Reviews for Disguised Affections
jaybird chapter 4 . 1/5
I have to say the relationship between the two is moving rather fast. But im excited to see where it goes.
Morgen Elisabeth chapter 28 . 12/23/2013
I just finished your story and i love it had trouble stopping after i started. Oh so good. Well done. :)
centava chapter 28 . 12/9/2013
Wonderful, wonderful story!
centava chapter 25 . 12/9/2013
So hot, and so romantic! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Severus!

And a big YAY for his F you to Dumbledore!
centava chapter 14 . 12/8/2013
Yowsa! Very fun and hot chapter, though I laughed trying to imaging expressing an orgasm by choking and keening softly! Set a silencing spell and let it rip! Lol Nice work, and man, I need my own hubby to channel a bit of Severus.
centava chapter 12 . 12/8/2013
Hot! I knew you had it in you. I love this romantic Con and hope to see the same passion in Severus later!
StormDragonfly chapter 27 . 11/28/2013
This ended very cute. :) But, sadly, I grew disappointed as the story continued. The character moments that I loved ceased happening as the plot moved forward. While I'm content with the plot itself, my opinion of the story overall suffered as Snape became more two-dimensional. And I just can't agree that he stood and watched while Voldemort killed Lily. I believe that goes very much against the core of who his character is.

Your writing strengths are best apparent in the fact that you are clever, and can weave a tale very succinctly so that you get the reader engaged. I also love the sense of humor you were able to infuse throughout. And while this is likely moot five years later, I recommend looking over subjunctive mood to strengthen one of your grammatical weaknesses.

For the record, I also read this non-stop from roughly 8pm to 2:15am. I really was invested in your story, and my words are probably not coming across with as much support as I'd like them to be, given how tired I am at the moment. In the end, really good story.
StormDragonfly chapter 16 . 11/28/2013
So... is Blaise Zabini going to be used to kidnap Hermione? Betrayal by a fellow-year Slytherin again? Love the touch that Lucius was too snobby to know what he'd used.

Interesting scene between Ron and Draco. I'm not sure why it's important. But it does let us know why those two have befriended each other, and that they are healing.
StormDragonfly chapter 15 . 11/28/2013
Rodolphus Lestrange had sympathy, did he? That's unexpected.

Holy shit! Hermione knows! I was not expecting that. It explains her long silence after he described the memory of unwillingly having to kill a child. And she's certain that she'll lose him once he regains his memory. (This is awful of me, considering the big picture, but now that the information's had time to settling a little, I wonder if this means she won't sleep with him because she knows how his full-memory self would react to the knowledge.)

So the physical manifestation was a result of a loss of one of the... Secret Keepers? After all, McGonagall literally could not speak of it. So, should the Order of the Phoenix die one at a time, Severus will gradually become older. Let's not have all those deaths, please?
StormDragonfly chapter 14 . 11/28/2013
It's the magic around Constantine that's hurting the jenetts, methinks.

Poor Hermione. When things come out later, the library demand Con made here is going to burn her cheeks.
StormDragonfly chapter 13 . 11/28/2013
I'm sorry, but seriously... that's the line you open this chapter with after what preceded it? LOL

When Con thought of children with Hermioen the first time, I didn't pick up on the fact that his future progeny and life partner were really what he was after. The points been made more clear this time. He sees in her analytical (boy, I use that word a lot in these reviews) potential in alignment with him. Perhaps that's how he's justifying his feelings? Or his feelings really are secondary. Hmm. I'll keep thinking on it as I read.

That was an unexpected explain-what-I'm-about author's note. So Dumbledore is letting Severus become attached to Hermione so that he'll be more inclined to take out Lucius Malfoy? I thought it was established that, in addition to whomever gave him the Death's Oblivion potion, he'd also been Crucio'd by Malfoy. Wouldn't that be enough for Severus to want to take him out?

You did say in the opener that Dumbledore loved Severus like a son.

And now we move on to the interesting stuff. I have guesses, and since the fic is already complete, I suppose it won't seem like I'm trying to write your fic for you if I share them. I see Snape confusing Harry with James, slight memory overlap or more. I can also see him slipping and mentioning something to Harry about "your father" before he realizes he's done it or why he's done it. That would be a stretch, though, probably. I also dramatically picture Snape getting the memory of who he is back while in Hermione's presence, and possibly the rest of the Trio's, too.

Severus's head in Hermione's lap was a very interesting touch. Certainly showed the professors how attached they are to one another, and how vulnerable Snape—as Constantine—is willing to make himself in front of Hermione.

Oh, I forgot to mention a few chapters ago how cool I thought it was that Snape reset Harry's wards for him.
StormDragonfly chapter 10 . 11/28/2013
I kept meaning to comment on the copper bracelet, but I always forgot come time to review.

So, it's a transfiguration that's keeping Con in his youth. Perhaps one that McGonagall has to monitor constantly?

That was a pretty harsh point deduction. I think there must be more fueling her anger than simply Snape and a student. She is, perhaps, especially protective of Hermione? Looking forward to finding out what *else* is going one there.

Thanks!
StormDragonfly chapter 9 . 11/28/2013
Good for Neville to say he was done helping out of friendship. Which is something I probably wouldn't do myself, but I like to see him stick up for himself. Ok, that sounded strange, put that way.

5th year — aha! So that means that Harry *does* know what teenage Snape looked like.

The scars are pretty rough.

"How ardently I admire you." Paraphrasing Mr. Darcy's first declaration to Elizabeth! Now did you do that on purpose, or was that an accident?
StormDragonfly chapter 8 . 11/28/2013
I meant to note before when Hermione saw Con's arms, that Con, naturally, does not have the Dark Mark on him.

I think there's more to Con's reaction to hearing of Snape than you're sharing at the moment. :)

The only reason Draco has for disliking Con is that Con told him to talk less. Well, that, and he's a Gryffindor. Hmm.

Love the touch of humor at the end, as usual. :)
StormDragonfly chapter 7 . 11/28/2013
Haha! Cute opening. Oh, I meant to mention that it seemed Lucius recognized Snape. Which makes me wonder, because despite his description, I didn't think that Con was just a younger Snape. Otherwise he'd be familiar to everyone else.

Febrile. Good word.

Eroticism through intellectualism. Knowledge is sexy. Oh, they've got it bad.

Oh, look at how Hermione drafts Neville into work. Naughty girl!
1,247 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »