Reviews for Marked
H Harmon chapter 15 . 1/11/2011
Harry has never been so self-deprecating. He might be a realest but thinking about Hermione, his mom, and his sister are what is supposed give him a reason to live and survive the fight. Surly Hermione or Dumbledore would have reminded him. If he is convinced he will lose then he will. You have him giving up! Why?
WhiteElfElder chapter 23 . 12/25/2010
Not a bad story. The horcrux for Harry was startling. I think the idea of Harry and Hermione coming back together so easy is a little off, but it works for the story. The real challenge will still be Harry being around everyone...especially Lavendar.
WhiteElfElder chapter 9 . 12/24/2010
So, Draco was given the Key, and now he knows the secret of Harry and Neville...looks like a cluster is abour to go down badly.
Sardonic Irony chapter 23 . 9/15/2010
As i said in my review of the prequel, this is a very well written gripping fic so well done.
DragonDamsel chapter 23 . 12/27/2009
Both "Free Will and Fate" and "Marked" are good stories really, but as you have, without a doubt, heard before the whole sending off the other Harry to an alternate universe don't work really well. It's pretty much the only thing that detract from the realism of the stories. It would have been better to kill him off. I know there that's whole 'if one Harry dies, the other dies too' thing, but instead of finding the cure for the disease, Harry and Hermione could find something that would allow one Harry to live while the other die. That way, you'll be rid of the other Harry without having to change things that would affect the main story.

Other than that I, for one, like everything else about the story really. Something could be frustrating, but it's reasonable so it's okay. I really like Harry's reaction to being resurrected and how it's resolve at the end. After all those deep seated freak issue that's Harry has is not going to just disappear, even if Hermione doesn't know about it.

Your portrayal of Ron here is also superb. It break my heart really. I never really thought much of Ron as a character before, but after reading this story I realize that J.K. Rowling must really hate Ron. I never realize that there could be more to Ron than a disloyal, immature prat. While, Jo like to say that she sympatize and pity Ron and all that rot, but this story made it pretty clear to me that Jo must not really like Ron to treat him so badly. It's almost like she never let Ron be his own character. It's like Jo has made a list of attributes based on her past self*, slap a petty label on top of the list and never allow Ron to grow beyond that.

* I found some quotes of Jo that pretty much said that she felt more sorry for Ron, her past self, more than Harry, her present self.
Candra Jade chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
Hi,

I'm just stopping by to tell you that your stories "Free Will and Fate" and "Marked" have been recommended at Portkey by one of your fans.

talk. ?showforum28
austin-flare-potter chapter 23 . 11/16/2009
hi i have read all ur H/Hr stories i really like the way u built the plot in fact ur as good as JKR was [not as delusional though!] keep writing bye
Afterburn Tango chapter 23 . 10/29/2009
Okay. First off, it has to be said. I'm sorry. Why am I sorry? Because this story is so damned good it deserved a review of every chapter, both in 'Free Will and Fate' and in this astounding sequel. It deserved reviews that were positively overflowing with praise for your ability to put something this amazing together. I am, however, incredibly lazy, and I almost never give anyone anything near the amount of credit they deserve. Instead, I always wait until the last current chapter to post my review. So, for not giving that praise you and your story so richly deserve, I apologize.

From the very beginning I have been gripped by this story. It is a powerful thing that left me constantly dreading what would follow and practically bouncing in my chair with excitement as events came together. I have laughed outright, loud enough to wake my girlfriend at 3 in the morning on the other side of the apartment. She's not happy with that, by the way. I have come about as close to crying as any example of prideful masculinity can. I was even late for work this morning because I didn't go to bed until the previously mentioned laughing fit caused an irate girlfriend to drag me to sleep.

I was overjoyed to come across this story, because I'm an avid fan of HP fan fiction. Not necessarily HP itself, though I definitely started out that way. There are simply so many plot holes, however necessary for the storyline as a whole, that it bothers me to read it at times. My opinions of cannon aside, I was happy to find this story because I have been growing more and more restless with the general stories that have been published of late, and it is incredibly refreshing to stumble upon a new idea.

I have certainly read other fics where Harry had a time turner incident in the DoM, and quite a few where Harry goes back to change something about the course of history as far as the night his parents died is concerned. Most of them though, are content to follow the outline of cannon because coming up with an original story is extremely hard. I know I've tried it enough times.

I have truly never come across a story like this in the HP fanfic universe, and for the grin I've had on my face since I started reading, I sincerely thank you. I look forward to reading more of your work in the future!

Tango.
ThatOneGuy92 chapter 23 . 10/6/2009
Great story! An intriguing and an amazing sequel to your other awesome story. If you got a dime everytime I had complimented this story as I was reading it, you'd be a very, very rich person.

Keep up the good work!

-ThatOneGuy92
Raven3182 chapter 23 . 9/5/2009
This is an excellent story. You are a terrific writer. I especially enjoyed the way you wrote your characters, they are all unique and excellently fleshed-out. Good job. The story itself certainly raises a lot of moral questions, especially the last few chapters, and I'm not really sure what to make of it in that sense. There's just a bit too much of the ends justifying the means for me to accpet their actions. It's that type of ethical approach to life to leads to dark lords. I think there is a long way for them to go before they reach redemption, but hopefully they will get there. Anyways, great story and great writing; I was glued to the computer reading this for the past two days. Thank you!
diablo2nd chapter 23 . 8/27/2009
Firstly let me say sorry i havent reviewed every chapter, i find it really hard to review stories and so usually dont. I have read this story and the first in the series, And have thouroly enjoyed them. I am a little disapointed in the ending chapter though, it seems to just stop. I will admit that after not talking for over a month it should have taken more than a few mins to make up.

But all in all this is a great story, and the structure and story line is very enjoyable, particulary how you tend to have cliff hangeres possibly without out even intending to, just enough to keep reading.

Well i cant get everything in my head into words so i hope this dosnt sound too bad but great job on the story.
Amisara chapter 23 . 8/17/2009
i was right with you until harry came back from the dead. really don't think that was a good decision but good story anyway. really well written.
Rosiline chapter 23 . 7/5/2009
Wow,

a trully great story!
Siriusmunchkin chapter 23 . 6/14/2009
Good fantasy adventure
Siriusmunchkin chapter 7 . 6/12/2009
I have read your profile. Everyone has their own interpretation of a book or story, and is entitled to that interpretation. That is why I pretend I have never heard of a Harry Potter series when I read your stories.

I enjoy the way you write. Your characters are real in their own right. They do not resemble, nor should they resemble characters from any other book or story.

The intrigue in this story is interesting, the romance I skim over or ignore.
220 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »