Reviews for As the Rain Falls
phoenix008 chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
aww that was a great read! i loved reading about Neville even though he ended up dying... loved the way you showed the progression of time
Anachronistic Anglophile chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Oh, this was adorable. Sad of course at the end, but lovely.
Caileigh chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
Hello, hello. ;)

I thought I could do with a small piece of Neville and since I (of course) love rain, as well, this seemed just promising.

Well, it's a lovely, but also sad story... his hopes and his grandmother's explanation of rain were cute, really wonderful, and I liked both his childhood and his relationship with Hannah. And the way he tells his children (and later grandchildren) about the "good times that will come soon"... aww.

The transition then was perfect. You can really FEEL how his life goes by, and when he's, um, pondering about how his friends died, I was quite touched. ) I pitied him so much, being the "last" of his old friends, and with Hannah gone - that does make it even more touching. *sniffs*

I can picture Neville as a grandfather somehow very well... he'd be just the one to sit there, in a state of melancholy and everything. It's actually a good decision, making him too alone to be glad for rain (and sunshine after that) anymore. And the end, wow. I'd say, it was quite worthy of the book characters!

So, all in all, I adore this one-shot. It MUST have been difficult to write and I'm impressed that you described everything, even death, still lovely and fluffy. Very touching, very realistic one-shot! Thumbs up for you. ;)
pairofhumanbludgers chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
That was beautiful. I was planning on writing my own "Fluffy Bunny" fic after reading the challenge, but I doubt that I can top yours! Great job... Neville's one of my favorite characters. :)
msllamalover chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
Ah Kristen, this was wonderful! Seriously, I loved it. When I read that you were killing Neville, I thought you were insane, but this worked so beautifully that I'm wondering why you've not killed him before :D

It was so sad, where you split between the past and present, but it worked so well. I loved this.
NLaddict chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
although i'm completely against any story that kills Neville, you did it nicely, so i'll give ya props. it was a nice story.
xoxcrescentmoonxox chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
Aw, that was great! I loved how you talked about the deaths of the Golden Trio, Hannah, and Luna; that provided a nice closure for them; it really seemed like that could have been canon. The only thing is, in the last few paragraphs, most of them start with he, then a verb, and it sounds rather repetitive; that, I think, takes away form some of the emotion at the end. Really good, though!
UndeniablyMe chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
Wow. I must say, that was amazing. I loved the view of Neville, how you made him brave. Good job! :D

-UndeniablyMe