Reviews for Cougars and Other Big Cats
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
very interesting companion piece. i liked it. :)
BundleofContradictions chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
WOW!

A. I liked that better than "Rainbows". From Tsunade's laughter at being called a cougar to her revelation that she had no need for *boys*, only the companionship of men (like Jiraiya ;p), it was *much* less...creepy.

B. How literary! I actually was not aware of that story until I read this one. I love it when I can learn something interesting from my pleasure reading!

C. Did you actually do research on predatory felines in order to make the comparisons to Konoha's shinobi? The match-ups seemed both apt and poetic in a very pure sense...

again, this story reminds us of the responsibilities of soldiers and their commanders. Sending the children of her deceased friends off to deadly missions can never be an easy task. But in this universe, it is such a necessary one.

This was a profound piece! Thank you!
SammyQuill chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Very nicely done, and I love her description of Jiraiya in the end. Oh, I love those two so much. XD
Kariko Emma chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Aw...wow, this is so intricate...The analogies are so right on, and I can picture her thoughts so clearly. Absolutely wonderful companion fic. I love it. )

-Caliko
Coelha-chan chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
I loved the comparison between shinobi and big cats! They're really similar, indeed. Oh and "Men, on the other hand, were an entirely different species." was totally perfect!
greensapphire chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
wow such a good ficcy I liked it alot especially when she compared her shinobi with different types of animals, I liked this alot great job D
KnighteWolfe chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
Lovesrainscent,

It turned out pretty well. I liked it. It complements Rainbows almost perfectly. Whereas Jiraiya ruminated on all of the kunoichi (the important ones at least) of the Village Hidden in the Leaves, Tsunade philosophized on just a few of the male shinobi.

I wonder what cats she would've compared Naruto and Sasuke too. Opposites in theology and philosophy, yet united in their searches for power.

I loved this story. Keep up the great work!

Wolfe
JiraiyasGirl chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
LOVE! I was LMAO when Shizune had to explain that term to her. Thank God my boss had just left for lunch! hahaha. As always this was amazing and I could actually visualize her sitting at the large desk sorting through her menagerie. Have you considered Beta'ing? I would love a fresh eye to look over the last chapter of Fun at the Festival. When I finish it that is...hahaha. Please right more! I love reading your stuff!
Silicate Spider chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
This was a wonderful companion to Rainbows, as far as my opinion is concerned. At first, when I read that Tsunade was called a cougar, the first thought that crossed my mind(believe it or not) was, 'Oh, snap!'. I thought Izu and Ko were dead men.
Vanya Starwind chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
I loved the William Blake quote. That was absolutely marvelous! And I think maybe a third to these would round the flow out well. Keep up the good work!