Reviews for Marked
Afterburn Tango chapter 23 . 10/29/2009
Okay. First off, it has to be said. I'm sorry. Why am I sorry? Because this story is so damned good it deserved a review of every chapter, both in 'Free Will and Fate' and in this astounding sequel. It deserved reviews that were positively overflowing with praise for your ability to put something this amazing together. I am, however, incredibly lazy, and I almost never give anyone anything near the amount of credit they deserve. Instead, I always wait until the last current chapter to post my review. So, for not giving that praise you and your story so richly deserve, I apologize.

From the very beginning I have been gripped by this story. It is a powerful thing that left me constantly dreading what would follow and practically bouncing in my chair with excitement as events came together. I have laughed outright, loud enough to wake my girlfriend at 3 in the morning on the other side of the apartment. She's not happy with that, by the way. I have come about as close to crying as any example of prideful masculinity can. I was even late for work this morning because I didn't go to bed until the previously mentioned laughing fit caused an irate girlfriend to drag me to sleep.

I was overjoyed to come across this story, because I'm an avid fan of HP fan fiction. Not necessarily HP itself, though I definitely started out that way. There are simply so many plot holes, however necessary for the storyline as a whole, that it bothers me to read it at times. My opinions of cannon aside, I was happy to find this story because I have been growing more and more restless with the general stories that have been published of late, and it is incredibly refreshing to stumble upon a new idea.

I have certainly read other fics where Harry had a time turner incident in the DoM, and quite a few where Harry goes back to change something about the course of history as far as the night his parents died is concerned. Most of them though, are content to follow the outline of cannon because coming up with an original story is extremely hard. I know I've tried it enough times.

I have truly never come across a story like this in the HP fanfic universe, and for the grin I've had on my face since I started reading, I sincerely thank you. I look forward to reading more of your work in the future!

Tango.
ThatOneGuy92 chapter 23 . 10/6/2009
Great story! An intriguing and an amazing sequel to your other awesome story. If you got a dime everytime I had complimented this story as I was reading it, you'd be a very, very rich person.

Keep up the good work!

-ThatOneGuy92
Raven3182 chapter 23 . 9/5/2009
This is an excellent story. You are a terrific writer. I especially enjoyed the way you wrote your characters, they are all unique and excellently fleshed-out. Good job. The story itself certainly raises a lot of moral questions, especially the last few chapters, and I'm not really sure what to make of it in that sense. There's just a bit too much of the ends justifying the means for me to accpet their actions. It's that type of ethical approach to life to leads to dark lords. I think there is a long way for them to go before they reach redemption, but hopefully they will get there. Anyways, great story and great writing; I was glued to the computer reading this for the past two days. Thank you!
diablo2nd chapter 23 . 8/27/2009
Firstly let me say sorry i havent reviewed every chapter, i find it really hard to review stories and so usually dont. I have read this story and the first in the series, And have thouroly enjoyed them. I am a little disapointed in the ending chapter though, it seems to just stop. I will admit that after not talking for over a month it should have taken more than a few mins to make up.

But all in all this is a great story, and the structure and story line is very enjoyable, particulary how you tend to have cliff hangeres possibly without out even intending to, just enough to keep reading.

Well i cant get everything in my head into words so i hope this dosnt sound too bad but great job on the story.
Amisara chapter 23 . 8/17/2009
i was right with you until harry came back from the dead. really don't think that was a good decision but good story anyway. really well written.
Rosiline chapter 23 . 7/5/2009
Wow,

a trully great story!
Siriusmunchkin chapter 23 . 6/14/2009
Good fantasy adventure
Siriusmunchkin chapter 7 . 6/12/2009
I have read your profile. Everyone has their own interpretation of a book or story, and is entitled to that interpretation. That is why I pretend I have never heard of a Harry Potter series when I read your stories.

I enjoy the way you write. Your characters are real in their own right. They do not resemble, nor should they resemble characters from any other book or story.

The intrigue in this story is interesting, the romance I skim over or ignore.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 4 . 6/11/2009
This is turning into a more intriguing story than I imagined. It's going to be very interesting to see how the Draco thing works out considering Draco isn't yet aware there are two Harry's. What'll happen to the Harry that grew up in this reality. What might happend between Harry and Hermione in this reality. Where Sirius might fit in. Whether or not the Time Travel Harry stays or goes and under what circumstances. What's going to happen with Neville. How much will he actually be told, will he and the TT Harry defeat Voldy and then TT Harry will go back? I will be reading on to discover the answers.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 2 . 6/11/2009
I reread the last few chapters of Free Will and Fate and decided to give that and this another chance. I know we disagree greatly on the relationships in JKR's books and how they were formed and why Harry would voluntarily stay in this reality instead of going back to his other life. I was reading your views in the section before your stories begin, and can see why you think as you do, I just look at it from a different point of view.

I definitely believe there was a close friendship and the beginnings of a more serious relationship between Harry and Ginny even though it wasn't spelled out in the books. The time he spent at the Burrow and the time they spent together at Grimmauld Place was more than hinted at in the books. I'm looking at this from a non-romance book view. I have read quite a few romance novels but prefer mystery, action/adventure type books with romance as a byproduct. The romance is hinted at or you read between the lines and figure out what's going on. That is how I view JKR's books and why I've always believed it would be Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione from the beginning.

I like your stories and am going to finish Marked and try a few of the others. You write well, your characters are believeable, and it's your universe not mine.
Jimbocous chapter 23 . 5/27/2009
Fascinating pair of stories, very well written. seems to me the biggest problem you had to deal with in writing this was how to deal with the original Harry, and that is the one part of the story that is weakest, imho. The whole Lily agreeing for him to go through the veil thing just didn't fly for me, as it wasn't credible that she would agree to that. At that point, I was believing that Dumbles had engineered that just to make sure he had the right Harry, and I really thought that was how it would turn out. Otherwise, the device fizzled. Can't say how I would have handled it better, though. The Harry Horcrux thing, on the other hand, was brillaint, though I felt the epilogue was a little rushed.

All in all a wonderful AU, and definitely worth the read. Looking forward to your other stuff, and, again, thanks!
verity candor chapter 23 . 5/22/2009
Aw... what a great ending! Nicely, nicley, nicely done.
respitechristopher chapter 23 . 5/20/2009
Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

This may have been the single best scene of this rather extraordinary diptych. No easy answers, no easy blame, easy resolution, and it's certainly not easy to say "Gee, it all worked out in the end, didn't it?"

Of course I love that Harry and Hermione were working on getting things back together between them by the end, but this moral ambiguity stuff is just gripping, really.

I'd tell you how spectacular this is, but I've said that a hundred times, and I'm still not sure the message has gotten through. Congratulations on finishing and congratulations on writing a seminal piece of Harmony fanfiction. Brava.
alex chapter 23 . 5/3/2009
Overall a good story, but the entire thing with Snape is utterly ridiculous and detracts from the rest of the story. What he did to Snape was not some kind of evil horrendous act any more than a soldier shooting his enemy is. I just don't buy it at all. Harry burned Quirrell to death as an 11 year old. Apparently that's A-OK, though.

I can go along with Snape's death creating a Horcrux if you want to stretch it that way. What I can't follow with is the author's clear suggestion that Harry ought to feel bad about Snape's well deserved demise.
DualX chapter 23 . 5/3/2009
I have not read an ending like this in a while... such an open one... Making it open for a 2nd books you could say...

The story been intresting, but it could have been more drama and suspense about the new body thing.

While there a where a few things that i feel lacked, it worked out... Its just that the ending did not really close the story up
213 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »