Reviews for A Changing Heart
movieandbookgirl chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
beautifully written blondie.
HermoineGirl03 chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
Oh my goodness..it is absolutely crazy how good that was. I am in literal awe at your amazing ability to write and capture the characters as well as, if not better, than Stephenie Meyer herself! You wrote everything that I have been thinking, that I've wanted to SEE, since I read Breaking Dawn! I wanted so badly to read about Edward and Nessie's connection, how she felt about him and he about her, how torn he was between his love for Nessie and Bella, how impossible it would be for him to ever choose between them, and so much more that you just...wrote! You explained everything perfectly giving the story such vivid description and putting so much thought into the details. You captured my thoughts and gave them life in the way you wrote Edward's love for his wife and his daughter. You continuously had him say, "our life", proving further that he and Bella really are ONE, that without one of them there can be neither of them. And most of all, the one thing that Breaking Dawn lacked that you put in your story so perfectly was Edward's thoughts and words that Nessie was HIS daughter. It made me so mad that Bella always said that Nessie was her daughter, she rarely said "our" daughter. But you made Edward say it constantly, he admits that Nessie is his AND Bella's daughter, but he also says that she is HIS daughter. I'm a firm believer that Nessie is more like Edward than Bella so I'd rather hear him call Nessie his than to hear Bella call Nessie hers, but that's another topic, haha :)

Honestly, your story was beyond fantastic and your an AMAZING writer :)
IhaveMYedward chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
That was... WOW. Very nicely written!
BabelFish42 chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
Wow… Breaking Dawn needed something like this, in my opinion. I loved hearing Edwards perspective, especially his reaction to realizing he’s a father.

“She fulfilled a need I didn’t know I had, and expanded a love that was already infinite. Renesmee existed because of the unending love I feel for Bella – a living, amazingly breathing, tangible result of that love. My heart responded in kind, expanding to encompass this new life when I thought it had already been filled to overflowing.”

That was absolutely beautiful, and it’s only a small sample. Excellent job. I also loved Alice, coming in to dress Bella (in stilettos, of course) and providing some much needed comic relief. We even got to see a little more of Renesmee’s character, thanks to Edward. This was an altogether wonderful piece. Keep it up!
AmberGlow2 chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
excellent! I might as well print it off and slip it into my copy of Breaking Dawn!
Meliktes chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
Beautifully written.
Enchanted Oasis chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
This was so beautiful. You've created something very precious. I'm really happy I read it.
CTYME1000 chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
hey that was really good. you should do another chapter about when bella wakes up and hunts for the first time!
jashaw chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
Another great Edward moment! I loved it keep it coming! These oneshots are everything the book was missing! Thanks!
Aurabee chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
This is so beautiful! You captured Edward perfectly and made my heart ache in a good way at the same time. Thank you!
UnhealthyAddiction2 chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
Very nice story, I definitely wanted to know what happened in that room after Jacob left, that was a nice fill-in from Edward's POV. Beautifully written, as always.
Nebel Engel chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
I love your writting, Edward's POV is almost perfect. Please, do keep it up!

PS: I already like this better than Breaking Dawn, which I hated greatly.
ObsessingOverEdward chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
In BD I was not prepared for the brutality of the birth and Bella's change, I was thinking the change would be some romantic moment where their love would be tested but in a way that showed how much he loved her not with the way it was with blood, sweat and tears. We see all of this from Jacobs POV, but he checks out after Renesmee is born because the pull to Bella no longer exists. So I really enjoyed reading your version in Edwards POV. His sorrow and determination to keep her alive was written beautifully.

I was severly disappointed in the lack of bonding moments between Renesmee and Edward in BD so I LOVED reading how you incorporated that in your story. We also don't really get an idea of how Edward is feeling about Jacob imprinting on his daughter, only that we'll have to wait and see how Bella takes it. So, I enjoyed reading how he took the news. Later in the story we do get hints at how he's feeling about it but you have to read between the lines.

One of my favorite parts of your story was at the end when Bella scent changes because he's the one who changed her. Now she smells like freesia, lavendar and a hint of honey. M. I'm craving honey now.

Thanks for sharing!
kimmer2 chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
It's gratifying to read Edward's thoughts during this horrific experience. You seem to have captured the extemes of emotion that he (likely) felt during this scene. I especially enjoyed the bonding with his daughter. Well done.

-k2