Reviews for Cheerleader Reunion
Aphrael-08 chapter 3 . 8/2/2013
This is probably my favourite story in the Best Enemies Universe. I don't know why. I don't even like Kim Possible as a show.

You did a really great job with this universe. I stumbled upon your writing in a search of the site (I don't remember how) and read the whole thing despite being only vaguely familiar with the show and disliking it in general. You made me like this despite myself.

Great job, keep writing!
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 3 . 5/21/2010
I find myself short with what to say here, but I really liked this story. For one time Tara feels rather protagonistic (I really liked how she was refered to as an angel in the tittle), Bonnie's also had a lot of role, and Linda was particularly interesting, and not just for her sexuality. I didn't expect one of the cheerleaders to turn out as the Serpent in Paradise, but I suppose it was necesary for the sake of conflict.

Oh, and I loved the quote at the end.

Having finished Humbug's series, now I wonder what I'll read next before jumping to the next episode.

'til then, look out for yourself.

Yours, "Celebrating Pac-man's 30th Birthday" Alexander/Alexlayer.

Later! _
Itachi's aprentice chapter 3 . 4/10/2010
Great work.
Zaratan chapter 3 . 9/29/2008
Tara manages to save Ron with none the wiser, and Hope is still walking. Nice.

And now the group is falling apart blaming each other. This won't go well.

Poor Tara... at least she seems to be a fun drunk.

And Hope takes all the blame for messing love karma.

Fully enjoyed the story.
Zaratan chapter 2 . 9/29/2008
So everyone is thinking that Bonnie and Tara are together, while Kim and Ron have problems. That just makes things all the more interesting.

Stranding Ron on a chairlift? Man that's juvenile. And getting Bonnie drunk?

At least Hope gets to suffer for her prank.

Eagerly awaiting more!
RonHeartbreaker chapter 3 . 8/30/2008
Hm...

Read the story on my Blackberry as you posted it, but I find submitting reviews on the BBerry too hard, so I'm just doing this one review of the whole.

I'll confess that Z's challenge didn't really pique my imagination, 'cuz I don't feel any particular connection to the cheerleader squad per se. And chunks of the story dragged a bit, e.g., the line-by-line narrative of Tara's getting progressively more drunk. Plus I'm not sure about the logic hoops through which you have to jump in order to set up the main piece of plot - that, in order to ensure that the weekend would be all about Crystal, everybody has to behave absurdly, with Kim Ron and Bonnie resorting to subterfuge, and the rest of the squad agreeing to play a pretty mean prank in the middle of the reunion. I find Linda's justification for setting up her own counter-plot pretty implausible; why not just tell Kim and Ron? Or just refuse to be part of something so mean-spirited. The whole thing was like an ersatz episode of Three's Company; I kept expecting Mr. Roper to walk in.

That said, there were some nice touches - the green widow, the "favorite pants-losing antics" conversation. So, not a bad read, but not, I feel, up to your usual standards.
sweetPixiesmile chapter 3 . 8/29/2008
Karma.

What goes around comes around

Do unto others...

I'm glad that Tara got a different treatment in this story than previous. Tara's always seemed a small minded, lazy and pathetic creature that was short a few in the head and the charity case of all the various protagonists.

Yet in the back of my mind, she has always been somewhat of an unsung hero of the BE-verse. Where being taken advantage of my make someone seem stupid and pathetic, I've always felt that the flip-side of Tara could also be interpreted as a person who marches to her own drum. She might be slow on the uptake, but she's also stubborn when following her heart. Is someone stupid if their heart is their guide? And Tara protecting Bonnie incognito is the sign of a true hero, IMO.

As much as I've always been a borderline rabid RoYo shipper, I love your RonBon. In some ways, BE Bonnie has seen more character development than even BE Kim and Shego.

Lastly, beautiful to see you spreading the love for the bit characters, since the main characters of the KP reality are so firmly established in the BE-verse...

And would love to see more.

NOTE: This is the second Review I've tried to submit for this chappie. Don't know how, but my first one got blackholed somehow.
shinneodeus chapter 3 . 8/28/2008
So Tara gets to be a hero. But sadly behind the scenes. And that quote does fit Linda and tara's role in the story.

Read you later!
Han dj chapter 3 . 8/28/2008
“A sound head, an honest heart, and a humble spirit are the three best guides through time and to eternity”

Amen to that!

If ever Tara decided to leave Josh and be gay...Hope linda could snugged her...hehehe or snatched her from Josh Mankey...
Etherelemental chapter 3 . 8/27/2008
That was interesting. And the rope idea was quite good. Though, if Tara had been discovered, she could have pulled it off that she was just passing through and had the idea of using the rope to help Ron out. Especially since she wasn't involved in the conspiracy anyway. Although the drinking bit was somewhat interesting, but it just didn't feel like there was a whole lot of story to that. But anyway, it was quite good, even though I thought that there was going to be at least one more chapter. But either way, I still enjoyed it! And thanks for posting all of this!
noncynic chapter 3 . 8/27/2008
Well still don't know the source of Hope's antagonism towards Bonnie, but that isn't too important. Tara's loyalty to friends, and willingness to take one for them, is nice.

Not sure Hope's punishment was sufficient, though losing the other girls' trust might have taught her something. And again, it was all based on amisunderstanding, though she did exploit the sitch.
JAKT chapter 3 . 8/27/2008
KiY,

“A sound head, an honest heart, and an humble spirit are the three best guides through time and to eternity”

That quote indeed sounds up this story nicely.

Story’s pacing was wonderful. Action just right. Humor was spot on. Relationships and angst built in the right amounts. Prose was great. Dialogue perfect. Storyline true to form. Everything was firing on all cylinders and yet…something was missing and kt and I can’t quite put our collective fingers on it.

We don’t know if it’s in the narrative or background descriptions. Something just seemed missing or lacking that is representative in your other stories. The chemistry between the cheerleaders never seemed to gel. Maybe it’s was the drinking session in he bar. For some reason while the scene is true to life, it just didn’t fit the KP Universe as we know it.

Perhaps we’re just blowing in the wind and we do not want to detract with this review so our hat is off to a really great story that you have written. We like this story. We really do.

Still…something just seemed out of place and we wanted to let you know.

jakt
Invader Johnny chapter 3 . 8/26/2008
Well in a way Hope's frustration was a revenge of a sort in Tara's opinion, no?

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 3 . 8/26/2008
Again, great job with Tara and Linda, and cool solution to the chair's problem.

If replying please do it via e-mail.

Keep the good writing.
A Markov chapter 3 . 8/26/2008
Amazing how a little kindness at the right time comes back around to protect you in unexpected but significant ways. You've created an amazing amount of sympathy for Tara with this story and it is highlighted by the fact that I'm actually a little angry with how her life turned out. She's such a nice girl that you should have made her life better.

Anyway, great dialogue and a well executed plot with so many variables and characters that it would have been easy to get lost or to just let some of the characters fall along the wayside. I really enjoyed this and it is a prime example of why I look forward to finding an e-mail in my in-box notifying me that you've added a new chapter or a new story to your library.

Alex