Reviews for I Waited
Deep Forest Green chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
Impressive! And unlike Flawless Lawless, "apartment buildings for maggots" was my favorite line.
Almost an Actress chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
This was beautiful, actually. It was chilling and dark, but beautiful! I loved it. I just finished the book yesterday, and I plan to write a story off of it. :)
Flawless Lawless chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
This made me shiver reading it! I do agree that this was one of the most scariest characters in the whole book and you really portrayed her well. My favorite line was the first one cause it gives you an eerie vibe that sucks you in to the rest of the poem. One line that needs a little bit of work was "like apartment buildings for maggots".
within a sepulchre chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
ahhh fuuuuck. this was perfect and beautiful and spot-on.

write more soon, because you're very good.(:

-Livvy.

faved.
PinkLemonade519 chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
Epic! Well-written and well-imagined, and your choice of words was astoundingly desricptive. Oh, and I must agree with you, the women in the bathtub (I believe her name was Mrs. Massey) was the freakiest part (And that's saying something!), and the thing or child or ghost or whatever in the hole was definetly scary, too, but Mrs. Massy 'held sway over all'. (I know I didn't say it right without 'the red death', but that wouldn't make sense in this context)
CClaret chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
I love this.

Even if I hadn't read the book (several times) and didn't know the character, I would still love this,

because it's an excellent poem all-around. The imagery is incredible.

And I agree, she's an intriguing (sp?) character. Isn't she supposed to be the older woman who was there with the teenage boy? And she was married to some rich guy?

It's been a while since I read it, and I can't remember her name. But I keep thinking that's who she was. Of course, I could be wrong.

Uh, I better end this review before it gets out of hand.

You are amazing.

: )
kumikokat chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
Wow, great poem. I was always curious about the significance of the lady in the bath tub, or even if there was any significance, and this is an interesting view. (Although I thought that the most creepy part of the book was either the cat guy or the fire hose that was sort of a snake). I loved it, well done!
TheHoneyDrop chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
This is so, so beautiful. I cannot say how much I love it... amazing! seriously :) xx
Shadowed White Rosebud chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
That was so wonderful and interesting how you chose to write about the woman in the bathtub. This was my favourite book, and Stephen King himself couldn't have done it better. Bravo.

Rachel
the sugar mouse chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
I've never seen the film, but it seems terrifying but the poem is really well written!
Luna chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
Good but gross
Charles Shire chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
It was a wonderful poem I loved your choice of words. But you proably want some criticism that u could reflect on with well here it goes I know all poems are not supposed to rhyme but I think the poem would be better if you made it rhyme with kind of a whooping rythm.

Thanks Charles :)
Winterrain chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
I know you wrote this ages ago, but I just read it and I was impressed. The lady in the bathtub is such an unusual topic to write a poem about that I expected it to be basically prose with line breaks, but it wasn't.
OstentatiousEloquence chapter 1 . 10/30/2008
Whoa... Beautiful! Except... in a really gross way! But still beautiful!

Gorgeously written ) Absolutely loved it!
prideisasin chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
That was so amazingly(Is that even a word) written! THis was really great!