Reviews for Loop
krzykatldy chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
nice story!
and like how you do the fast for word thing and the rewind thing.
from a fan: krzykatldy!
meganechan720 chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Wow. I'm loving the format. Very neat.
Stratagem chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
I love the metaphor of memory as a tape that Leo is OCD-ly rewinding, playing, fast-forwarding, and pausing. It's a great way to shape the story. This is a great insight in Leo's thoughts. I loved this line: "Donnie had come in earlier, smelling of oil, brake fluid, and the false cheer that came of constant distraction." Beautiful detail in that one sentence, and it shows Donatello's character. Great ficlet; well done! _
Tink17 chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
I really like this writing style. And, I like the scene with Casey. I felt the movie kind of cheated him a bit on that. Excellent job! ;)
Kallasilya chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
GAH! If this is what being a bad influence gets me, then I'll have to do it much, MUCH more often! *grins*

Well done on showing Leo's side and his thoughts during the argument. Raph's the only one who can make his brother lose control, and he does it every time, without fail... It was nice to contrast Leo's anger and vindictiveness with his guilt afterwards. Leo's Penultimate Guilt-Trip, hehe.

I agree with Kame about the awesomeness of the discussion with Casey, too :D

Most of all, I love how you drive the main point home by letting it speak for itself - the repetition of "We don't need ya!" and the rewind/play. You pinpoint exactly what's going on in Leo's head, in so few words. Poor Leo... now I want to watch the 'wake up' scene again, for the 'kodak moment' ;)
Longing for Leo chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
Awesome ficklet! I adore this scene of the movie...well, and the hug when Raph wakes up. But it was really cool to read about Leo dwelling on what he said. That part of the movie was way too vague. I mean, we don't even know what Mikey was doing, let alone what any of them were actually thinking. So, great job! (Feel free to write about Raph waking up as a bonus chapter) :D
54Viruses chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
Wow, great oneshot.
Lady Katana4544 chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
Wow this is an awesome little fic here. Its very well written and very beautifully done!
ahming chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
Great fic, this was really sweet and touching. Shows how much you can say things without realizing, and then later how much you can regret them and such. I bet Leo felt horrible not being able to take those words back, even though Raph provoked him to begin with. Poor Leo, it must be sad being trapped in his own little world, replaying those words over and over..
KameTerra chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
oh! It seems like so few people are writing in the context of the previous movies, and even fewer giving us such an insightful and nail-biting look at it! There is just the right balance of direct events from the movie and off-camera bits, and the "rewind" bits were not in the least bit choppy. This one shot flowed beatifully, and above all it is full of emotion. I know Raph wakes up. I know that. But by the time I got to the end, my stomach was clenched up anyway with sympathy for Leo's helplessness and worry. Specifically the chance that he would never regain consciousness or would awaken only to be permanently disabled.

But my favorite bit, was the scene with Casey revealing WHY he helped Raph. I don't know why, but even though we never know exactly what Leo's internal reaction is, I'd like to think he has a small revelation-that making themselves known to humans wasn't ALWAYS a negative thing. And on top of that, I absolutely adored Casey's line that Raph was being "too easy" on the bad guys. I would've loved to see Leo's face on that!

This is wonderful, Kyt. Onto the favorites it goes!

KameTerra
Vilsy chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
Wow, I really enjoyed this! It's neat to read a fic about the old movie. Very emotional and deep, you have a nice insight of what was going through Leo's mind. Kudos!