Reviews for Rising Shadows
Samira Vongola chapter 7 . 6/6/2015
CONTINUE
Above the Winter Moonlight chapter 7 . 12/18/2014
This is getting to be a good story. Are you going to continue it? It would be awesome if you did.
Guest chapter 7 . 3/28/2014
Very interesting and its a pity there isn't more to read! Especially with it ending there! I really hope you come back to this!
Guest chapter 2 . 3/27/2014
Interesting start,having the story set post HP series is pretty unique for the fandom. I'm enjoying it thus far.
Since you seem to enjoy nomclature, I have a very interesting bit for Bakura, or as I refer to him; Bakhura. You see Bakhura has some lovely meaning in ancient Egyptian. In myth the Bakhu mt. are pillars that hold up the Eastern side of the sky, from which the sun rises. At some point before dawn, Apep (An extremely powerful demon god that Zorn stole his resume from) lay in wait behind them to attack Ra and his entourage aboard the solar boat. Here's the beautiful part. By taking away the determinatives for mt. We're left with Bakhu, add the phonetics for ra and boom Bakhura, a name that would originally refer to the mt.s and Ra and therefore mean sunrise. Very sweet for little Bakhura. But then after his people were brutally massacred, it would just as easily refer to his deal with Apep-er "zork"(Apep is much cooler sounding though!) and his quest for revenge/justice. The name would nowmean "a trap for Ra", which, remember the Per-a'a (pharaoh) was believed to be part of or son of. Throw on the determinative for robber and ruler and you officially have Thief King Bakhura. (Atemu and co would just refer to him in writing as "that bastard" or "thief" as you don't write down the names of your enemies.)
I hope you enjoy my nomclature trivia as a thank you and maybe use it sometime.
Blacken Knight chapter 7 . 12/2/2012
Cool story, please update soon!
kinatsurune chapter 7 . 12/31/2011
I absolutely LOVE this! I've been searching for a good ygo x hp crossover fic, and this is definitely the one that hits the spot. Interesting plot, well developed characters in Harry and Ron's kids, and I especially like the interaction between yami and bakura, you've captured their characters very well, I think. I see you haven't updated in a while, but I'm holding onto the hope that you haven't given up on this awesome story!
yayubaru1 chapter 7 . 8/11/2011
why do i not remember this chapter...? it doesn't matter cause it is AWESOME!

*panics* the world is coming to an end! HELP!

please update, i want to see what the bad news is... . only in fanfics am i ever excited about bad news...
sblack13 chapter 7 . 1/18/2011
This was a totally awesome chapter! I really love the argument a whole lot! I think you channeled Atemu really really well. I can't wait for an update! :D
Jena chapter 7 . 1/17/2011
Whew your story is definitely different than the other HP/YGO crossovers! Congrats on that! I found this to be engaging from the beginning, I read all seven chapters in one sitting. Sad to see that it has been so long since you've updated, but I know how real life can't be ignored for long...lol!

I do have a question, though. Why does everybody always say that Ryou's eyes are brown? In the mangas, they are not brown. When he is on the covers, his eyes are a kind of blue green or teal, and in the black and white pages his eyes are not colored in, which says his eyes are a light color other than brown. Unless they did something in the anime (of which I have not watched) you were right in your first description of Ryou. Sorry for the nitpick, but I have found this to be a recurring discrepency in a lot of fanfiction. So I was happy when you had gotten it right, then you had to go and change it! Ah, I suppose I am in the minority on this, but I thought I'd let you know that you did have it right as according to the books.

Anyway, you still have a great story and I hope you can get back to it, leaving it on such a cliffhanger is so not fun! _
ForestGuardian311 chapter 7 . 9/26/2010
Okay...Definitely looking forward to more now. As I've mentioned before, this is the first YGO x HP crossover in which Yugi and Ryou (and no Malik or Kaiba) are going to Hogwarts with Harry & co's kids instead of Harry and co. I'm very pleased, to say the least. I love how you still manage to put that tension between Yami and Bakura (did I mention that I hate Bakura with a passion?) And now they're going to reveal their secret...The major climax in every YGO x HP crossover, in my opinion. It's one of my favorite parts, too. ) So hopefully, you'll have that written out perfectly.

I don't know if you actually read any YGO x HP crossovers, but if you do, may I suggest one? It is *THE BEST* crossover of these two series so far, in my opinion (if you manage to ever finish yours, I'll deem yours second place D). It's called "Wizards Witches Shadows and Souls" by Mei1105. I'm assuming by now that you've seen the DOMA/Orichalcos arc, as her story takes place after that, but before KCGP. As for the HP timeline...I believe it's 6th year. And unlike yours, she has Yugi, Ryou, and Malik go to Hogwarts w/ the "Golden Trio." And it's not just focused on their experiences in Hogwarts, either. She'll occassionally switch POVs back o Domino City to see what's up w/ Joey and others. (Yes, she uses dubbed names...sorry if you don't like that.)

Anyway, fantastic job so far. I'm looking forward to more.
ForestGuardian311 chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Hmm, an interesting take w/ Ryou and Yuugi as students while Harry & co. are already adults. Not sure if you're going to continue to update, but I'll be reading what you have so far anyway.

Great job so far.
Lazy Cat 44 chapter 7 . 8/11/2010
update!
Epouvantable chapter 7 . 7/21/2010
Whoa! I can't believe I've never seen this story before! This is excellent. It is certainly more unique than other YGOHP crossovers (usually they don't take place in the new generation) and it is well-written. Yes, the pacing is at times jumpy but I love this story regardless. I can't wait until you update. Nice work!
Steven Kodaly chapter 7 . 7/18/2010
Falcon-headed giant man? Dear me, what Egyptian deity does that remind me of? I do hope that you'll explain how Ryou managed to lose the Sen'nen Eye, given that we had last seen him trying to evade Slytherin students - ones that seemed quite capable of finding him, as if they could _see_ where ordinary persons could not...

No, they probably don't have the Eye, but it's fun to guess!
YankeeSamson chapter 7 . 7/16/2010