Reviews for Return
Megan chapter 7 . 3/12/2009
Ooh! Yay! I love that Joey ended up with a Megan. :) Joey's my fave.

This was well written. I could hear each of the characters in my head when they were talking. Nicely done. Entertaining, and just the right length ... not too long, not too short!
Jameeka Williams chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
I love to watch friends on WB is a very good show
Exintaris chapter 7 . 11/7/2008
Nice ending, and I liked the explanantion about modelling, also the gag about Gina! Only too likely, given her character in Joey the show.

Valerie Bertinelli means nothing to me offhand, but I'll look her up on IMDB.
Exintaris chapter 6 . 11/5/2008
M'm, Monica in shocking pink - not sure about that! Still, not a bad description of the wedding. (compl*e*mented, by the way; to compliment is to say something nice about, to complement is to fill out, complete an effect)

Joey might well feel like that. Do you have anyone in mind for the actress who plays Megan Cook?
exintaris chapter 5 . 11/1/2008
Mason? What happened to good old-fashioned names like Bill or Sam or George or even Sue? Fanfic writers do come up with what I would consider unusual names for Friends children. Still, Ross wanted Darwin ...

Everything's turning out nice for everyone.
Exintaris chapter 4 . 9/16/2008
Aw! Good for Ross. But wouldn't the coffee be a bit hot for fishing around in? Just a niggle.

I liked the stuff about the painting - a really nice touch.
Donna-Marie chapter 4 . 9/16/2008
Being a huge R&R fan, needless to say this is my favorite chapter! Great job. I liked the "We'll just blame it on Ross - they love him." Very reminiscent of the show. I loved it. But definitely loved the proposal part, especially since it was in Central Perk. Good job, looking forward to the remaining chapters!
Exintaris chapter 3 . 8/30/2008
You wait till you're approaching 40, or 30 even, and tell me then that age doesn't matter! Approaching these milestones matters a lot to a lot of people (not everyone), and clearly it *is* mattering to Joey - finally he is getting dissatisfied with his lifestyle, which is the kind of thing you do as you grow older. You think about things more, and you have a different attitude to them; see TO Where They're Gonna PARTY, which is set even before they're thirty.

(A few signposts is all you need to work out their rough ages, e.g. Monica and Rachel are at least a year younger than Ross and Chandler, who are contemporaries at college, but not much more. Phoebe, being a year older than she thought, is probably the oldest. Joey should be among the youngest, but if you follow 7,14 he's older than Rachel, who is 30 then).

I find it hard to think of Ross praising the 'bachelor' way of life, actually; his heart was never really in it, I feel, and he certainly never got to sleep with as many girls as he wanted! Only the Joeys of this world do, and even they can get turned down. I'd say, men think this is the life they want, but sooner or later they get bored with it, and, of course, the older they get the more pathetic they may seem, trying to cling on to their youth (unless they're George Clooney). See The Wedding Crashers. Sooner or later you have to grow up, and it is heartening that Joey is showing signs of finally doing so; they have been there before, e.g. in his relationship with Rachel, but the writers never took it anywhere.
JoeyRachel4eva chapter 2 . 8/22/2008
Aww, This is so good! it has a great plot.

I find it really cute how everyone reacts to Joey when he comes back! :)

Great job! Update soon!

Oh, Phoebe's 3 years older than Joey, actually. I know.. I hard tot believe, lol.

He's 42 and she's 45. And I think Ben is 14, because he was born in 1994, and I was born in 1995 and I'm 13, so.. yea haha. I hoped I helped!

This is just great! Updates as soon as possible.
Exintaris chapter 2 . 8/21/2008
If Joey's only been away three years, he's unlikely to be 40 yet. Rachel, presented there as the youngest, turned 30 in 7,14 (though there's a problem there, as she was already 28 in late Season 4!), so will now be 36 or near it. Phoebe might be verging on 40, since she's a year older than she thought anyway, but at most she's going to be 3 years older than Rachel, I would think, and probably not as much, and Joey is likely to be younger than her - her attitude to him is so often that of an elder sister.

Never mind, the story is developing well otherwise.
Exintaris chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
(I should be logged in automatically, but for some reason the system hasn't worked). This was a good start. The idea of Joey returning is being used by others, but this is much more firmly in the framework of the Friends-Joey [yes, it wasn't too good, was it?] universe. Joey modelling? Well, why not?

Saks, not Sak's, and dragged is more correct English than drug (though I know this is colloquial American in some areas), though in other cases the 'strong' version of the past tense(e.g. shone, thrust) is better, though being increasingly ignored (for shined, thrusted), as I've noticed.
dmtennis1 chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Sounds like the beginning of a very good story. I like how you started with Joey coming back. A lot of stories have him already back and in an apartment getting settled in, but you're taking it to another level which I'm looking forward to reading! Thanks.