Reviews for Poké Wars: The Subsistence
someguy chapter 6 . 4/13
You only needed to do one thing to make the OOC moments work. Not make Ash and his group the main characters. It could easily have been an OC. There are more trainers in the world than Ash and all his pals. I have not looked at all things poke wars. So if it generally DOES focus on Ash then side stories featuring how other characters are taking it is ok.

Too many stories focus on Ash... There are other characters too.
LightningXDash-02 chapter 1 . 3/12
Loved it. Dawn is very cute
There's not much to say..

but can't wait to read next one
Anonymous chapter 1 . 1/14
Well... since you're keeping this here... I was wondering... would you maybe consider reposting the old version of the Johto arc? I really enjoyed reading that version and I was sad when it just up and disappeared.

Thanks in advance and keep writing! I've been reading your works for over five years and I will continue reading until they're complete (or unil you quit/die/permanently incapacitated).
Kingdom Infinity chapter 23 . 1/13
Vinylshadow chapter 11 . 1/9
Oh, yeah, Ho-Oh's doing just fine, I'm sure...

Very interesting premise and certainly worth reading fully
Reika-Hell-Flower chapter 23 . 1/3
Yay Lt. Surge is still alive! 8'D No wonder, that man's been to war, what's going on is no different really. Makes me wonder how the other Gym Leaders are doing.

I suppose AJ redeemed himself a bit. A bit. I just hope they don't run into that giant Dragonite ever again.

Just as I suspected, Samurai really is turning into something like a vampire... he can see in the dark just like Golbats and Zubats can, via sound... Hopefully he won't start trying to drink blood from his friends, because that would suck.

Well, this is an AMAZING FanFic. It's wonderfully written, the characters are portrayed really well, some acting differently than from the Anime for obvious reasons - after all, someone's personality changes according to the things they goes through during their lives - and, of course, the battle scenes are desribed perfectly. I'll be reading the rest of your Poke Wars stories, for sure :)
Reika-Hell-Flower chapter 22 . 1/3
Holy shit poor Melanie... Was she killed by the abandoned Pokemon she took care of? If so, that is messed up.

And AJ, the hell was that? They were leaving, and if Ash's Kingler said they wouldn't attack anyone, then they wouldn't. His attitude is too extreme; there might be wild Pokemon out there that actually don't want to hurt humans. Maybe his attitude will change in time, maybe it won't.

Yeah I kind of expected Bill to be dead, considering everything that has happened... that giant Dragonite is not something you want to lure towards you, and that's WITH the dampeners.
Reika-Hell-Flower chapter 21 . 1/3
Oh. It's AJ. Meh. Never really thought much of him, but he's even more of a jerk now. I mean, I like how chill he is about what's going on, because the others freak out enough as it is, but he could hold back on the smug-ass comments.

I feel sorry for that guy who never made it inside the school... but it's so weird, if he died before the dampeners were removed, how come his corpse stayed there? The others didn't even care that he died or they didn't know about it? I don't know which of the options is darker.

And Marowak skull. That would be Giselle's Cubone, which evolved on the meantime and died. Makes you wonder what happened to Giselle and the other students.
Reika-Hell-Flower chapter 20 . 1/3
D'aww Turtwig was accepted by the other Pokemon :3

*long sigh of relief* Ahh Samurai's still alive... thank god for Happiny conveniently evolving in time to save him...
Though there is obviously something wrong... did he get like... some Golbat DNA when his blood went back to him after the Golbat that bit him died? Is he going to turn into some sort of vampire? Dunno if that would be a good thing or not... so as long as he doesn't sparkle
Reika-Hell-Flower chapter 19 . 1/3
Lol Snorlax xD I don't know why I thought it was hilarious that Snorlax was asleep through most of the Golbat's attack. And they thought he was being all badass showing off his strength - unbeknownst to them he was actually snoozing the whole time.

OH HALE NO Samurai better not die! He's the most badass human in the group, he can't die!
Reika-Hell-Flower chapter 18 . 1/3
... Tease Shipping Sequence. Activate.

I am not ashamed to admit I am Team Misty. Sorry, Dawn. Though her inner turmoil of whether or not she should try and kiss him was hilarious. All that with the Pokemon staring at her like "What is she waiting for? Get on with it already."

Ah the return of the intense battle scenes. I missed thy beautiful descriptions...

Tracy's plan was really complicated, but at least it worked. Mostly. Those stupid Golbat are still alive...
Reika-Hell-Flower chapter 17 . 1/3
Between three hundered. And five hundred. -_- Of course.
Compared to that, one hundred and twenty eight fearows is child's play, what the hell.
Reika-Hell-Flower chapter 16 . 1/3
Great. First Ariados, then Beedrill, and now Golbat... Can't really tell which of them is worse.

Are Misty's sisters really dead? I never really liked them, but still they didn't deserve to die like that. Poor Misty, she has no family left now... just like Ash.

Wait, if all cruises are probably being taken out by water Pokemon like the ship Ash and his group was in, does that mean that the ship that went to save Dawn's mother suffered the same fate...?
Reika-Hell-Flower chapter 15 . 1/3
Ah it's a good thing the Pidgeot will be staying in the Viridian Forest and will protect Brock's family, that's reassuring.

It was obvious Brock was going to join them in the end, why wouldn't he? Now he knows his family is okay, and there's a powerful group of Pokemon protecting them. Honestly, his family is way safer than he and the rest of the group is.

D'aw they didn't check on Seymour, is he okay? I can't imagine Clefairies being violent, but I guess we never know with the dampeneres being removed...
Reika-Hell-Flower chapter 14 . 1/3
Ah these two lines...
"Did I mention I was alive?"
"Ya jus got promoted ta Admiral Obvious."

And thank Arceus Brock's family is alive and well... Some happiness in the middle of this otherwise dark and tragic story...

A more calm chapter following an action-filled predecessor, but still perfectly written, as usual.