Reviews for Whimsy: Epilogue
LCat chapter 1 . 4/15
Loved the series. Excellently done, your story grabbed my attention and kept me transfixed to the end. Thank you.
hedwiggins chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
I had tears in my eyes in a few bits of this one, but love it just as much as the first two parts. :)
Josephine Martin chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
I loved the tie-in with the Fifth Race! Having Sam and Jack looking after the rest of us - bound to be a better bet than the Ancients with their rules about not interfering.

Thank you so much.

Thank you, Sue Brown. So glad to please! - 7LB

Jen

2008-08-19

ch 1, anon.:

Thank you for your review and your reassurance. Reviews come in pro and con which I heartily endorse. Funny that some of my most interesting online discussions were with reviewers who didn't like something or other! I feel as free to critique as well.

But - and there always is, right? - feedback is important. I like to know what I did right or wrong in the eye and mind of the reader. There isn't one writer I know that says this craft is easy and that's whether for fun (my fanfic) or profit (me I wish!). Storylines, dialogue, scenes pounce on you in the oddest places and times and the writer in you/me HAS to get with it. At the end of it all I'd just like to know if anyone else was touched, even a little by the effort. And I do write on.

Yes, readers come in as many varieties as writers, and their styles may just be to read, as you pointed out. Reviews are optional after all. So I do take comfort in the ever growing number of hits; somebody's reading at least.

A well done, encouraging response, Jen. Much appreciated.

Happy summer,

7LB
AT Fan chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
Loved the ending. I liked part 2 as well but it just ended wierd to me at least have them date kiss or something but this well it was a nice ending I can see them doing this non-interference just wouldn't be them would it? I never got any alerts for part 2 and just now read it so maybe that is the reason for the lack of reviews in that one. Keep writing we need more excellent shipper stories.
Natters chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
sweet
Leilina chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
So SWEET! I just love Whimsy! YAY! The scene in the corridor was just SO Sam and Jack with the Wow and Oops! LOL!
Jen chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
I've always found it fascinating that the more intelligent and well written a story is the fewer responses/feedback it gets.

Unless of course you're a popular writer or those who seem to write trash - they seem to get the most. Even the really bad fic - go figure?

As for the better stories, I think most people read them, and then go 'wow' (or something equal to that) and they just can't figure out how to respond. I know that personally I've done that. Read something. Then just gawked at it and reread the fic. Sometimes several times. There are fics that I just really don't know how to respond to. Sometimes "good job" just doesn't seem to be enough.

I always felt that a good writer really does write for the joy and experience of writing. Though feedback is really wonderful, it never makes or breaks whether there will be another story written.

I absolutely will refuse to read a fic where the writter demands feedback and will refuse to write further if they don't get some. How childish is that?

There are honestly very few exceptional writers in the fan-fic world. But the ones I inevitably admire the most arn't the exceptionally good ones, but instead those who try to write and share what they write without expectations or worry over what others think. It's amazing how much you can learn from a person who writes from the heart or from just the pure joy of writing. Even those who's english or grammer isn't the best, can still have great fic just because their motive for writing is a good one.

Any ho... Thanks for the fic! I especially enjoyed the first two Whimsy and I hope to see more of your writting soon.
Lady Hamlet chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
Aww, that was cute! And in-character; I could see it happening.
Sue Brown chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
Absolutly wonderful! I mean it; full of wonder. The voices of both characters read really well, a hint of canon, a pinch of fantasy. . . . I just loved the whole series.
mara-anni chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
LOVED this!

This was so fantastic! And frankly...just how I see their love. I esp liked Jack's thoughts about how one lives without half his soul. And the idea of them spending eternity together in this way..I Love it!

Thanks for sharing *sweet shippy sigh*
megdar chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
I feel shiny all over. Like happy clovers just gave me the best mud bath in the multiverse. Thank you!
Devilish Me chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
Wonderfully fluffy story. :) I liked it, and thanks for sharing.