Reviews for Marked
Witherwings01 chapter 2 . 3/8/2012
I've been looking forward to reading this all week and it didn't disappoint. I really enjoyed your in narrative character development with Harry coming to realise that the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth (in one hit) perhaps wouldn't have made things any easier for him had Dumbledore done the same. I also liked the fact that they both had to hold the orb for the prophecy (their combined destiny as I suppose it now is) could be heard.

But what happened to the other Harry? I feel answers await me in chapter two - expect more useless prattle from me in about ten minutes (coz I love to clog up peoples mailboxes!)
kyoshi711hotmail.com chapter 19 . 1/25/2012
The fight scene was awful. Harry falls on her. Like what kind of training did they have that she just takes away his cloak. What was Harry doing smoking a joint?
SMJJAZ chapter 23 . 1/1/2012
Great story, but the ending left me a little flat. Not the horcrux part of it, though I am not a big fan of that Deus Ex Machina, but that Harry had to recant of his feelings in killing Snape. Sorry, but you're trying to kill me, destroy my mother and return a megalomaniacal despot to power? Harry did what needed to be done; put dear Snivellus in the ground and not shed a tear or lose a moments sleep.
Itachi's apprentice chapter 23 . 10/29/2011
Great work.
03DC chapter 23 . 10/2/2011
I really like the way this story was written, it did feel like it was dragging on a bit sometimes, but I liked the flow overall. I had trouble with the two harrys and how the other was just sent off, because it didn't make sense to me with the other harry being of an earlier time and how it didn't affect the harry that stayed, but other than that it was good.
s m Neal chapter 23 . 8/11/2011
it had to be done and this was wonderful
Drifter950 chapter 23 . 7/7/2011
A nice story ... a GOOD story. Thank you writing something we all can enjoy.

The end problem is what really gave your characters humanity.

I look forward to seeing what else you post.

May the MUSE always be with you!

~.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 8 . 4/9/2011
It looks to me like you've created an invalid time turner loop. A proper time turner loop should resolve with a single loop-back event that causes one half of the time traveler character to turn back to the past, and the other half to go forward from that same reality with the memories of having lived through both halves of a single unified past.

You've used it to create an impossible alternate reality where a character has split himself and cannot live both halves of the past as a single character any more. Killing off one half of the character still does not create a valid time line with a valid time traveler character, because the half that remains has the wrong past and the resulting wrong memories.

Indeed, without a valid past, this Harry should cease to exist as soon as you sent the other one through the veil. They are, after all, only a single character, and you've already had this Harry respond unfavorably to erroneous medical treatment given to the other Harry, demonstrating that this Harry's life properly depends upon the continued existence of his past self, even though he has no memory of having lived it. This Harry is now alien to the current reality.

This is really bad because you've violated the major premise of your story and disconnected your major character from the reality of the plot after confirming the direction that plot was supposed to take. You've killed Harry and let an alien have sex with Hermione.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 3 . 4/8/2011
I find it more than a bit implausible that Lily would have such a hard time adjusting to a second Harry when Hermione didn't. For a loving mother this should be like recovering a long-lost twin, not supplanting one son for another. Since both Harrys hate Snape with a passion, there is little continuity problem, and a mother-son relationship is not nearly as dependent upon the history of the relationship as romantic love is. But Lily is right to question Hermione on her quick switching of one son for the other.
Binka Fudge chapter 23 . 2/18/2011
Another excellent story. Having said that, I really didn't like the ending. Don't get me wrong, it's brilliantly written and very well thought out, but the thought of being brought back by means of a horcrux makes me feel physically ill. I've a feeling that Harry is never going to be allowed to forget what he did to Snape, because that is essentialy the reason why he is now alive. Perhaps that is for the best, his punishment for not acknowledging what he did and dealing with it at the time, but it's never going to sit right with me, regardless. On a brighter not, I enjoyed the characters greatly. It was great to see Tonks back to her usual self, at least on the surface. And the relationship between Ron and Hermione was endearing in a way, like little brother big sister, not to mention absolutely hilarious at times. I think I laughed most during the breakfast the day after Hermione's birthsday, when the boys were asking Harry about his Quidditch practice, very well done.
1529 chapter 23 . 1/15/2011
A very good story. I tend to like my happy endings a little more happy than this, maybe something a bit more positive, with the two of them living happily ever after, but a very good story all the same.
H Harmon chapter 15 . 1/11/2011
Harry has never been so self-deprecating. He might be a realest but thinking about Hermione, his mom, and his sister are what is supposed give him a reason to live and survive the fight. Surly Hermione or Dumbledore would have reminded him. If he is convinced he will lose then he will. You have him giving up! Why?
WhiteElfElder chapter 23 . 12/25/2010
Not a bad story. The horcrux for Harry was startling. I think the idea of Harry and Hermione coming back together so easy is a little off, but it works for the story. The real challenge will still be Harry being around everyone...especially Lavendar.
WhiteElfElder chapter 9 . 12/24/2010
So, Draco was given the Key, and now he knows the secret of Harry and Neville...looks like a cluster is abour to go down badly.
Sardonic Irony chapter 23 . 9/15/2010
As i said in my review of the prequel, this is a very well written gripping fic so well done.
216 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »