Reviews for Bay of Fire
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
Wow dramatic first chapter. Loved how we got the present then what happened. Am I right in thinking that Sam jumped into the life raft without his jacket or life jacket on as it didn't seem like he had time to put them on after giving his shirt to Dean before the Mari Elena hit? Off to read the next chapter now and hopefully find out!
Kokoroyume chapter 3 . 11/28/2012
Nice story :)
JazzyIrish chapter 3 . 6/10/2012
Fabulous story - I really like your writing style. There was never a time that I wasn't glued to the screen either fearing for the boys' lives or enjoying their brotherly moments together.

Loved how we went back to the opening paragraphs and found out how the boys got in that situation. Their love/concern for each other is what makes this story (and the series, for that matter) so special. Each would die for the other; each would do anything to save the other. I really liked the spirits of the lost boat watching over others in peril to prevent their loss as well. It's nice to see spirits that care about others, not just want to kill them.

OK, have to admit, I was so engrossed in the scene with Dean desperately holding onto Sam, until Dean saw the light from the rescue boat and said "It's a boat, Sammy". Sorry, I cracked up because all I could think of is "It's a boat, Jack" from "Titanic". I know, it makes me a terrible person. ;)

Loved the brotherly moments in the hospital, especially Sam's happiness at seeing a real smile from Dean. Yeah, it was a really tough year for those guys; but not as bad as it was going to be. :(

Amazing story; amazing writing. Thanks so much for sharing this story with us. I'll be checking out more of your work. Until next time...

Irish
JazzyIrish chapter 2 . 6/9/2012
Another fabulous chapter! High drama on the high seas. ;) Again, love the visuals. That fog enveloping everything, even distorting sound was creepy. I was holding my breath with Sam's climb to the surface and later, when that rope wrapped around his arm was pulling him down. Practically needed resuscitation myself. ;)

Dean is in really bad shape and I liked how Sam focused on helping him and refusing to give into negative thoughts about their situation. Typical Dean is willing to sacrifice himself so that Sam can survive, but Sam isn't hearing any of that. It reminded me of Sam's "Watch me" response to Dean in "Faith" when Dean said that he was going to die, and that Sam couldn't stop it.

Great suspense when Bobby and the guys were waiting for the charges to blow up the wreck of the Mari-Elena. You painted quite the chase of the ghost ship on fire. Well done.

Now I agree with Bobby, let's go find those boys and get them the help they need. ;) Really enjoying this story. Until next time...
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
Wow, this was one helluva opening chapter. I really like it when the story opens in the thick of things with the guys in dire peril, and then brings us back to where it all went wrong. Great job!

I have to tell you how impressed I am with your extraordinary descriptions. Every detail of their surroundings made it feel like I was there with them on the doomed Stella Maris. *Glad I wasn't!* Loved your detailed image of the ghost ship and her captain as well. Great action in this story, and it has certainly kept me glued to the screen.

The opening paragraphs showing us how Dean's waning strength and determination to hold on to Sam in spite of it were gripping. All the forces of nature couldn't get him to give up!

Looking forward to seeing how the brothers are going to survive this one, because you truly have put them in harm's way. ;) Until next time...
Avalonemyst chapter 3 . 5/25/2012
acturate and spooky moved along quite nicely
Allegra chapter 3 . 5/20/2012
I remember reading this story a long while ago but, in my rekindled SN mood, I am so glad to have rediscovered it. You wrote the boys perfectly & I liked Bobby's rescue. It was an inspired legend to base the fic on & I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. So, in case I naughtily did not review it the first time round, thank you for a great read!
Bloodmoon-Shinigami chapter 3 . 5/3/2012
I loved this. Really felt the brotherly love here! My favorite little detail had to be when Sam noticed the Dean-hand-shaped bruise on his arm. Wonderful!
T.L. Arens chapter 3 . 4/8/2012
WHAT A GREAT STORY! It really kept my attention and the fact that you used a real legend just made it all the more awesome! Bobby in a wet suit? Yeah, that cracks me up. The idea that the boys were aided by ghosts was a really nice touch.

I felt sympathetic for Dean with his back. I've not had severe back pain but I just cringed over his. Sam was a wonderfully strong character in this story and I really liked that.

The other thing I liked was how Bobby felt so badly that he dragged the boys into a hunt when he used to preach to John about doing the same thing. But in Bobby's defense, Bobby didn't drag Dean and Sam around as children and endanger their lives.

Thank you so, so much for such a good tale! :D
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Whoa! Great opening chapter! And I'm pleased that you took time to really write this out rather than spinning out a few sentences and called it a chapter. This was nice and long. Your descriptions are really picturesque and clear. This is unlike any other fanfic I've read. I mean, the brothers dealing with a ghost ship... and this reads as though you know your way around boats. that's really refreshing-kudos on that!

The idea of a bazooka is just priceless! I can envision Dean just excited to use that thing! LOL!

JaniceC678 chapter 3 . 4/7/2012
OMG...I've loved all of your stuff I've read so far, but this was freakin' awesome! LOVED everything about it, but especially, of course, the bros taking turns saving each other and and not letting go. Just wonderful.

(Of course, the fact that I just HAPPENED to read it today is SO ironic because the whole Dean-on-the-raft-and-Sam-in-the- water is just SO Titanic and last night I just watched "My Heart Will Go On" with some friends who are watching for the first time, AND tonight I'm going to see Titanic in 3-D with another friend, all of which is just made even MORE ironic by the fact that this week is the anniversary of that particular tragedy. Weird. (Okay, the timing of the MOVIE being out isn't ironic since that's WHY it's out, but you get the idea, LOL! It's my Titanic/Supernatural weekend)
Paleonut chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Excellent story! Great pacing and handling of the flashbacks & multiple locations. Bobby and the boys are well written & in character. I loved the detail and continuity with the T-shirt! This story could easily take place in any season, congratulations! This consistency of character is one of my favorite things about Supernatural. I have gladly recommended it to my friends!
From lj chapter 3 . 10/24/2011
Great pace, plot, and characterization. I really enjoyed this story and actually think it would have made a pretty awesome Storm of the Century with Ghosts episode.
deanssammy chapter 3 . 9/11/2011
mmmmmmmh love 't say anymore.
Anise Nadiah chapter 3 . 6/16/2011
I always love the brotherly bond in your story. You manage to spin a titanic like story into supernatural and still maintain the awesomeness and cool that is the element in supernatural. I like the part that sam get dean the t-shirt at the last part. so sweet... Keep up the good works and most of all Thanks ;)
222 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »