Reviews for Visions of an Apocalypse
detrametal chapter 2 . 8/18/2013
a very interesting story That I would love to read more of
Sienna Maiu chapter 2 . 5/1/2013
So… Raven is the mother, Beast Boy is the father, but he’s also the surrogate mother?

Revolutionary Canadians sound awesome and all, but also has terrifying implications. omg, paired with the Swiss Army - also amusing because the only country allowed to hire them is Vatican City?
The Flying Frog chapter 2 . 7/8/2012
When is this story going to be updated? It like these individual chapters of a post-apocalyptic world brought on by Raven.

Personally, I would like to see more of Beast Boy interacting with his daughter. Since he's the one who bore her and carried her to term, chances are that he'll be most connected to her...other than Raven believing herself to be in a competition for Beast Boy's affection in the end of Chapter 1 is anything to go off of.

I like the idea for this, the demonic relationship between Beast Boy and Raven and how her coming into her own power affected how she treats him is a nice concept.
bubbajack chapter 2 . 11/13/2011
Ok so far im liking this and I think I understand it. So Gar gave birth to his own daughter is that right? Also I found the thought of rebelious canadians funny for some reason...

Great story keep it up! Bubbajack out!
WalkerOfTheWheel chapter 2 . 2/27/2010
Read the author's notes and thought I'd lend a little support.

The male genome contains all the data required to produce male or female offspring (X and Y chromosomal sequences). Considering BB's demonstrated ability to "mix" genetic expression to create a form (see episodes; The Beast, Engaged), it isn't too much of a stretch for him to make a (genetic) gender change (substitute an second X chromosome for the Y found in males). All Raven would then need to do is separate an X chromosome from one of her own ova and shift into the now female BB and there's you daughter.

And I just realize I brought way too much real science into a fictional universe. (By the by, I favor a "junk DNA" explanation for BB. Still doesn't get around the conservation of mass problem.)
AWordToTheNot-So-Wise chapter 2 . 2/25/2010
Wow... that's new. I didn't think it possible but you just made this story even more original (and funny too). I can't wait too see what you come up with next, and I still want to know more about those Canadians!
AWordToTheNot-So-Wise chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
I'd just like to say, Whoa. How did you come up with this little jewel? I like how this idea is so much more original than a lot (probably 99%) of other fanfics. Also, I hope you elaborate on that Canadian Uprising, and the Changing. Keep up the good work!
Leoanda Taylor chapter 2 . 1/13/2010
Awesome! I loved this! Please write more! Thank you!
Jynxed Keyboard chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
While this story is... odd, I think I'll enjoy coming back to the TT fandom with this. It'll be a little sad lacking 3/5 of the team, but you play with Raven and Beast Boy so nicely... definitely looking forward to more cracky adventures. XD
porroago chapter 2 . 7/9/2009
You've taken a very unorthodox approach to Raven and Beast Boy's relationship and it truly is refreshing to see. Some might call the subject material of your most recent chapter a stretch, but the logic behind it is beautifully sound (and the Author's Notes were more than helpful, thank you) and I really look forward to how more events unfold. I love how you've chosen not to do it chronologically, as well; it will be interesting to see how subsequent chapters fill in the gaps of what we don't know yet and tell us more about this strange little family. (On a simpler note, I also wanted to thank you for giving Raven and Beaut Boy's daughter a pretty and relatively normal name; the variations of birds, goddesses and shades of purple in some fics are getting so tiresome!)

All in all, excellent story! Please update soon!
Belladonna Kyle chapter 2 . 5/17/2009
Dude, this is really cool. I like where it's headed, it seems really interesting. That guy KungFuTruffle (what kind of name is that anyway? A lump found by pigs in a forest with martial arts ability is little far fetched to me) is an idiot and is a waste of your time. I honestly don't know why you felt you need to explain yourself to him. Though I'm kind glad you did, it was a tad confusing :)
CalliopeMused chapter 2 . 5/15/2009
I'll back you up on the "male pregnancy" details. Garfield can identify as someone of the male gender even if he is biologically a female, and you solved my issue with the male pregnancy storyline-anatomy. Men don't have a uterus, women don't have sperm (but some species have parthenogenesis, and some take it a step further by having simulated sex where one partner takes the "male" role and the other partner becomes pregnant).

I'm still quite curious about those Canadians, but this explains a lot about the background of the night Garfield remembers, and maybe part of Raven's reasoning for starting every night over with Garfield/taking his memories. She knows the pattern, she's in control, she feels less likely to hurt him.

Really, though? Raven in this story is an insane and twisted version of show-canon Raven, and it's fun to read. Garfield's been changed around to suit the alterations in Raven. Other-Titans would be interesting, Canadians are still a tease, the daughter is still fun to watch... you can follow whims on this story. There's a lot of places where it can move.
TTndAvatarFan chapter 2 . 5/13/2009
yay! an update on this story!

wow...did not see that one coming...in any way, shape or form.

its an interesting take though, and given how raven has surpressed her humanity...i can see how a pregnant garfield is possible.
Raven of Alaska chapter 2 . 5/12/2009
Well, this adds to my theory about the relationship between Ava and Her Royal Majesty. HRM got pregnant, then dumped her daughter onto Garfield for nine months. Probably didn't even hold his hand as he went into labor, or, well, she might have shone some, but probably none. As for Her Royal Majesty, I wonder what she'd feel if one day she killed Garfield. All alone except for her daughter, who she doesn't necessarily have a good relationship with. I wonder if HRM will feel anything. I'm certain Raven would, but HRM isn't Raven, so to speak. Raven, although not very social, did care about the people of Jump City, and her friends. She would have died for them. She probably would have carried Ava too. Big difference I see between HRM and Raven is that, Raven most likely cared for Garfield enough to not wipe his memories and hurt him whenever they made love. HRM is the opposite, though. What will happen if she gets pregnant again? Will she leave Garfield memories of that night and carrying a baby? How, if she erases his mind, will be able to convince him the baby is his? After all, to his knowledge, they haven't had sex in over a century. Maybe Ava's words will get to him, hit home. Or, would Her Royal Majesty have an *shudders* abortion? I wonder if she's been doing that since Ava was born. Each time she gets pregnant, just boom, baby dies.

Imagine if Garfield got his memories back. Of every night spent with Her Royal Majesty. Would he be angry with her for erasing his memories? Confront Her Royal Majesty about possible abortions? Or maybe finally see that Her Royal Majesty isn't the person he fell in love with. A demon in disguise. True, Raven is the half-demon daughter of Trigon, but, in embracing her demonic heritage, whatever humanity, whatever shards of the caring she possessed, disintegrated. Gone. Is it possible to get the old Raven back? To end this Apocalyptic nightmare? If Ava or Garfield found out, would they do it? Would they restore world peace?

Sincerely,

Raven of Alaska
Raven of Alaska chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Ava... well, I can sense a great rift in her relationship with her mom. I think it has more to do with just how Her Royal Majesty treats her dad, and others, for that matter. Maybe Her Royal Majesty never loved her. Maybe Ava is secretly working with an underground resistance movement to overthrow her mother. I want Ava to win, if she and Her Royal Majesty fight... but I think it will most likely,be Her Royal Majesty who wins. Who knows? Maybe Ava will get lucky. Or maybe Her Royal Majesty will spare her, perhaps banish her, and erase Garfield's memory of their child. I wouldn't put it past her to do it.

I wonder, does Her Royal Majesty "care" for her daughter just like Trigon "cared" for her?

Sincerely,