Reviews for Campfire Stories, Season Two
DrawnToTheRhythm chapter 16 . 9/13/2014
"Oh, O'Neill, you need to nip this now, son!" - in my head I hear this line like Jack trying to imitate Hammond. I don't know why I love it but I do! It's kinda funny and squee-worthy at the same time :D
DrawnToTheRhythm chapter 15 . 9/13/2014
"You need goo on your noggin" - lmao! That's going in my 'best line in a fic' bank. Also, now I want to try astronaut ice cream, damn you! ;p
DrawnToTheRhythm chapter 4 . 9/12/2014
Pol, I don't write reviews often but I feel compelled to comment - "The difference you nit, is that I was never attracted to Kawalsky" - *dies*

I love the whole subsequent interaction, him panicking, Sam letting him off the hook... It's so beautifully written and so them I can hear it in my head.

Thank you for sharing these amazing Campfires.

-AmberLM, GW
rsundayr chapter 2 . 6/25/2014
Sharp and beautiful!
SilverAngel99 chapter 22 . 5/6/2014
After devouring both this and the first series you wrote (along with a bottle of wine!), I must say I am a very, very happy puddle of contentment. Your stories are beautifully written, entertaining, breath taking and heart wrenching all together. I can see where you have slotted in your own experiences to help the growth of the characters and you've done it in such a true way that I find myself constantly smiling while reading! I cannot wait to read more!
hifield chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
This was so enjoyable ... had to go watch the episode. Loved it.
Ajani chapter 21 . 12/1/2013
I sit here, reading this story, when I notice my hand pulled a piece of paper out of my pocket... it's a picture of a frog fighting a stork even while he gets eaten with the words "never, ever give up!" on top. Our new homeroom teacher gave it to us, and I think I'm the only one who kept it... not because I like the teacher or anything, but because it showed me she (the teacher) cared about her class. I totally can see why Sam kept hers!
Ajani chapter 12 . 11/9/2013
Dear Pol,
I really love how you wrote a rather shippy Campfire to a not-so-shippy episode. Matter of fact, I loved all of the Campfires, I just don't always know what to say. This time, I felt like I had to say something, especially with your birthfater dying. Then again, I never lost a relative, so I don't know what to say, and I guess you don't want to hear " I'm sorry" from a complete stranger. There's one thing I can say, though: I'm amazed your wrote this chapter anyway. And - for what little it's worth - I really am sorry.
Ajani chapter 6 . 11/5/2013
I know this comes late - a few years late - but I hope your wrist is - was? - okay. As much as I love the Campfires, I really hope you took care of yourself.
HeRonFan chapter 9 . 5/21/2013
I've always loved O'Neill calling Jacob, Dad. It was such an amusing meeting and this little round of teasing from the guys was perfect. I know it's Sam and Jack here, but I would have liked hearing more about Jack meeting Sara's father. What little you gave was sweet, though. Had they been back on Earth, Jack would have had his arm around her at the campfire. Then...they'd be screwed, because that would have crossed the line of fellow officer comforting another. But...would any of us care? Indeed not. Beautiful story.
HeRonFan chapter 6 . 5/20/2013
I think I have to do a re-watch. I'm thinking Entity and not Jolinar...but that aside...this was so full of range. Comedy, anxiety, fear, caring...Going from such an amusing beginning to a sincerely heartfelt ending-this story has it all. And...Teal'c told a joke...undomesticated equines could not drag me away from these stories. Indeed.
HeRonFan chapter 4 . 5/20/2013
Oh, my gosh, I froze at the "You nit!" I LOVED it! Oh crap, crap, crap, crap.
This was so bang on for his personality if he accidentally admitted something like this. Authors often set Daniel up as being a little stupid in order to progress Sam and Jack's connection and ability to work with, and play off each other. Didn't mind in this case though as I literally laughed out loud-after thawing, that is. Anyway, loved how Carter bailed him out of the situation. She's always got his six. Classic.
HeRonFan chapter 2 . 5/16/2013
Seriously one of your more moving pieces. My heart swelled with pride as O'Neill quietly figures out how to be supportive to a female officer after the traumatic experience of Jolinar. A growth moment for him as well. Like it or not, Sam is not one of the guys, and O'Neill would never pass a supportive note with poetry on it to another guy on the team-any team. Despite wanting to be one of the guys, there are times when it just isn't so, and glaringly so. The commanding officer must be flexible and here he is engagingly so. If I wasn't hooked on O'Neill's character before, this story would do it for sure. Beautiful weaving in of Whitman.
Truly like how you've brought forward the previous campfire experiences with the S'mores, and their talk of her fear of going through the gate again. Victory is thine, Sam. Glad she got to share it with Jack. Glad he was openly proud of her too.
HeRonFan chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
I continue to be in awe of your connection to this couple. Dealing with Jolinar's presence, what it did to her relationship with Cassandra, and her own shaken self-confidence. How could anyone who had a snake in their head as Jack would put it, not have fall out?
PatriciaS chapter 15 . 5/11/2013
Nice ... sun definitely got to Sam's thoughts there and love the idea of the ice cream. Thanks for sharing.