Reviews for Bay of Fire
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 11/1/2013
Oh whoa. This one has had me on the edge of my seat the entire chapter. And I bet it's only going to get better from here. I really liked the way you explained the set up of where the story began and always had one more thing to throw at the Winchesters. The descriptions of the Mari-Elena and her captain were really great too. :)
Katowisp chapter 3 . 9/28/2013
I don't know how I've ever missed his fic. Great characterization, great whumpage and more importantly, great Sam/Dean brother fic. I miss the good old days!
MMShadow chapter 3 . 8/29/2013
Wow, just, wow. So much hurt!bros, brotherly protecting, worrying, clinging. All the action and suspense had my gut twisting in knots. Loved it! Definitely want to check out more of your fics.
PokeyDotes chapter 3 . 5/22/2013
This is definitely one of my favorite SPN stories I've read. It's rare to come across a story that's not only well-written, but also manages to capture the characters' personalities and offers an interesting plot...you've managed to do all three and then some. I have no doubt that I'll be re-reading this story many times.
Freya922 chapter 3 . 5/1/2013
This was just terrific. The original plot involving the ghost ship was intriguing and a gripping background for the brothers' trials. Sam and Dean were in perfect (and angry) form - a joy to read!
shookenuppepsi chapter 3 . 3/11/2013
This is amazing. Love the detail and the suspense. Love the self-sacrifice and h/c on both sides. Just all around fantastic.
ziggy.uk chapter 3 . 2/25/2013
Interesting that this story was based on a 'true' legend! Awesome final chapter with the tension building as to whether Bobby, Ted and Tommy would get to the boys in time. And loved that you had Tommy's dead crew come to their rescue, telling Tommy where Sam and Dean were located and keeping Sam and Dean from a watery grave until they got there. So in character throughout, both boys concerned for the other and loved the banter at the end.
Definitely a story to favourite :)
ziggy.uk chapter 2 . 2/25/2013
You certainly have us flying by the seat of our pants in your chapters! OMG I was holding my breath as Sam was fighting to get to the surface there and then you had the rope wrapped round him as the stern was being pulled under! Must say I'm loving how you are putting both boys through the wringer here! And just hope that Bobby, Tommy and Ted find the boys soon as they can't hang on for long in the state they are in! But thank goodness the Mari-Elena is now gone forever!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
Wow dramatic first chapter. Loved how we got the present then what happened. Am I right in thinking that Sam jumped into the life raft without his jacket or life jacket on as it didn't seem like he had time to put them on after giving his shirt to Dean before the Mari Elena hit? Off to read the next chapter now and hopefully find out!
Kokoroyume chapter 3 . 11/28/2012
Nice story :)
JazzyIrish chapter 3 . 6/10/2012
Fabulous story - I really like your writing style. There was never a time that I wasn't glued to the screen either fearing for the boys' lives or enjoying their brotherly moments together.

Loved how we went back to the opening paragraphs and found out how the boys got in that situation. Their love/concern for each other is what makes this story (and the series, for that matter) so special. Each would die for the other; each would do anything to save the other. I really liked the spirits of the lost boat watching over others in peril to prevent their loss as well. It's nice to see spirits that care about others, not just want to kill them.

OK, have to admit, I was so engrossed in the scene with Dean desperately holding onto Sam, until Dean saw the light from the rescue boat and said "It's a boat, Sammy". Sorry, I cracked up because all I could think of is "It's a boat, Jack" from "Titanic". I know, it makes me a terrible person. ;)

Loved the brotherly moments in the hospital, especially Sam's happiness at seeing a real smile from Dean. Yeah, it was a really tough year for those guys; but not as bad as it was going to be. :(

Amazing story; amazing writing. Thanks so much for sharing this story with us. I'll be checking out more of your work. Until next time...

Irish
JazzyIrish chapter 2 . 6/9/2012
Another fabulous chapter! High drama on the high seas. ;) Again, love the visuals. That fog enveloping everything, even distorting sound was creepy. I was holding my breath with Sam's climb to the surface and later, when that rope wrapped around his arm was pulling him down. Practically needed resuscitation myself. ;)

Dean is in really bad shape and I liked how Sam focused on helping him and refusing to give into negative thoughts about their situation. Typical Dean is willing to sacrifice himself so that Sam can survive, but Sam isn't hearing any of that. It reminded me of Sam's "Watch me" response to Dean in "Faith" when Dean said that he was going to die, and that Sam couldn't stop it.

Great suspense when Bobby and the guys were waiting for the charges to blow up the wreck of the Mari-Elena. You painted quite the chase of the ghost ship on fire. Well done.

Now I agree with Bobby, let's go find those boys and get them the help they need. ;) Really enjoying this story. Until next time...
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
Wow, this was one helluva opening chapter. I really like it when the story opens in the thick of things with the guys in dire peril, and then brings us back to where it all went wrong. Great job!

I have to tell you how impressed I am with your extraordinary descriptions. Every detail of their surroundings made it feel like I was there with them on the doomed Stella Maris. *Glad I wasn't!* Loved your detailed image of the ghost ship and her captain as well. Great action in this story, and it has certainly kept me glued to the screen.

The opening paragraphs showing us how Dean's waning strength and determination to hold on to Sam in spite of it were gripping. All the forces of nature couldn't get him to give up!

Looking forward to seeing how the brothers are going to survive this one, because you truly have put them in harm's way. ;) Until next time...
Avalonemyst chapter 3 . 5/25/2012
acturate and spooky moved along quite nicely
Allegra chapter 3 . 5/20/2012
I remember reading this story a long while ago but, in my rekindled SN mood, I am so glad to have rediscovered it. You wrote the boys perfectly & I liked Bobby's rescue. It was an inspired legend to base the fic on & I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. So, in case I naughtily did not review it the first time round, thank you for a great read!
230 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »