Reviews for Settling Up
Mrs. Marple Poirot chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
I love this fic!
Willofthewisp chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
"Jack was seldom as well-to-live as he encouraged one to assume." How true. Also the description of his voice as rough velvet was spot-on.

“What do you want?” Oh Liz, choose wisely. Jack wouldn't ask this to just anyone... Hopefully she'll lose. Did I mention how hilarious it is that they're betting on crab races of all things? Things must be pretty quiet on the sea at the moment.

Ha ha, Jack is waiting her out, making her paranoid. That's awesome. He's such a mastermind.

"He’s held her before, held her life in his hands more than once, but as his arms slip about her now it feels as though it’s for the first time, something new and raw, for all its ease. A faint scent of French soap overlays his more familiar rum and musty salt, and – she can’t deny it - he’s still the handsomest man she’s ever seen, even taking her dearest Will into account. But it’s Jack’s leer, lascivious yet somehow adorable, and the very real warmth in his eyes that make her heart swell." Oh my. This just left me breathless. This is so descriptive and so easy to imagine. It appeals to all the senses and I am already hot under the collar!

Aw, and he's going to take her with him after she's had the baby. Perfect ending.
JustAnotherAuthorDurping chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Great fic. :D I think I read this on your LJ before. xD I love the whole bet and consequences. :3

Liz
Badr chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
Oh, wow-it had never occurred to me, before I read this, that everyone who kisses Elizabeth dies. Brilliant observation!
Nytd chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
This was a lovely little encounter between Jack and Elizabeth. Well written and very nice characterizations of both of them.

Love that Jack (scoundrel that he is) offers to pass along a kiss to Will for her if he see him. :)

Nicely done!

Cheers!

Nytd
Sophies-Welt chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
That was so nice! Loved it!