Reviews for Paved with Good Intentions
Anon chapter 1 . 4/25
It'll take me some time to read all of it, but since i have a habit of forgetting to review i wanted to drop a line early. i really like this! i feel like Seto was totally on point here, especially with how he talked to friendship about Mokuba. he kind of put it in terms of helping one another to succeed? and that makes sense to me since Seto is so driven. and not ignoring how well Mokuba did on both reports even though he broke the rules makes sense to me too. not to mention Mokuba getting all worked up about Seto finding out. i completely believed that too since Mokuba idolizes his brother so much. i probably prefer Mokie but this fic got me engaged with both of them & i found it touching. this's getting long, so I'll just say good stuff!
Doop chapter 5 . 12/22/2016
Um, hi. It's me again. I saw that you responded to my review on your Tumblr, and I wanted to say: I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for angering you. I didn't mean to imply that adoptive or 'unconventional' families can't take different roles regarding one another. You are a brother to every child in your family.

All I meant in that response was that Seto appeared incredibly comfortable with being Mokuba's father even though he's still young himself. For example, in the movie Lilo and Stitch, Lilo and Nani are siblings whose parents die. Like Seto, Nani has to step into her parent's shoes to care for Lilo, but it doesn't come easily because she's Lilo's sister. By contrast, your Seto is very comfortable being Mokuba's parent.

I admit I came to this fic in particular as it was promoed on Fanfic Radio, and this chapter interested me because the rest of the gang appeared in it too. I may have missed other stories where Seto finds the new responsibilities difficult, or your Seto may just be at a better place in his life regarding his relationship with Mokuba than I was used to.

All I meant to imply was that the dynamic between them felt different than I was expecting. Not that Seto can't be Mokuba's father. He can be both Mokuba's father and his blood brother at the same time. I didn't make that clear, and I'm sorry. I didn't really expect such a passionate response from that one line, so I wanted to clear this up if possible.

I apologise again.
Doop chapter 5 . 12/19/2016
I liked the balance in the resolution here, since Joey has a point. Mokuba really isn't responsible for his big brother.

I found some details a bit of a stretch considering canon though: Joey saying Kaiba's stronger than him, for one. I don't think they ever came to blows in the anime? But Joey is streetwise and has actually been in fistfights. Not to mention his manga persona owns everyone when it comes to physical fighting. Kaiba has been in orphanage scraps, but unless self defense is one of things he's spending his money on, I don't see him knowing how to handle himself. I could imagine Kaiba carrying a handgun and being a crack shot with it, but beating Joey in a fistfight? Not so much.

The other thing was Kaiba being willing to tell Mokuba he loves him in front of others. He seems much more an action over words kind of guy, and it felt more like he was Mokuba's actual father rather than his stand-in father who's actually his brother.
fantasyguardian chapter 2 . 10/6/2016
As we start reading the chapter, you can't help but hate Kohaku. Like really hate the man. Poor Seto and Mokie for having to go through this. Especially poor Seto who had to endure his loss as well as carrying Kohaku's on his shoulder.

And then you reach the end of the chapter ... and the hate just melts away.

Seriously, the scenes you pick for the Kaiba brothers are just ... really well written and imagined.

Even while re-reading the chapter, can't help a couple tears escaping me.

P.S: Random fact, I've read this chapter before and a couple days ago remembered some bits of this as cannon ... only to realize now they were from your story. A job well done ;)
fantasyguardian chapter 1 . 10/6/2016
Wish more parents would handle their kids the way Seto handled Mokie and Connor here. I was introducing this chapter to a friend and she expected Seto to yell and punish, but what he did here actually made a lot of sense when we examine Seto's personality.

The way you write some of these scenes made me forget that they are not cannon, btw. They're so real and so believable.

Keep writing! You're our window into the Kaiba's lives :)
Ruby of Raven chapter 33 . 6/9/2016
Oh! The system... xD
Ruby of Raven chapter 27 . 6/8/2016
I knew I liked Hawkins. XD
Ruby of Raven chapter 24 . 6/8/2016
Hehehe... XD I'm apparently sick and twisted. Check for one please? Apparently it's to go straight to heck for even entertaining the thought of this...
I don't even ship it hard! Okay?! I was only curious and some people can write well!... that's all, I swear! Don't send Seto after me!... Or Azula from Avatar the Last Aibender!..
*sigh* I'm so guilty. XD But at least I don't ship 'actual' living and breathing incest. )I don't even watch Game of Thrones.)
Ha! - I loved this chapter.
Ruby of Raven chapter 7 . 6/7/2016
OMG! I can't get over how well you handle the Joey and Seto bonding! XD
Ruby of Raven chapter 4 . 6/7/2016
I'm laughing so hard right now. OMG! XD Joey just catches Seto's drift and is immediately on it. You set that up perfectly! XD
"I've been to jail before!"
I love that, as soon as Mokuba sees them, he just knows who sent these two goofballs. XD
And, aw! Connor! Let's protect him too!
Ruby of Raven chapter 3 . 6/7/2016
Did you just put Duncan from Total Drama Island in here?! XD O my f***ing gosh! You did! Unconsciously or not, Matt is basically Duncan. If you don't know who Duncan is, google it, please. I swear, they are the same!
Ruby of Raven chapter 1 . 6/7/2016
Yes. I know. You write what you know. ;D I picked up on this the moment Joanna said she moved out to California. My mind can't help picking up on these sorts of things (I credit this to my AP Lit brain).
sakura chapter 33 . 4/7/2016
Oh god please tell me you wont leave it here ... I reallyyyy need to know what happened ... This is amazing
A. Sirius Riddle chapter 33 . 12/28/2015
First off, I just really want to thank you for writing this story. Yu-Gi-Oh is one of my favorite childhood cartoons and I have always loved the Kaiba brothers. This story seems to embody just about everything I'd want from them. It is amazing, well-written, in-character, touching, loving, and just plain /awesome/. I wish I was a better writer just so I could accurately tell you how much I've enjoyed this story but I suppose I'll have to settle with what I have. Now, I'm off to read the side-stories. Thank again for writing such wonderful stories.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/9/2015