Reviews for To the Gentleman in the Back
AnonymousAvenger chapter 1 . 2/6
NO WAYYY! You're the Marissa Meyer who wrote the Lunar Chronicles? That is so awesome!
Guest chapter 14 . 10/8/2016
I love these shorts about Amy and Scott!
But I would love some about Serena and Darien...
Astral Dragon Spirit chapter 14 . 9/8/2016
Such a good story! I'm usually not a fan of original characters in fanfiction, but yours were so good that I couldn't help but like them. I really enjoyed reading this story and the shorts at the end. Amy and Scott are the cutest. Although that last proposal story did make me want to read proposal stories for Raye/Daniel, Serena/Darien, and Lita/Ken. Although I feel like all the shorts were written before the story was revised since Ken/his relationship with Lita is never mentioned in any of them. Did Lita not have a love interest the first time around? Or end up with Andrew?
Fan Goddess chapter 3 . 8/23/2016
Marisa Meyer, you are my hero. Your books have changed my life, and I love you so much. You are such a fantastic writer.
I write fan fiction for your books. You have inspired me, because I have had a dream since I was a little girl to write books.
I am a fangirl, like you once were. A fangirl with a dream of writing.
Wow, I just realized I probably sound like a stalker. But then again, you were a fangirl too, so you probably understand.
Oh, and I should probably mention that I LOVE your fan fiction.
Sailor Moon is so awesome!
midnightsnapdragon chapter 11 . 4/10/2016
Ah, young love! So beautiful! So sweet! I loved the way Serena and Darien came to terms and reconciled, and especially how Lita didn't beat around the bush. That's our girl.
Anyway, I adore the way you've written this spectacular piece of fanfiction, juggling a) keeping everyone in character, b) building up a climax and c) varying love interests. It's downright amazing.
midnightsnapdragon chapter 9 . 4/10/2016
This ... is so ... gooood! I love Mina's and Serena's teamwork, and especially their improvised alliance with Daniel to get Raye out of the gallery. I can't wait to see how that goes down. But Amy, oh Amy, how awkward she is! I would be too, though. And I'm really excited to see Lita interact with the journalist again. (He sent a fruit basket. With a card. WHOOOOO)
This is very good work. Amazing. Novel-level, maybe! So realistic that it might actually happen with these characters in these situations! I love it!
midnightsnapdragon chapter 8 . 4/10/2016
EVERYTHING I LOVED:
1. Mina thinking of the earrings glittering happily at her, like 'gemstone babies'
2. The tickle/'not scrawny' fight
Their first kiss was a loooong time coming, but aaaaah it was great when it finally happened. I'm frustrated, though, at Mina's walking in and his untimely departure. *sigh* *raises hands to the sky* Noooooo!
midnightsnapdragon chapter 7 . 4/9/2016
*sputters incoherently*
AGHHH THIS IS SO GOOD! AIIEEEEEE!
"She hit. She kicked. She let the anger fly." Yesss!
THE WHOLE SCENE WITH DARIEN. YEEEEES.
And... "don't be an idiot" x2. WHOOOOOOOO!

Ugh, this is so adorable and fun and amazing. I love it.
midnightsnapdragon chapter 6 . 4/9/2016
I am very indignant on Amy's behalf. What a jerk. But Serena/Darien - ahhhh, she *has* to accept his offer. It was really fun to read those scenes and all the tension! *stares dreamily out the window* I like the way you're weaving all the story elements together - Amy's date goes wrong, and there's Scott, the TRUE love interest, and she's escorted home by Mina's cop crush. Whoo!
midnightsnapdragon chapter 5 . 4/9/2016
Well, well, well ... this ought to be verrry interesting! Tension all around! I do wish, though, that Serena won't try to woo him for money.
Really, really good job, as always! You should be hired to write official Sailor Moon novels or something along those lines.
Also, I love the bit about British mafia selling dangerous stuff like tea and crumpets. Mmm. ;)
midnightsnapdragon chapter 4 . 4/7/2016
Oh, Rei! A fear of manipulation is the root of it, it must be. A very deep-seated one. Oh - it must be because of her father! You mentioned something about him having a reputation and a high position or something.

And LITA. Ahhh, that scene was cute - her steaming and in a rage, him just cheerfully holding her down until she calms down. I also appreciate the thing about journalistic integrity - Lita should have known he couldn't change his opinion publicly. And I loved the bit about a rematch, and him meeting her anger with a calm 'drop by anytime'.

And ... Serena. Thankfully Darien/Mamoru has toned down on the 'Meatball Head' stuff, and their interaction went back to the teasing/annoyed dynamic. I loved everything. Everything.
midnightsnapdragon chapter 3 . 4/7/2016
I really liked the bit about Rei in the art gallery. The whole thing with Serena and Darien/Mamuro - ... whoa. I sympathize with them both. Serena's right to be mad about being teased, though. All that stuff about never amounting to anything. :(
midnightsnapdragon chapter 2 . 4/7/2016
Oh, the friendships! The adorable friendships! I loved the way Reye and Serena sent off Lita, like wistful parents (and the shovel talk. Yesss.), and just the way they all live together in chaotic harmony. Lovely!
Also: Serena in customer service! The way she calmed that boy over the phone was verrry neat.
Once again: very nicely written! I like your writing style. (No surprise, of course, I've read TLC and loved it, but even in fanfiction you excel and make me want to read on!)
midnightsnapdragon chapter 1 . 4/7/2016
Wow! I'm not a big Sailor Moon fan, but I find myself compelled to read on. The story flows very well, and I absolutely love the friendships shown here (and we'll probably see more of the five later - yay!). Also, I absolutely love the little Usagi/Mamoru that we got to see, the intense dislike on her side and the disbelief/hesitation on his - yet he bid on her. O.O
I'm looking forward to reading more!
ncisduckie chapter 3 . 11/1/2015
I have so many feelings about this , honestly. Maybe I myself have just become an emotional mess since the last time I read this, like 4 years ago, I wasn't blubbering! Ahhh!