Reviews for The Language of Card Sharks
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
Oh I liked that a lot. Great read and I learned a bit about poker.

It's a good thing I read "Talk of Trophies" before reading this. I liked it when Casey was getting 'inside Derek's head' with all the reasoning.

Great one shot!

Poor Sam in trying to explain.
SusanMarieS chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
LOL, this was one really great one-shot. thank you oh so much for the effort put forth.
hushhushyou chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
.. I am utterly speechless.

Well actually not really. I LOVED THIS STORY! Okay so I was just looking through Life With Derek fanfiction and I came upon this story although it said this was a sequel to 'Talk of Trophies' so I decided I would read that one first so I could probably understand what was going on in this one. I already reviewed the 'Talk of Trophies' story and I mentioned how amazing it was! And like that story, this is just as amazing if not even more! I love your style of writing! I definitely like how you kept EVERYONE in character. Well everyone meaning Sam, Ralph, Casey, Derek lol. But still, some people can't manage that but you my dear, have no problem. I really liked Sam&Ralph in this story too :D! Especially the part where Ralph offered Casey pretzels, I could totally picture him doing that and it was just so funny and cute. And Sam explaining poker hah, priceless. I just loved every bit to this story. It was very funny, and definitely fit into the Romance/Humor genre. I mention this because a story might be in that genre but sometimes it lacks either or but you had both romance and humor and lots of it! Which I loved. And Casey with her 'I pass. Hah!' made me laugh so hard. The whole story did. Also, once again I liked the plot and concept. Derek and his view of life and comparing it to poker was plain awesomeness! He is just so smug and pompous but definitely cunning indeed and I liked that you showed that and in the best way possible. I liked Casey too. Sometimes people make her too ditzy or annoying but she was perfect with her over-analyzing, freaking out, and what not but not too exaggerated. Derek AND Casey were perfect in the story. I absolutely adored this story! I just about died reading the ending. Derek letting Casey think she won [that was actually sweet of him!] and then kissing her, catching her off gaurd and then showing her he won. Then how he did that, 'I must have missed' GOSH I died. Seriously lol. Oh another thing I wanted to mention [this review is getting ridiculously long and I apologize!] was that I liked that it wasn't rushed at all. Even if you warned it might have been, I thought the total opposite. Like you could've made the game shorter and then just went straight for the kill/kiss but you made it interesting by teaching Casey poker and her not really understanding and Derek letting them play multiple rounds and then letting their feelings and attraction show more and getting Casey to realize it all. It was just pure greatness and I applaud you :]. You have such talent! Once again, superb story.
argentenipinkini chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
ah, i loved it! it was a good continuation :]
x-aj-x chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
Ah this one was equally as amazing as one before it! These are so so cute!
Frogster chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
Oh, that was amazing. You're surely a gifted storyteller! Loved how you used "wattage" to describe Derek's smile. I could really picture that in my mind.

This story was so Crown Duel...except for the poker. Crown Duel's a book by Sherwood Smith. the two main characters bicker for three-fourths of the novel and then...well, you'll just have to find out. But I think since you love Dasey, you'll enjoy this book too. I know I did. :D

Fantastic job! Write something else soon!
tectrices chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
Oh, utterly adorable! I loved Sam trying to explain the game to Casey - she was so clueless it totally made me laugh. And the betting explanation from Derek - and then the final kiss? Ooh, love me some Dasey goodness. Great job! I really enjoyed this. :)
dainty character chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
Loved it! Am bad with Poker, but it wasn't hard to follow with this story.

Continue? LJ x
Oll chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
That was just awesome! I liked the "Talk of Trophies" very much and this sequel just made my day, seriously :D

Can't wait for more Dasey stories from you :)
True Love Lives Forever chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
Great story. I loved it. As for poker, quite frankly I have absolutely no idea about how the game is played. However, you did a really nice job at explaining it, so I could at least follow the basics of it. I loved how you tied everything in... poker and dating, all the interactions with tiny little details that really make this story great. BRAVO!
explanations chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
Omigod, aw!
Lanter chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
Fantastic, what a fun sequel. I really love your one-shots.
MaybeBaby27 chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
AH! I love it! It's been a while since a Dasey story has left me with that fluttery giddy feeling and you definitely brought it back!

So amazing.
D R O W N-I N-S E Q U I N S chapter 1 . 8/17/2008

I LOVE this. I'm serious. This was just plain AMAZING!
maggierose17 chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
You really are a whiz with the analogies, lol. Great story!