable for their characters. You have such a talent for "believable brotherly love" if there is such a thing... :P Anyway this was an awesome read, can't wait to see what you write next! Wednesday can't come soon enough.
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Another awesome oneshot Katalin!

Oh man, I couldn't believe just how fast Sam got into trouble after leaving Dean when he found that email. It broke my heart to see him react the way he did to thinking Dean was scared of him.

I loved the fact that it was Sammy himself who was able to get away and call Dean for help. Loved the way that Dean handled both hunters that had went after Sam!
lili20 chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
This was way cool, it was like watching an episode, a really good episode and I loved every minute of it, seriously. I can't get enough of protective Dean and Sammy taking care of himself long enough for his brother to find him. Great story, thanks.
bally2cute chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Loved it! You did an excellent job setting the scene with Sam's captivity and subsequent escape. Aw, boys are stupid, but I love the Winchesters. Thank you for sharing!
Agent Five chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Written before Hunted and SO much better! My god, this one's amazing. SO good. And so very very poignant to read after the events of season 2 and 3 ...

I just adore the relationship between them here. An expansion of what we saw in season 1. I do hope the writers will have the guts to show this kind of brotherly partnership on screen some time. I mean, I know Dean is an established 'no sassy bits' character but those lines have been starting to crack of late. And you've really tapped into that - the unspoken words of season 1s storylines.

This story was just so awesome. From the physical touch to the intimate thoughts of the two brothers, it was honest and vulnerable. I just adored every moment. chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Awesome! You kinda pre-empted Kripke as you wrote this before Hunted and this would have sat just as well as an actual episode!

Sam opening that e-mail of Dean's from Jefferson, triggering his leaving only to be kidnapped totally out of the blue. Could see Dean feeling guilty about putting out feelers to the visions but nice you revealed at the end Sam had done so too so they would never know whose enquiry got out to the hunting world! I'm guessing maybe Dean's though with the words prophetic visions - prophetic dreams?

So lucky Dean came across the old man who still had his wits about him and remembered more and more with each prompt!

Loved how Sam, scared, alone, injured and drugged still had the strength of character to get the better of Simms and escape, making a beeline for a black car which initially reminded him of the impala! Something Dean also did when looking for Sam.

Great that he found a phone box when no one would help and that he managed to call Dean and he was on his way when Waltrout found him!

And you got perfectly how Sam was terrified that he was in a hospital and Dean would be asked to leave, something he couldn't cope with at that moment. And just so Dean how he reassured him and promised he would stay, but Sam still needed the physical, gripping Dean's hand just to make sure!

Love how you write the boys, you show the depth of emotion in Dean that he so often covers up with banter and snarky comments and the strength of Sam even when at his lowest ebb.
Ciya chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
This story is a cool alternative to Hunted. I would've liked to see this on the tv screen.
Klutzygirl33 chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Great story. Poor Sammy. He always ends up getting kidnapped.
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Wow. That was exhaustingly satisfying. For me, it started a little slow, i wasn't sure where you were taking it but then you kicked into high gear and kept going. It was so intense, so filled with emotion, that I have to say t took a little bit out of me. I had to take a break and then read more. One of your most descriptive, informative pieces by far. I love when you get into the psyche of the brothers and examine the mental aspect. It is so interesting to read. I forget that it is fiction because it makes such sense when you write it.

I love the flashback memories that Sam had, and the way they made him feel. It was almost as if you could see what they had done to him, how they affected him, and how they helped mold him into the man that he is today.

Great work :)
ukfan101 chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
ah back to the good old days of Dean and Sam, before the deal and the tension and secrets between the brothers that I think is going to be happening in Season 4. I really enjoyed it. I really liked that Dean at least in part got to get out some of the hurt he had when Sam left him for college something that the show never really got into that much.
66 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »