Reviews for Good Little Boys
Mendai Decovrii chapter 1 . 11/8/2014
You did a great job with this one. The concept is so tough, at least for me, because getting the voice of a 4 year old working through grief - especially a four year old as weird as Dean Winchester (and I say weird in the lovingest of ways, being a Dean Girl and all) - is a difficult thing. But you did a great job with it. And you never really broke character in the voice either. Awesome.

I also appreciated your grasp of the Dean-Daddy relationship. It's an aspect of their relationship I feel is overlooked or discounted or just ignored in most John meta/fics, but Dean and Daddy have a special relationship because of the fire. Dad was Dean's rock in those early months when a CHILD was trying understand death. Understanding that aspect honestly explains things so much better than the "John was an abusive parent and Dean was too stupid to see it" camp. And I appreciated reading a story that dealt with it fairly. So again, awesome story. I really enjoyed it.
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
WOW. This made me cry. I generally get feels from well-written stories, but making me cry is quite the feat-so congrats! This was really brilliant and sad and...yeah. Awesome job.
HeartsDragon chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
Poor little Dean... TTTT

This is a really good story
Kat chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
nice job getting inside Dean's head. So sad, but well written. And baby Sammy; so adorable.
SimplyOut chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
One of the most heart breaking weechester stories I've ever read! Nice job! :D
TheKritty chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
OMG. I think this story actually broke my heart. Seriously. I felt so sorry for Dean when he was becoming the Dean we all know when he was four/five years old! *shock*... I nearly had to cry a several times :( Loved your writing style.

Despite all the angst and seriousness, there was also some cute humor, mostly because of wee!sammy...oh my gosh...so cute... 'wuzza'-babbling baby Sammy...*sighs*.

The last few phrases...that the fire burning this woman is good and that 'she' is not coming back...'She' could stand for this Dead Thing or for Mommy - great idea...*sighs*

So damn sad!

Greetings from Germany

Kritty
mattersoftheheart chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
aw! so sad, im close to tears right now!

Silent Dean just gets to me and i'm not really sure why!

It had a very childlike feel to it and I think you did an excelent job of getting the characters just right!

Well done!
Laura of Maychoria chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
What a sad, lovely story. The style felt very child-like, a little disconnected, much like Dean is throughout the fic. Very raw and emotional.
AbbCDeeFgggH chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
Aw, lovely, and so sad. You did an amazing job of getting inside wee!Dean's head and showing us what he was thinking.

I especially liked:

"Dean used to care about heroes, but now all he cares about is his family."

I don't think that I explicitly got that until I was a teenager. :) Poor Dean had to grow up so fast. :(
Zerestor chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
That made me cry!

Well written. Heartbreaking though...!

zx
moohi chapter 1 . 11/1/2008
I just wanted to tell you that this is one of the best stories i've ever read .. and i'm not talking about just fanfiction. I actually cried three times!

keep up the good work
Xeniya chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
I don't cry over stories usually , but this one's made me - that part when John says to Dean that Mary'd want him to be happy...

It's a мун good story you've written - it's realistic and sad and the characters of it really act like the characters of the show could act.

Great job!
inzane73 chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
Heartwrenching story. Dean's childlike-POV makes it doubly so. I think the part that got to me the most was when Dean finally spoke and asked John if Mommy would come back.
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
You simply broke my heart. Hearing a four/five year old's words about how he has to be a "good boy" to take care of his Daddy, his brother, and maybe - if he's good enough - his Mommy will come back to him. . .

You really have captured the words and logic of a young child in this wonderfully tragic piece. You brought me to tears and you made me laugh. What more could one ask for from any writer? Brava!

Thanks for sharing this with us. It is precious beyond words. Until next time...
Lilly B chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
great story about silent!dean and what he might have been thinking as a little boy. i enjoyed reading it!