Reviews for A Different Beginning
xvector chapter 27 . 1/18
I like where this is going! Totally worth continuing!
xvector chapter 23 . 1/18
Disappointed in this story so far. The changes in Harry's life have had virtually no impact on the events of the story. 1/4th of the way in and by the end of the Goblet of Fire nothing significant, plot wise, has changed at all. Can't even call it a romance or suspense or adventure yet.

So far this story is just an extremely redundant re-telling of canon, with very few extremely minor changes. Harry's entire upbringing has changed, but his magical ability is the same, the way he reacts to plot changes are the same, and the story is becoming rather boring now. When the author isn't summarizing events from the book, characters are acting out-of-canon.

So far, this story can only be summed up with one word:

Disappointing.

I hope that changes soon.
TheGoldenTrioFan chapter 87 . 12/2/2013
i loved your story. The only issue i had was you saying 'da' instead of 'dad'. da has the meanings of : from; yes;
Department of Agriculture; Dictionary of Americanisms; a male hairstyle originating from the abbreviation duck' ass; daughter; day; delayed action; direct action;District Attorney; documents against acceptance;documents for acceptance. nowhere in there does it define 'da' as dad. my apologies for rambling- it was merely something that bothered me.
TheGoldenTrioFan chapter 34 . 12/1/2013
McGonagall saying Umbitch- PRICELESS!
wolfje29 chapter 87 . 11/7/2013
wonderfull story! I really like it!
nayin17 chapter 11 . 9/22/2013
hate cho
Guest chapter 74 . 9/15/2013
Okay, what's with all the Aye's all the sudden?
Star chapter 69 . 9/14/2013
For some reason this line:
"Mr. Potter, is it true that your girlfriend went off to New York and had an affair with a musician?"

Appeared to be the most random and funny question to me xD
Noble Korhedron chapter 85 . 9/14/2013
W.T.F?! They thought it was H-O-T?! Guess wizards/witches have a bit of a skewed sense of right and wrong...?
Noble Korhedron chapter 73 . 9/13/2013
ULP! Let's hope he's not as stupid this time 'round and avoids the ring's curse...
Noble Korhedron chapter 67 . 9/13/2013
Hmmm, a different side of Malfoy... What a pity JKR didn't take canon Draco down this kind of road... :-(
Noble Korhedron chapter 65 . 9/13/2013
Frankly, I side with Harry more than Ginny here. Even if he couldn't bring himself to take Harry to see her in St. Mungo's, he should at least have told him the truth. Big 'F' for that one Prongs, 'F' for 'FUBAR'! :-
Noble Korhedron chapter 64 . 9/13/2013
UGH! Padfoot is SUCH. AN. IDIOT! :-P
Noble Korhedron chapter 50 . 9/12/2013
Aw - too cute! I loved the cracks about using him for a quaffle! ;-P
Noble Korhedron chapter 34 . 9/10/2013
"Umbitch"! *cracks up laughing* Poor Minerva - she's even picking it up now! *ROFL*