Reviews for The Star Of Vega
Guest chapter 1 . 4/3/2016
Euphorix in the movies
Euphorix is a Matriachal Babylonian Left-Brain Based Society and the 23rd star of the Vega System.
The people are experts in architecture, maths, arts, and inventing, they are a creative race and DO NOT think of anything in the old times. Which is why, if they ever came to earth, they would DEFINITELY fail in history class.
They are extremely creative and great intellectuals, and are known to be expert mathematicians .However, they are also at the whim of their emotions
Their outfits are inspired from Persian, Arabic, Turkish, Hindu and Hebrew sci fi and fantasy hybrid.
They love ANYHTING aesthically pretty, which is why there are jewellery in every single outfit
Euphorix is a sandy golden planet with frequent sandstorms and heat waves, but never anything TOO hazardous. Plus it NEVER snows on Euphorix.
The Euphorians are known to outwit ANYONE in the Vega system. When Ryand'r once challenged Yndamaati Dulak in a Maths-off, she completed the DIFFCULT question in a matter of 30 seconds(AND REALLY!)
They are an important ally to the Tamaraneans , and the marriage of Ryand'r and Ynda solidified it.
They are born builders and believed that their world is creativity wonderland for them. Everyday, new ideas flourished among the bazaars of Euphorix and Architects and creators are always looking for new ideas.
In fact, if you call them to have a model building off with an Earthling (ie a titan) they can outbuild a model skyscraper WITHIN 40 seconds AND without the instructions on the paper!
They are born with the power of telepathy and telekinesis, and also the ability to FLY.
Euphorians are generally smarter than an average Earthling.
They are one of the most fashionable aliens in the Vega star System, apart from Tamaran itself.
Nami Takata chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
This story was beautiful! :D
AdrenalineRush chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
Starfire isn't your best character to write, but I thought it was sweet the way you portrayed her. It was slightly awkward though the way you jumped into all the talking about Tamaran. You might want to add a little more cuts in the middle of it, otherwise it sounds too long.

Raven was a little off but she is very hard to do. Raven isn't the type of person to really talk that much and then smile. I can see that Raven is the only one that Star could really talk to though, b/c obviously no Terra (unless you did this one shot between Titan Rising and Betrayal, which would be good, but you wouldn’t have Betrothed to help you) and unless you change the setting; not the boys either. (I suppose she could talk to Cyborg about it though, have some kind of T-Car thing going on and then dive into it. He seems like the guys to maybe help her with it, maybe, MAYBE Robin if you do some fancy footwork)

Rena, there is one mistake you always make in every single story you write; the word dying. You always spell it as "dieing" Remember, it's "dying"

I’m sorry for all the nit-picks; please don’t take them the wrong way. It was a nice storyline but just a little awkward at some parts. But as I’ve already said, the girls aren’t one of your strongest points (Slade & Robin are) This just wasn’t one of your best and that’s ok.

Hope to see more from you,

AdrenalineRush
Cylor chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
Very interesting and well written! I really like the way you've meshed the animated and print versions of Starfire's background, here, and it's also kind of rare to see something written from her perspective this way. I'm trying to combine some elements of the TV series and the comics in my own current efforts, so it's cool to find someone else taking a similar approach. You've also clearly put quite a bit of thought into this, with all the little details to flesh things out. Very well done!
HiKari Mokuba's Guardian chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
It was cute! But a little bit long for me. I was happy when you brought in Robin though. I accidently saw a word or two ahead of time and saw the word 'kiss' so I got all excited... but then I realized she was just remembering it but not actually going to do it . Darn. You'll never have them kiss, now will you? Anyhow, cute story, gotta love that Starefire. She's so sweet! Anyhow, one more story to review and then you ain't got nothing on me! Hahaha(not that it's some kind of competition or race of any kind... I swear!)

Lol, once again, it was awesome! You're a great writer!

-Kari
lupine-eyes chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
I love this story, one shot though it may be. You incorperated the comic book mythos nigh seemlessly into the cartoon, and told an excallent tale while doing so, and you kept the characters in almost perfect context. I would love to see more of your work.
KaliAnn chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
I loved this! The mix of teen titans, comic lines, and actual fact! It seems that so much has happened to Starfire yet she finds the strength to go on. I'm glad she has such good friends.