Reviews for CinderWhattheHell a
Princess of Words chapter 1 . 3/12
This is really funny! I giggled all throughout. It's a clever idea, too, to have Hermione tell them the story. Fairy tales are pretty weird when you look at them logically...
Guest chapter 1 . 6/26/2020
ahh this is amazing thank you
Alyce and Indi chapter 1 . 1/10/2020
This is HILARIOUS!
Temple Cloud chapter 1 . 2/15/2019
I think 'fairy' in this context is probably an adjective that just means 'magical', so Cinderella's fairy godmother could have been any species from a human witch to a house-elf. Dead mothers and stepmothers: apart from the fact that storytellers don't like the idea of birth-mothers being abusive, probably poor medical care for everyone, bad nutrition among poor people, and toxic cosmetics (such as white lead) among the rich, meant that there were a lot of early deaths, especially women dying in childbirth. And in real life today, I don't know about abusive stepMOTHERS, but there do seem to be a lot of cases of children being violently or sexually abused by abusive stepFATHERS.

Mutilations - this is in Grimm's version, and in the musical 'Into the Woods' (the first half of which combines numerous fairy-tales including Cinderella, while the second half deals with what happens after Happily Ever After).

Not giving names: in one version of the story, 'Mossycoat', Cinderella is not a nobleman's daughter being mistreated by her abusive family, but a working-class woman starting her first job at the Big House, who is in love with her employers' son and is harshly treated by her fellow servants (something I've sometimes experienced when I was the newest employee somewhere and didn't know all the routines of how the organisation worked). She gets dressed up to court the Young Master when he is at a party at a neighbour's house, but carefully avoids telling him anything about her name and origins except for letting slip that the people she lives with (i.e. her workmates) bash her over the head with the milk-skimmer when they're annoyed.
wall lion chapter 1 . 5/25/2018
this is brilliant
perfect characterisation
Oliver W.K. Twist chapter 1 . 3/26/2018
Good story. Fun fact: due to fur and glass being homophones (sound the same) in French, some people think the originsl meant fur slippers, and the first guy to write it down was taking artistic license.
Kradeiz chapter 1 . 1/26/2016
Not only was this a nice deconstruction and criticism of the original Cinderella, but it was hilarious to boot. I don't know which is funnier: Ron's observing all the plot holes and wtf moments in the story, or Hermione's admission that, yeah, there's a lot that makes little sense or just raises further questions.

All around a very enjoyable read.
Viola Fay chapter 1 . 10/25/2015
The original story of Cinderella is partly gruesome and mostly ridiculous. Considering the many, many rewrites of this classic, I can't say we muggles are blind to all of that, but it is nice to see a Harry Potter wizarding perspective.

Yet this isn't just a story about Cinderella. I'm not even sure it's mostly a story about Cinderella. It's a story about Harry, Ron and Hermione during the search for the horcruxes. Every part of the fairy tale is entwined with their input. You created spot on characterization and witty lines and enough friendship and humor to fight even the horcrux in their midst. This is, like Scheherazade's Arabian Nights, several brilliant stories that could stand alone but are instead woven together into one fantastic tale. I honestly can't say that there is anything I didn't like.

Sooo, as someone who adores Fairy Tales, Harry Potter and Crossovers, all I can say is "Keep up the good work."
Become's one with the story chapter 1 . 10/3/2015
Love the kid of the different of versions of this particular tale. You could have also mentioned the fur slipper or the birds pointing out the bloody feet. Or the Chinese version of the story with the fish that was was so sad though.

Great story going to have fun reading the rest.

Later
Hope
Bananaphobia chapter 1 . 6/21/2015
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! I couldn't stop chuckling.
nahte123456 chapter 1 . 5/28/2015
I like it, Ron's reactions especially, the only question I got I where did you get this version of the story? it seems to be blend of Disney(godmother) and Grimm(foot cutting).
ArumaR chapter 1 . 5/5/2015
This is brilliant! I laughed so hard my husband and dog had to come up and see if I was alright. I certainly see something like this happening in canon. Thanks for the story, I'm gonna go and read the rest of your work.
C chapter 1 . 11/24/2014
LOL THIS IS HILARIOUS!
Monki-Neko chapter 1 . 11/11/2014
you know I think it would actually be a really fun and interesting story and if the students at Hogwarts, especially the pure bloods, were told muggle fairy tales and try to make sense of them and deal with all the cultural and racial and feminist narratives within them in the modern world at the same time.
LunaNotLoony chapter 1 . 8/20/2014