Reviews for Gower's Blessing
HogwartsHussy chapter 1 . 5/31/2014
I very much enjoyed your creative and lovely story!
klu chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
Very sweet 'what-could-have-been' story. You did an excellent job of showing how Sam learned something valuable without being 'preachy'.
Thanks!
HBKDEANRKO chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Great read! Enjoyed it. Knew Sam could never be our Sam without our Dean!
impala67 chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Great story. I really do think sam's childhood would have been that miserable without dean, you've done such a great job of showing that. Its so easy for siblings to flipantly wish they were an only child but just as your story shows they wouldnt really mean it and they would underestimate the giant hole that would make in thier life. I really liked wise old Emil, lovely clever orginal character.
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
Such a good story! Loved how Dean had to drag himself back to the Impala, in the bitter cold-poor guy! No food, no money for food or a room... please lemme kick his daddy's ass! Your descriptions are clear, makes it easy to envision the story here.

I loved this: "'Strange isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole doesn't he?'"

*sniffs* How many people would have died were it not for Dean Winchester? I think Sam would have died at a young age without Dean, I really do.

Thank you for writing this story; I've been wanting to read something like this.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
I can't even imagine how Sam's life would be like without his Big Brother Neither Dean's without his little brother's

That was sweet ~

I liked it D

See ya o/

Rosetta
bhoney chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
Aw...this was a GREAT story! Really liked it a lot. I found you because of PlatinumRoseLady's fanfic that had you in it, and this story sounded too good to resist. LOL

LOVED this glimpse of their childhood and how it so clearly depicts the difference between Sam's experience as a kid and Dean's: "He remembered journeys to Bobby’s or Pastor Jim’s with his father passed out in the back of the Impala and a way too young Dean driving them steadily through the night to safety. Of those times Sam remembered not the adrenaline fuelled panic that his brother must have felt, but the adventure that Dean made for him in an illicit night time road trip."

And this was very nicely said: "his heart screamed to have his brother back before it was too late and this soft nightmare became a malignant reality". SO glad that Sam went and found Dean. Also that Emil helped Dean while he was waiting, my heart was just breaking for him, sick and alone and sleeping in his car.

I was so glad Sam got the chance to see what his life would be like without his brother. I really believe that Dean practically raised Sam (wrote a story about that myself!), and I loved this: "It was only with each mounting image that he came to realise that his brother had silently and willingly given up so much to protect, guide and love him as he had grown up." Nice to see Sam recognize Dean's sacrifices.

I have to confess, I haven't seen the whole movie (Wonderful Life), though I've seen little bits and pieces here and there and know what it's about. I don't know if the Bedford Falls thing and Emil Glower are from there, or something else. But I enjoyed this story a lot, just the same. Glad you ended it with the brothers together.
Muffy Morrigan chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
Awesome story! Of course now I feel guilty I haven't finished mine LOL This one had everything that makes the show and those boys the best!

Five fressly waxed, lovingly detailed Impalas with a couple of Winchesters along for the ride
Sushi Chi chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
That was interesting. Not bad at all. Well done.
DreamBrother chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
This was sweet :-) Hurt Dean, along with reminding me that I need to watch "It's A Wonderful Life" once again.

Good job!
gw chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
Good story. I really enjoyed it.