Reviews for As Time Goes By
Runt Thunderbelch chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
I absolutely LOVE the idea of Yvonne being a Nazi spy (albeit, a reluctant one). I hate to say this because your entries are so brief, but the flashback to the recruitment dialogue is unnecessary, and it slows down the story. Suggestion: It might be nice if Yvonne turns out the one to have fingered Ugarte as the killer of the couriers. Maybe that's why she's upset because of Rick standing her up; she'd guessed that Ugarte would try to get the letters of transit to Rick.
rameyerguam chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
Cool take on possibly a complex character. If you notice when Rick is escorting Yvonne outside, some of her dialog was cut from the final soundtrack. I have a copy of the original script around here someplace but as I remember she said something like "You can't do this to me, I've been divorced twice, I've been to America." Actually Yvonne always rung my bell more than Ilsa did. Ilsa was too much the needy female. "Oh Rick, you'll have to do the thinking for both of us-for all of us." Give me Yvonne, or better yet, Slim (see Casablanca-The Sequel just below).