Reviews for Man Alone
Sarachan chapter 21 . 9/9/2013
Awesome! What a good ending loved the dialogue. Is there a sequel?
Sarachan chapter 6 . 9/7/2013
Wow the feels just hit me like a ton of bricks
gr8read chapter 20 . 1/19/2010
I have to say I read this story awhile ago and just re-read it again. It's beautiful, made me cry, made me laugh, I love the two old ladies and their banter. It's such a good story that I am sure that I will re-read it again. That, for me, is the true test of a good story. If you can read over and over.

Well done and thank you for sharing your time and talent.

It is greatly appreciated.

Diane
bhoney chapter 21 . 3/18/2009
Okay, I gotta say, I resisted reading this story for a long time because I didn't like the premise of it-that Bobby and Sam would reject Dean and he'd have to set out on his own. It seemed a little OOC to me that they'd try so hard to kill him without really being sure that he wasn't Dean. And it was just as heartbreaking as I feared it would be. But once I got past that, I ended up being completely sucked in to this story. Couldn't stop reading till the end.

LOVED that, even when Dean thought Sam wanted him dead, he was still trying to protect him, both from the thugs and from Holley. Loved Sam charging in to save him, and them all working together to get him out from under the beam in the barn. Your descriptions of the fire were fantastic too.

Wanda and Gladys even really grew on me and by the end I was cracking up at their antics. I feel quite sad to leave them behind. It would be cool if you did a sequal where the boys go back to their place for the holidays, or just to rest and recover from stuff. I love that they're leaving the boys the farm when they die.

And the stuff with Mary was really interesting too. I'm surprised to find her in Hell, and we never did find out what she did to get there (was it about her demon deal, cuz she didn't trade her soul, so I'm not sure why that would be it). Loved that she sacrificed herself to get Dean out.

I really hope you do a sequal where Sam gets her out, with Dean working with him. I'd like to see more of Dean's recovery too, now that they're back on the road together, him having to deal with flashbacks when they encounter demons along the way, etc. I think a sequal would be really cool to deal with some of that.

Anyway, nice job. Very suspensful and angsty, really emotionally gripping.
janet1982 chapter 21 . 2/19/2009
awesome:)

those two ladys, they are funny:)
kirallie chapter 21 . 2/7/2009
Good ending. Glad they're healing.
Benigma chapter 21 . 1/22/2009
*Sigh* This couldn't be more perfect! I had forgotten about Dean's amulet, and the way Sam returned it was just great, albeit a little late!

You raise a very interesting point in that the demons killing their mother will eventually bring about their own end - Sam and Dean will be the ones to do it!

It's so wonderful to see them back together and hitting the road, and so generous of Wanda and Gladys to leave them a 'home' whenever they need it.

Again, this was an incredible ride, and thanks for making it one of the best stories I've ever read! Looking forward to your next!

Benigma chapter 20 . 1/22/2009
*Holding back tears* Omigod, this was FABULOUS! After all of both boys' pain and confusion, you gave us the most incredible, satisfying ending! You could feel the love and caring amongst all of them; the guilt, the sorrow, everything. What came through loud and clear is that the bond between them could never be broken - even if Heaven and Hell tried their darnedest.

They both made the right choice, the only choice. All the characterizations were superb, and I don't think I'll ever forget Wanda and Gladys! You brought them to life as surely as though they were real.

What a roller-coaster ride - kudos and thanks to you for a most rewarding and totally awesome story!

Benigma chapter 19 . 1/22/2009
Simply a beautiful, beautiful chapter. I was so happy that Dean hadn't slipped away again, and that Sam found him! My heart broke for both of them - aagh, their pain is palpable.

Castiel! Oh, this should be good. Can't wait to here why he's there.

Again, awesome chapter!

mlaspike chapter 21 . 1/21/2009
I am so glad that they are back together and starting to heal! It is so painful to see them apart! I enjoyed the story a ton! Great work!
Benigma chapter 18 . 1/21/2009
This chapter was FANTASTIC! Wow! Castiel's part was brilliant. You sure have a gift for 'angel-speak'. I'm not sure I totally understand what he was getting at, but it's a lot for Dean to take in. He needs to see that Sam believes in him and needs him to help keep him on the path of good; that he make his choices out of simple love for Sam. But when Castiel says, "You have to realize Sam doesn't need you to win his battles.", it sort of threw me. I trust it will all make sense in the forthcoming chapters!

Dean's part was equally brilliant - gosh, he's so stubborn about accepting his own worth! His comments and reactions to Castiel were dead on, and so true to his character.

This is a marvelous piece of writing; kudos to you!

I continue to hang on to the edge of my seat waiting to find out more!

Benigma chapter 17 . 1/21/2009
Aaggh! Shock and awe! Where is Dean? Man, I sure didn't see that coming.

Omigosh, what a great chapter! Gracie's comments about Hayes' 'man boobs' and 'ABC's' were hilarious, along with the cutting repartee of Wanda and Gladys!

Oo, I loved Sam's getting a bit of mothering up, he needs it too. But now Dean's on the run again. Nasty! Nasty!

I am totally loving this story - looking forward to next chapter!

Well done!

ukfan101 chapter 21 . 1/21/2009
Wow it took Sam a long time to give Dean back his amulet...love the talk between Dean and Sam...good job with that...enjoyed the story, good job
SamDeanLover28 chapter 21 . 1/21/2009
great
rodney215 chapter 21 . 1/21/2009
so glad you gave us the epilogue. it was a great and emotional conversation. very quiet the way it ended. loved it.