Reviews for Misery Loves Company
ChekhovTheTroper chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
I remember saying that fluffy fanfics about Stephen King stories is offputting...but I will be honest this is the funniest S.K. fanfic I've read!

"FANFICTION IS FOR DIRTY BIRDIES!" That will be the universal logo for . XD
Verisimilitude1218 chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Awesome
Kizmuth chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Brilliant.
AnonymousLily chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Wow- I'm really impressed by this- it has a lot to say about any sort of writing and yet you've done a wonderful job of staying within the characters to say it! Bravo!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
I love the references thrown in there about the site! It was a fun story to read; well-written, and I think you nailed the characters perfectly. Good job!
one.long.melody chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
If I could use just one word to describe this story, then 'FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC' would be it.

("FANFICTION IS FOR DIRTY BIRDIES!")

OMG. How much money would you shell out to hear Kathy Bates say that? LOL!

I've always wondered why Annie didn't just write her own 'Misery' fanfiction - a topic briefly discussed by my friend and myself just last night.

Your depictions of Paul and Annie are spot-on! I liked the nods toward Steve's other works, which I expect would all exist as fiction in his other universes.

I feel a little bit embarrassed, since I haven't read 'Misery' yet. I've just seen the movie a half dozen times or so. But it's still one of my favorite Stephen King flicks.

It was worrying that Paul came down with a bad case of writer's block. Is it safe to assume that this problem was the reason for Annie's dissatisfaction toward the first draft of 'Misery's Return'?

Very nice to know that Paul is the type of author who appreciates fanfiction. (Who would've guessed he was the genius behind the term 'fan-fiction'?) :) Every time I hear about an author who feels the opposite, I tend to become very upset and annoyed. XD I mean, just KNOWING there are people out there who love your characters enough to dedicate their time and imagination to creating new stories for them is the highest form of flattery there is, you know?
ChocolateChipCookie26 chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Loved it. :) "Fanfiction is for cockadoodies" LOL. I could picture her saying that.
mauratalityrate chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
I'm halfway through reading Misery, and this is EXACTLY how Stephen would have written it. You're an extremely talented author.
sun-summoner chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
I finished reading Misery only about a week ago, and only a few minutes ago it occured to me there might be fanfics about it, and how awesome it could be to read one.

Your fanfic definitely didn't prove me wrong(:

I like your writing, I really, really do. Now I'm jealous, haha. Anyways; it seems you really do understand the characters, so they are all very IC, which is great. So yeah. I'd love to read some other stuff you wrote. (:
Ko'Tonii-Chan chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
I liked it :)

Paul Sheldon discovers fanfiction. Who wouldn't like it?

The way you wrote reminded me a little bit of the book, how it always sounded like the book was talking to you, not just a bunch of words on paper (or this case, my computer screen)

Very well done!

Keep writing,

Courtney x :)
Hel-Lokisdotter chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
Bloody hell. That's awesome.
Completely Bunned chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
I love Annie...and Paul ! But the Annie from the book seems so much more evil than the Annie in the movie XD I'M SO GLAD I FOUND MISERY FANFICTION I AM SUCH A HOPELESS FANGIRL ! WOOT ! lol I liked your ending about fanfiction ! XD
LadyEliseB chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
This is interesting, and well written. I like what it has to say about being a writer, and the wry look at writing fanfiction.

It's a very satisfying glimpse at an unseen scene from Misery.
Casper2591 chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
That was an awesome story, I loved it!
MrBillyD chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
Thank you for this very fine story. I didn't see the movie, but I think that everyone who reads this, will have no trouble identifying with your protagonist; though hopefully not with his situation. You have described all of us who write fan fiction, and original fiction too. He is all of us.