Reviews for A SECONDARY STAIN
Kadigan chapter 16 . 11/29/2008
ha HA. Smarter than they give him credit for, indeed! I do hope you'll be going into more detail on a) how they manage to get this by Holmes, and b) what exactly he and Watson are doing. Can't wait.
KCS chapter 16 . 11/29/2008
Well, the woodpile one would be NORW, of course, and that button and no remains business always bugged me too.

The other (stabs in the dark)...6NAP? I mean it really was no great feat for Holmes to track the link between the busts - any policeman could and surely would have done the same. And why the heck would Lestrade have paid a "social call" to Baker Street COINCIDENTALLY when that business started?

Or is it NOBL...because I rather think Lestrade wasn't stupid enough to not see the receipt on the other side of the note he brought to Holmes. I mean, come on - he was a policeman and not a stupid one; surely he would have known it was a clue. Maybe he just didn't want to bother tracking it down if Holmes was willing to beat his brains out over it?

Though now that you've got my devious little mind thinking, I always thought EMPT was a bit fishy too - I mean Lestrade just pops into Camden House like "Oh, hallo. Glad to see you aren't dead, Holmes. Who's this Moran blighter?"

-Of course, you're addressing that in Sword, aren't you? :)

Sorry, this has been a longer review than I leave usually for story material. But how many times can I reiterate synonyms for perfection?
rabidsamfan chapter 16 . 11/29/2008
Yay! Two new chapters! And Lestrade being sneaky too. A nickel says Holmes catches the trick, (and we know he'll go along with it anyway.) And I can't help but wonder if Lestrade will remember to have his own tobacco ashes cleaned out of that room...

*grin*
pebbles66 chapter 15 . 11/29/2008
This was a GREAT chapter! From the description of the catching of the giant eel, to Macpherson's admission of his mistake and the aftermath, to Lestrade's discovery of the moved rug - it was great!

I love the part about "Mr. High and Allmighty Holmes"! I can really imagine Lestrade thinking and saying those exact words!

Excellent chapter!
pebbles66 chapter 14 . 11/28/2008
I love this little glimpse of Holmes and Watson together, and Holmes' thoughts on Watson. You don't do it often, but I love it when you write these two together.

I'm always excited for your updates!
Westron Wynde chapter 14 . 11/28/2008
It's always a joy to see this story updated, even more so when you permit us to dip into Holmes's head.

"Watson was more than a static lover of history; he was its gourmand." Bravo! Loved that line :) The sort of observation I could imagine Holmes making.

Reading this chapter made me realise what a rare talent you have for being able to capture the male voice. The dialogue is what I would expect of two men of long acquaintance - a little barbed in places, but affectionate without lapsing into sentiment. Kudos to you.
Fizzing Wizard chapter 14 . 11/28/2008
I feel like I've mentioned this before, but I adore the way you portray Holmes and Watson, both as individuals and as a pair. I think your depiction of them is, for me, the most in-character and engaging I've found on this site. And I'm particularly impressed with your portrayal of Holmes - he's so difficult to nail, but you do it expertly.

I know you're primarily a Lestrade-writer (and your Lestrade is golden too!), but every time your throw in some Holmes and/or Watson, it's like the sun comes out from behind the clouds. Big kudos to you.
rabidsamfan chapter 14 . 11/27/2008
I do love it when you dip into Holmes' head and have him observe Watson...
KCS chapter 14 . 11/27/2008
Sensory overload with all those wonderful details. Holmes really can be OCD if he wants, can't he? And down to the little details like Watson noting the page number rather than carelessly folding the corner down - perfection itself.
Westron Wynde chapter 13 . 11/18/2008
Nice reasoning about the rug!

It's those eels again. I'll pass on those, but a cuppa sounds lovely :)
Westron Wynde chapter 12 . 11/18/2008
Well, RL has finally let me off the leash, so it's catch up time. Hurrah! Two chapters of my favourite story. A rare treat indeed :)

You capture Holmes beautifully. This in particular - "Lestrade thought to himself that if a weapon could be an expression, Holmes would need never carry a gun" - oh, yes, that's him to a tee.

And Lestrade's feelings towards Holmes are very insightful too - he would get up anyone's nose in the end, but Lestrade is wise enough to know the price he pays. Hmm, I think it's all down to Watson's care too.

Magnifico :)
KaizokuShojo chapter 13 . 11/11/2008
This is very interesting, and I can hardly wait for more. :)
KaizokuShojo chapter 12 . 11/11/2008
You're a master of writing, as always. xD

Super-excellent chapter. Your description of Holmes as he thought was perfect.
pebbles66 chapter 13 . 11/10/2008
Hmm, looks like something important has occurred to Lestrade...

Looking forward to more!
KaizokuShojo chapter 11 . 11/9/2008
Nice, I especially like some of the descriptions used for Holmes, such as the "too-clever child" one. :)
77 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »