Reviews for Disguised Affections
StormDragonfly chapter 6 . 11/28/2013
Ha! Con was being rather obvious by mentioning Hermione so many times.

What was the flash of gold when Lucius Malfoy approached? Interesting. At first I thought it was a Snitch and Con was about to flashback to a memory of James Potter.

I'm guessing that Malfoy is just recently out of prison. It was 5 months after the war when Severus Snape was attacked with loss of memory. Some time must have passed for the trial that Hermione gave testimony at. And Con has been at school for an indeterminate amount of time, but enough to garner marks and the dislike of many of his peers. Not ot mention Draco's emotions over whatever letter he read.

I wonder where Draco was during that display at the end of this chapter. Did he see Hermione's rant, or did he leave with his father?
StormDragonfly chapter 5 . 11/28/2013
Nice foreshadowing there. First establishing that Con and Hermione dont' sleep well either, then presenting on a tangent a possible to keeping the bad dreams at bay. How very trusting and social of Con to admit to his troubles with sleeping.

Goody! Backstory time. Excellent.

A tough thing to juggle, having a character tell the story as though narrating it, when she (and he) are part of it. At first I didn't like it, but I went back over it before the tale was done and decided that I'd passed too quickly over the indicators of emotion there.

Once again, I am pleased to see Draco with more redemptive qualities. :)

Con told the truth about his memory loss! To Hermione *and* Harry. That's something. I'm curious as to whether they'll tell wrong or not. It's not really their secret to tell. I think they'll keep the confidence.

That's really sweet that he offered them hope. A Professor-ish thing to do when he's not actually Professor Snape. Wonderful.

Oh, friendship snuggle. You're pressing a lot of my buttons here on what I like about a fic. Characters connecting while interacting, multiple layers to the main players... slow romance, withheld exposition that's not overdone.

The story about Ginny is truly heartbreaking, and no wonder the rest have nightmares.
StormDragonfly chapter 4 . 11/28/2013
Ooh, how interesting that it was Hermione to see the opportunity for personal advantage.

I like the potions list, too. You put some logical thought into that.

Sudden interpersonal tension...and ended with an intellectual challenge. Very nice. Also, reaching out for her curl is evidence of the courageous heart the Sorting Hat was so keen on.
StormDragonfly chapter 3 . 11/28/2013
Oh, how very nice to see some Quidditch talent ascribed to Draco. And Con's analysis of it. dressagegrrl, you are rather brilliant. Good on Harry for being honest.

Um, was that romantic tension between Harry and Draco? Well, I'm good with that. :)
StormDragonfly chapter 2 . 11/28/2013
Oh, I'm loving Constantine's dialogue. And I like that Hermione isn't actually in on the secret, which I thought would be the case based on the summary.

Better than that, now that you've shown us him assessing the room, and trying to deal with his memory loss, I love Constantine's brain. This is a really exciting characterization, and I'm very glad I decided to check out this fic.

I'm interested in seeing him interact with the boys, too. Once again my expectations are delightfully foiled as I thought the story might only take us to Hermione.

Squee! :)
StormDragonfly chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
LOL. Nice touch of humor at the end. I think I'm going to enjoy this AU of yours. :)
Courtney chapter 20 . 11/20/2013
I can't stop laughing at the similes and metaphor describing his softy xD
marisamarinee chapter 26 . 11/2/2013