Reviews for Spare the rod, spoil the child
gidgetgal9 chapter 3 . 10/25/2008
Wow, poor Sam! The widow had him second guessing his relationship with his dad! Then she wants to take Sam away from his family? Poor baby! To top it off she pulls him and herself down the stairs! Can't wait to read how this plays out! :0)
gidgetgal9 chapter 2 . 10/25/2008
I'm playing catch up! My life has been hectic and this story has been on my must catch up and read it list! This chapter was great and the old lady is really creeping me out! Can't wait to read more! :0) Gidget
astalder27 chapter 4 . 10/9/2008
I love it! Thankgod Sam is away from Bernadette! I hope Dean's ok!
skag trendy chapter 4 . 10/7/2008
Poor young, resourceful little Sam. Love him! And enter Uncle Bobby to make him feel better about it all.

But what about Dean? Is he going to be ok?

Nice one mate.

Kind regards,

supernaturaldh chapter 4 . 10/5/2008
Great story, can't wait until Dean finds out what that old battleaxe did to 'his Sammy'.
IheartSam7 chapter 4 . 10/5/2008
omg that was pure bliss. Awesome freaking chapter. I loved it. I loved Sam, being so brave, and escaping. It was so emotional. I could feel his every ounce of fear and desperation. I LOVE Bobby. I love the way you write him. I love this story, and I am so pumped for more! AWESOME AWESOME job!
vonnie836 chapter 4 . 10/5/2008
Wow, that was a switcheroo on Mrs. Doyle's part. I actually felt sorry for her. I'm glad Sam got out though and is at Bobbies now. I wonder about his head though, is he going to be alright with that? I hope John will get Dean back safely and they can get back to Sam soon. Well, as soon as they find out where he is. Hope RL will leave you time to write, but I will stick with you, no matter what. Hugs, Vonnie
lelann37 chapter 4 . 10/5/2008
loving this story! very interesting and i can't wait to see what happens, thanks!
Ihni chapter 4 . 10/5/2008
Ah, it feels so good that Sam's over at Bobby's now. It feels all warm and safe ... something I'm not used to feeling when reading your stories :P It's nice to have a ... respite? Is that the word?

And I sure hope that mrs Doyle has given up on Sam. Better for everyone, that way.

And yayness for Bobby! He's always welcome in a story.
Colby's girl chapter 4 . 10/5/2008
I love this story!

I'm so glad little Sammy is no longer in the clutches of that crazy old woman. Is his health going to add to the angst factor later on...I mean he did also fall down the stair and out cold for a long time. You know that would just amp up the guilt factor in his dad and brother..;)

Seriously though, I think you've got a great story going on and I can't wait for the next chapter. Good on ya!
lunapia chapter 4 . 10/5/2008
thks for the update, great chapter, and it wasgreat that sam was able to get to bobby in the same chapter so you didnt left us in the dark. so god that he is with bobby now
carocali chapter 4 . 10/5/2008
Oh! Love the little changes you made! Nice work!

Poor Sam! He's really stuck between a rock and a hard place, not knowing if he should stay with Mrs. Doyle or run like hell. Well, the boy is a hunter, so he chooses the latter, but he makes the right calls to make sure that she's alright. Child Services IS the YED at this point in the series, so he made the right choice. I can't wait to see what he said/did to the little old man in order to get on that bus! Such a smart boy!

And Dean has been sucked down the tunnel by the crazy headless killer. I love what a trooper he's been on his first hunt - freezing his a$$ off - but now he may pay the price. Will John be able to find him in time?

The tension is building but at least now Sam is safe, right? Right? The happy family will be reunited and John will find a way to blame Sam for Bernie's injuries... not looking forward to that.

More please! This is fascinating!

Star Mage1 chapter 4 . 10/5/2008
I am glad to see Sam at Bobby's. You did great with Bobby's reaction.
Von chapter 4 . 10/5/2008
FANTASTIC chapter! When I realised Sam was going to bolt, I cheered. Then I felt kinda sad that he wouldn't actually *get* anywhere until a few chapters away. But already at Bobby's? SWEET!

Some things confused me.

"Bobby rubbed at his whiskers" Isn't he supposed to still be pointing a shotgun at Sam?

'“Cincinnati?” growled Bobby in disbelief. “You yanking my chain, cos’ I ain’t finding this funny, kid.”

When Sam looked up without a hint of guile, Bobby’s face blanched on realising how close he had come to hurting John’s youngest.'

I didn't understand why Sam's family being elsewhere was suddenly making the idea that he'd aimed a shotgun at him so much more horrifying..

And finally (but more mildly) :D Why didn't Bobby suspect posession? Sam appearing, all by himself, no family in tow? The FIRST suspicion should have been possession. :D

I can only assume Bobby had him walk under the Devil's trap in his house and saw that it didn't affect Sam. :D

AWESOME chapter, nice and big and HUGELY fun to read. THANK YOU!
TraSan chapter 4 . 10/5/2008
Awesome - as usual!

It was nice to see, that sobered up, Bernadette at least knew or understood what had happened...sort of. That Sam wasn't to blame for her falling down the stairs and she was still trying to protect him.

Glad Sammy made it safely to Bobby's because that really could have been an issue. Phew.

But, Dean is now taken by that thing! And he was right. Sammy expects them back without anything missing. :)

Excellent update.