Reviews for Stargate: SVU 2
Equestrienne Dreams chapter 15 . 10/14/2012
Every so often, I run across a story so engaging and enjoyable it lets all the little mistakes - typos, awkward phrasing, whatever - just run off my back like water.

This is one of those stories.

I won't lie. You *do* have typos in here, including a few that keep showing up - "scared" when it should be "sacred", for instance.

But, quite frankly, I don't give a damn. Your world-building is amazing, your taste in pairings is impeccable, I love your characterization, I love seeing Janet and Hailey and Satterfield get some screen time, and I love that you give just as much depth to friendships as you do to romantic relationships.

And of course, the image of Mariska Hargitay running around with Amanda Tapping is practically too good to be true.

I've marathoned the first two books of this series this weekend, and I can't wait to get started on the next two. And suffice it to say that should a book five ever roll around, you'll have at least one very eager reader raring to go.

Congratulations on writing one of the must enjoyable crossovers I've ever read. I can't wait to see more.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 15 . 5/24/2010
Once again, another interesting job you’ve got here.

The exploration of the political fallout of the last story’s events on both the galactic and global scale was really rather interesting, ranging from someone (Even if it was the equally-arrogant-and-frustrating Colonel Simmons) telling Kinsey that he’s an idiot to his face to Ba’al’s invasion of the Neitian Empire after Sam and Olivia manage to trigger a riot, and the personal development is also rather good (Even if I think that some moments, like Sam and Olivia considering themselves sisters, happen a BIT too fast to be completely plausible).

Mut’s attitude as the new empress was definitely a significant contrast to the cool rationale of Neith’s methods, particularly with her use of that raptor-infested pit just for the sake of it, making her an adversary that it was exceptionally easy to hate (Even if she WAS overly paranoid and relatively incompetent).

The twist with Ke’tesh taking control of Elliot added an extra personal touch of desperation to the crisis for the SVU cast- Casey being captured is one thing, but what Elliot went through under Ke’tesh’s control was something else entirely even without the complication of Osiris ‘rescuing’ him-, and the added plot element of the Asgard Slayer was definitely explored in an intriguing manner (Even if I wouldn’t have said no to some more detail about where it came from).

However, I’m a bit ambiguous about the NID’s abduction of Casey like that; the reasoning behind it- find out what allowed HER to be safely released from stasis when the other attempt failed- might make sense, but you’d think that an organisation as allegedly well-informed as the NID would have been aware that Casey’s tube was damaged when she was extracted from it and thus her survival was more likely mechanical failure rather than anything unique about her personally.

Oh, and you could have maybe elaborated more on the developing feelings between Daniel and Olivia or Casey and Char’el; the pairings themselves are good, I assure you, but I still feel like they could use more development (And sticking Hailey and Grace on SG-1 full-time just seems to be overdoing it; a five-man team works, but a SEVEN-man team is a bit excessive)...

Of course, the part of this story that I’m REALLY ambiguous about is your new take on Anubis; he was my favourite villain in the series, given his Ancient knowledge and virtually indestructible nature, and you’ve reduced him to little more than a rampaging thug (Albeit a virtually indestructible thug).

You have some good ideas, I assure you, but you seem to spend too much of the story trying to bring the characters all together the way you want them to be without going into sufficient depth about how they reached that stage...
DragonKatGal chapter 15 . 2/11/2010
Absolutely amazing. Casey taking off for parts unknown, Elliot becoming a Goa'uld...awesome. Looking forward to the next installment, which I shall begin reading...now.

DKG
alexceasar chapter 15 . 7/5/2009
I have freaking loved this entire thing! It is so awesome! Great job. And I can't wait to read the next installment.
The Magic Bringer chapter 15 . 3/14/2009
Liking CCG does not make you old! I love CCG, and I'm barely eighteen! They are only beaten by Elton John, Little River Band and, of course, The Beatles! Okay... so maybe I'm stuck in my Dad's music collection, but there's no denying that it's DAMN GOOD MUSIC! Um... so, other than that, I did enjoy the story and its prequel immensely. I liked the way you dealt with the relationships between all the characters without getting too OOC.
D.J. Scales chapter 15 . 12/19/2008
Now thats a well written epilogue.
MiaRose 156 chapter 15 . 12/9/2008
Just read the last few chapters very enjoyable as always. Loved the epilogue. Had a feeling that Casey was going to leave Earth. I really enjoyed that Hailey and Satterfield got put on SG-1. Liv and Daniel together yea. Looking forward to the next story. Really liked how Mckay was portayed in this story. Just an idea for the next story; if Mckay goes off-world again he should be armed w/a zat. Overall I really enjoyed these stories.
Barbarossa Rotbart chapter 15 . 12/9/2008
I think you know what I'm going to say...

This could have been a good epilogue of the story if you haven't included this totally overrated and in the history of the series short lived Sam/Jack romance. (I must confess I'm a S/J shipper but in this case J means Janet not Jack...)

BTW this slumber party for two is completely out of character for Jack. He would never violate the regs for personal gain. For saving Earth or for helping friends, he would violate the regs, but he would never do that for personal reasons. And a romance between him and Sam is a very personal violation of the regulations. So he would never ever do that. He would have to retire first.

So please rewrite the epilogue if you want to have Jack acting completely in character!
Barbarossa Rotbart chapter 14 . 12/8/2008
Great Chapter!

Liv and Daniel? I did not see that coming, but at least it is not Liv and Elliot.

And at least there is no hint of Sam/Jack in this chapter (that is also a reason this chapter is so good).
poetrygrrl39 chapter 13 . 12/4/2008
I have to say, I have never read better cross-genre stories. You do an amazing job of combining 2 (or more) different "universes" into a seamless whole. Many combo stories feel like they are forced together or so loosely connected that they make no sense. Excellent job of blending!

After reading the Stargate: SVU stories I had to go read everything else you have written. Love them all.

Also, I really like the way the relationships develop. I can totally see Liv and Sam become buddies and relying on each other.

Finally, you write absolutely fantastic dialogue. I can "hear" the words in the actors' voices. That is a rare and precious gift!

Can't wait to read more!
Barbarossa Rotbart chapter 13 . 12/1/2008
That's really an evil cliffhanger...

And the rest of the chapter was also very good, because no S/J hints (but sadly an E/O hint)*, Kinsey's (very deep) fall, a first hint of an popular SGA pairing and much more ...

I can't wait to read Stargate: SVU 3 (but a back to the basics Batman & Benson 4 should come first)

BTW look up the meaning of Barbarossa... ;)

* but that hint has really been killed by the cliffhanger...
Barbarossa Rotbart chapter 12 . 11/27/2008
Again a good chapter, but again it contains the completely overrated S/J romance.

Anubis is back and Kinsey is going down. Elliot and Sarah will be free and Casey has a boyfriend. Well, there is just one thing missing: Sam and Liv getting much closer as they are now. ;)

But that's just an idea. but it is a crossover, so it could be possible... ;)
Barbarossa Rotbart chapter 11 . 11/22/2008
Again a very good chapter!
MiaRose 156 chapter 10 . 11/17/2008
Another great chapter. Very enjoyable. Loved the ending.
MiaRose 156 chapter 9 . 11/2/2008
Another interesting chapter. Loved Baal and Qetesh at the end.