rabidsamfan chapter 13 . 11/8/2008
Woohoo! Two chapters in one night! (But where is Watson? And why on earth did Lucas have drugget in the living room and not up where the servants were living?)

This is fascinating.
KCS chapter 12 . 11/8/2008
ERGH, I hate this new review button - added this story to faves instead of reviewing. Not that it doesn't deserve to belong there, but it's a bit disconcerting. ;)

Anyhow. Poor Lestrade, I love him more every bit you write about him. And you've nailed Holmes perfectly as you grow weary of hearing the word /perfection/ connected with your stories?

Itsy spelling typo in the second to last paragraph - "No." he said *shorty*. -

(LOLsnerk) I have to say my first thought was that Holmes was making a rather nasty pun about Lestrade's height, but on a second reading I'm thinking it was just a missprint. :D
Westron Wynde chapter 11 . 9/26/2008
I've got a wonderful mental image of Holmes striding along amidst all that swirling soot and steam. Ah, yes, he would stand out in any crowd! ;)

Haven't been to Jersey for many a long year. It's a lovely place though... and I don't think I've ever seen anyone give so good an account of the place EVER in a story before. Excellent work!
Pompey chapter 11 . 9/24/2008
(grin) Trust Holmes to pick out another Breton among French!

Political intrigue aside, those three make for a fun team.

One question: shouldn't it have been "Madame Lestrade" instead of "Mademoiselle"?
Westron Wynde chapter 10 . 9/10/2008
Secret ingredient... I hope it wasn't the black flecks that came flying off the dog's coat lol! Still, given the choice between the beans and the eels...

"Things aren't supposed to happen on Godolphin Street." I love your ironic humour - really IC for Lestrade :)
Westron Wynde chapter 9 . 9/10/2008
I loved Watson's description of the PM: "Like an under-nourished hawk." Wow. That was really quite menancing. Sent a shiver down my spine!

Watson's thoughts on the class differences were interesting. And revealing. In light of what his old teacher said, I can understand his lack of envy.
pebbles66 chapter 10 . 9/8/2008
Enter Lady Hilda, I presume?

"Things aren't supposed to happen on Godolphin Street." I hadn't thought about her going out at night by herself. I guess that really wasn't done then. And she's "too high above us to really know better." Interesting thought, that.
pebbles66 chapter 9 . 9/8/2008
I like that Watson can see that Trelawney Hope, a man with "such wealth and prestige" really is not someone to envy, and has pressures and problems of his own. Hope may be an important, wealthy person, but I much prefer our down-to-earth Dr. Watson.
FoggyKnight chapter 10 . 9/8/2008
Thank you for adding Lestrade's commentary at the second half. My eyes glazed over at the legalese type writing at the top, and refused to cooperate afterwards.
Pompey chapter 10 . 9/8/2008
No offense to the bean-seller but I would taste his wares with a bit of trepidation.

(Love the deposition bit at the beginning.)
KaizokuShojo chapter 10 . 9/7/2008
Even a chapter with a report is an enjoyable read...xD
KaizokuShojo chapter 9 . 9/7/2008
A very nice sort of introspective chapter~ :)
KCS chapter 9 . 9/7/2008
That last have but to command the English language and it does your bidding. Wonderful.
Westron Wynde chapter 8 . 9/1/2008
This line is just perfect - "just as it was his little brother’s business to know things, it was Mycroft’s business to know everything" - sums up his attitude superbly (and it's likely true too) :)

Loved it! And looking forward to more :)
Westron Wynde chapter 7 . 9/1/2008
Dawn's light, twittering sparrows and waking babies - more effective than an alarm clock any day.

I'm loving the different perspectives in each chapter - how the case is viewed through different eyes and seeing their different reactions makes for a much more interesting case than a sole viewpoint. Dr Watson, you may be out of a job! :)
77 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »