Reviews for Gone
usagi-strike chapter 1 . 7/6
Gaaaahahaaaaaaah! Can totally see this, so hooray for Valon!
reikotsu chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
My god, is there anything you write for this pairing that isn't perfect? I love everything about this but my favorite part would be how she greets him when he wakes up, lol. Classic Mai.
silverfire113 chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
:) I love your writing, it's amazing. I wish I had left a review earlier but for some reason I didn't...though you definitely deserve multiple ones.

This story is really great! I can't concentrate when listening to music lol how do you do it?

Once again, love your writing, thanks for doing it!
PharaonicWolf chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
Very nice - great analysis of Valon. I was hoping for a bigger revelation at the end - like for him to come to some kind of understanding, what she means to him or something.
SamCyberCat chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
I'll have to admit that I've not read a Varon/Mai story prior to this one. Mostly because I was never quite sure what opinion to take on it and I wasn't sure what fanfiction would make of it either. But I trusted you enough to try this one and of course I was not disappointed. This one took hold of me because it was centred so much around Varon - for the first time someone tried to show me about his thoughts and feelings, making him easier to relate to and opening him up more. The thoughts on his home and riding truly made the story for me, and I was glad to see that the nuns who raised him got a reference in there. And the last line is something I could clearly picture Varon saying to the point that I can almost hear it.
expletive deleted chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
I have the biggest imaginable soft spot for this pairing and I can't even say anything but: This is exactly what I want for them and I am so glad to have read it.
DragonDancer5150 chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
Perfect . . . I think you've really nailed him with this, poor guy. I /do/ like Valon so much!
Nayuki-Bunny chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
lovely work, very sweet.

I don't like this couple one bit because I feel that Valon didn't realize that Mai was genuinely not interested (sure she cared, but not in a loving way). however, this is really good because, just like so many of your other fics, you can see this fitting in the storyline. wonderful job once again!
MyAibou chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
LOL on the disclaimer poem. Very creative!

The vignette itself... I'm not a big V/M fan, what with being something of a polarshipper and all, but I really like this sort of pining for what he lost kind of thing. And the cyclical-ness of it is really interesting. I thought it would be about him moving on and getting over her, yet at the end, after first thinking maybe he wasn't waiting for her aftr all, he's back to realizing he was. It was quite unexpected and makes for a very interesting little introspection.

You really are amazing at having a sort of distant narrator, who doesn't even tell us the names of the characters involved (but we know anyway), and yet, I feel as if I'm completely immersed in the emotion. What a gift you have for words.
darkrunner chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
Only you can make me like Conquestshipping, Scribbler-san. (Though I do prefer "It Only Hurts When I Breathe") Another amazing fic. It's so boring writing reviews for you because everything's always good. Was his house really in Japan, though, because when Mai leaves the sun sets in the west... I think... oh, but then I guess that'd just be the west coast of Japan instead of the East. (which is where Domino must be, since in the Death Duel, Malik said "Pacific Ocean", which then makes sense for Varon to take a while to get to Domino)

Also, a disclaimer POEM! Ha! That was brilliant! What will you think of next, Scribbler-san?
Lunnaei chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
First...I really like that Disclaimer Poem. XD That made my day.

Second. You have once again written a beautiful piece. I can feel his...edginess...his "need to move" and the...feeling that he's...lost. Yes, that's it, he's lost. Doesn't really know what he's doing, is he waiting, is he searching, he doesn't know, does he care? And come the end he finally figures it out...those last two words almost seem like a sigh of relief for him. As always...keep up the great work!
story reader chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
I loved the disclaimer poem. Never seen that before, and got a grin out of it. That said, you wrote a pretty nice little story here.