Reviews for Just Another Casualty
csiAngel chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
I love this fic. Such wonderful angst :-)
rebeccavoy chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
that last line made me shiver and brought tears to my eyes. Amazing.
d3vilish chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
Very well written - loved it. That was one of those scenes that I never thought had an opening for a spin off story, but you did an awesome job of making one!
IamAnubis117 chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
well that was depressing but good. are you continuing it?
LikeCheapWine chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
Very nice piece, very poignant, emotional and angsty. It made me sad. For both Sam and Jack. I think this desserves a sequel. Maybe not as brutal as Jack having a relationship/marriage/kids with another woman. Sam may have hurt him but Jack can't stop himself loving her right?

And then there's also Sam's guilt to consider.

I would love to see something about them gaining their old 'status' back. But it's all up to you! ;-)
Natters chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
ouch! heart wrenching fic
The Whisper chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
Fantastic writing, I really loved this fic.
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
FINALLY someone who does justice to Jack's hurt and who's not afraid of showing what a selfish, insensitive b-tch Carter was, playing with Jack's heart and not really caring whether she hurts him. If she did care about hurting him, then she wouldn't do anything to hurt him in hte first place. Everyone is so damn focused on her, giving her the support, excuses, not even thinking of how it hurt Jack.

Best description I've ever read of the new state of their friendship/relationship/his heart was yours: "A body left out on the battlefield. Shot in the back. A victim of friendly fire."

Very truthful lines:

“So that’s it then? All this to tide you over until you found someone -”

“- and you couldn’t have told him to back off? That you’ve found someone already -”

She knew the anger was misguided, knew that it should have been directed at herself for playing with not only their emotion

Wow, what a way to rub Jack's face in, by giving a tour to the asshole

“This…” he motioned around him, “this is all I have left, Sir.”

* * * Unfortunately, it's always been that way. He only had the SGC, never had Carter, cause Carter never actually wanted him. Had she wanted him she would've done something years ago and not told him to keep it in the room.

“I don’t have any happiness, Sir.”

* * * Ain't that the truth...

God, when had he gotten so dramatic.

* * * When he had his heart broken by the woman he'd never thought would do it. 'Et tu Brutus?' is very appropriate here.

Couldn’t forgive and forget at how she had played with his emotions and just tossed him away.

* * * Damn right she did. I'm glad that at least one author next to me is not afraid to acknowledge this, what Carter did to Jack, and not find empty and false excuses for it, for her. There is no excuse for what she did, she knew what would do to him when she decided to do it, yet she still did it.

He knew it had been a risk from the beginning - putting his heart on the line like that. But he had eagerly walked unarmed onto the battlefield and, as he morosely expected, had gotten massacred and left for dead. Just another casualty in the war of love.

* * * Massacred is definitely the right word.

At least this rejection would help him to inevitably move on.

* * * I hope you write a sequel where he does move on. A NON-canon sequel, where he finds happiness with another woman, with a woman who deserves him, unlike Carter, and never looses either that happiness or that woman.

capturing him in a non-responsive kiss

* * * B-tch, to do that after hurting him, while she's still with another, to just hurt him more because he can now really neverhave her.

- - - - -

This was a great fic, partly because of the masterful writing, but mostly because you weren't afraid to draw attention to the other side, to the side at least 90 percent of fans and 99 percent of authors ignore, Jack's side. Unlike most others you did not intentionally ignore Jack's pain and hurt and feeling of betrayal, but was corageous enough to point it out. My helmet down in front of you, truly. Carter really was an insensitive, selfish, self-centered b-tch that never cared about anything besides herself and her career, but especially not about Jack.

She never deserved him, which is also why I'm hoping that after he left for DC Jack found himself another woman, a woman who deserved him and was good to him and was appreciative of his affections for it and didn't try to kill those affections. Hopefully he moved on from Carter and Kerry gave him another chance. Cause if he didn't do that, if he still continued to moon after Carter, after what she did to him, how she behaved, then that is the biggest and worse bashing of Jack I have ever seen/read/heard of.

I hope you do write a sequel, one where Jack finds happiness with another woman and that happily ever after with that woman (and defnitely does not have to go through a break up wiht her either). Since Carter's relationship with that assh ole would never work out I also hope you write Carter regretting what she did, hurting Jack (she never regretted nor apologized to him for hurting him, on the show. Only how she hurt Shanahan, but not Jack), and driving him away just because she wanted sex, especially when she sees him happy with another woman, another woman marrying him, giving him children, living a happily ever after with him.

Anyway, fantastic job on this fic and i hope you write more.
wheretobe chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
Ouchn!

That hurt. But understandable. I guess I'd have kicked her ass too.