Reviews for JxHQ: Assuage
Chandell Groves chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
I REALLY enjoyed the way you painstakingly described how Harley was in agony. I literally, while reading this, was like "she probably based how Harley is feeling off her own sickness one time" because it was SO detailed.

As for Joker, I really liked how you kept him in character. He was still worried about himself, and didn't want to personally take care of Harls. But he still needed her for his plans...so he made someone else fix her.

Very awesome job.
Purple Ghost Sausage chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
Great story! I love the subtlety, too. Nice job keeping in character.
red champagne chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
aw that's cute. that's the way to do it, just drop her off at the front door.
Ed's Tomato chapter 1 . 2/11/2009
I loved this one, and have had the absolute same desires as far as a fluff piece goes. So hard to have some fluffies while keeping in character, but I think if anyone could do it, you could. Perhaps you have! I'll have to look through the rest of your stories. :-)
Harley-Cat chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
One of my favorites.

Poor Harl, all sick and longing for Mistah J to look after her:(

You kept Joker very well into character. As much as I'd love him to, he'd probably never take the time to nurse Harley. Dropping her of to Arkham was just the easiest way of things getting done.

"I've been very patient and tolerant with you,"

I love that line. He's such a jerk(but an oh-so awesome jerk, hee hee...)

Anyway, I thought that it was great and I'm really glad I read it!

-CAT
Saint Mirror chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
I wonder how I missed this one, it's so good!
Literary Eden chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
Beautiful description. Simply Flawless.

Though it would have been nice to have Joker molded into that sort of nurturing state, I agree with its out of character-ness for him and am content with what has been given. After all, it's still a very sweet ending, in its own twisted, neglectful way.
LadyLuckRogue chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
If you were gonna do a fluff piece where Joker was forced to take care of poor Harley then it'd have to be a situation where they were stuck somewhere, I would think.

somewhere where he couldnt just drop her off at a hospital or whatnot.

It'd be an intersting story though! Mistah J, nurturing? ha!

you need someone to run ideas past just send me a message :D I work in a clinic...i can describe all sorts of crippling illnesses lol
Gladrial10 chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Hey! I finally got to read something new of yours. 'Bout time!

I simply love it. I was worried that this was going to go in one of two extremes: Either things were just going to end up hopeless for our Harls or Joker was going to go all mushy. We can't haz that! Of course you were able to find the middle ground and it works ever so nicely.
IHeartWords chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Ehehe. I love the way the simple act of driving someone and dumping them someplace becomes an act of affection in the Joker's twisted world.
D-chi chapter 1 . 9/1/2008
Cute in it's own weird way!

I like your idea for that fluff piece.
DCoD chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
You damn right he's too busy to nurse her himself! Haha. Awesome though. Love that whole idea that he'd have her taken to Arkham to get medical attention. Sure, he's too busy to do it himself, but it's the thought that counts; he could have just as easily let her wither and die in that bed. Or maybe not.. not the point, the point is he had that one idea that would not only benefit himself, but her while doing so.

Yay! Love it! :D
Hillside Dancing On chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
This girl needs her own genre of angst, simply called "Damn, Poor Harley..." It's heart-wrenching, her desperate desire to be useful to Joker even as she lies so sick and alone, her willingness to die if it can only be by his hand. It's one of those moments when you almost forget what she is, and want nothing more than to gather her up in your arms, but you know that wouldn't help her because you aren't *him*.

I like the ambiguity of what's going through The Joker's mind. It could be that the sight of Harley seemingly a stone's throw away from death (from something completely out of his hands, which I'm sure he'd hate) is pricking at what used to be his heart (again, something he despises.) In which case, it would be perfectly logical to do what he did, even if it's just to have her away. But then again, maybe he only wanted her back up and cleaning his shirts as soon as possible. Or maybe both. Or maybe neither. You just never know with him. Kudos.
Zariva1 chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
She agonised over the banality of it with what consciousness she had, wishing he’d wanted to do it himself.

Oh my, I felt so sorry for Harley when I read that 0_0 I knew of course she wouldn't die in this fic, but in her delirious state, how much must the thought have hurt her that Joker just send his henchmen to kill her instead of doing it himself? Like in Dangerous Games when you wrote that she was afraid he'd kill her while being wrapped up in the fantasy of her being Batgirl. How that hurt her and how she wanted it to be between them... how beautifully, heart-wrenchingly twisted is that?
I-S chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
Aw, I loved this. Harley's so adorably pitiful, and you managed to make it sweet whilst keeping it believeable and in character.