Reviews for A SECONDARY STAIN
KaizokuShojo chapter 8 . 8/30/2008
Nice. :D

I especially like this line:

"Mycroft doubted even Sherlock knew about that, but just as it was his little brother’s business to know things, it was Mycroft’s business to know everything."
Pompey chapter 8 . 8/30/2008
ooh, I love your Mycroft as much as your Lestrade!

and it sounds like there was so much more going on behind the scenes of SECOND than Watson let on . . . or perhaps even knew.
KaizokuShojo chapter 7 . 8/29/2008
Sick children are no laughing matter. And neither are walking babies. XD (My own dad has found a grey hair on my own head since my nephew started to walk and explore endlessly...XDD)

Your chapters are so nicely done...they have a perfect feel. :D
KaizokuShojo chapter 6 . 8/28/2008
Excellently written chapter~~ :D
pebbles66 chapter 6 . 8/27/2008
Yuck, eels sounds disgusting, with sour milk and butter?

I like Mr. Barrett, SR's description of Lestrade. Another great chapter!
pebbles66 chapter 5 . 8/27/2008
Looks like Lestrade must have learned something from all the examinations of dead bodies he watched Holmes make.

Dr. Roanoke is interesting, too. Sort of like an older Watson, with his appreciation of how death is tied to life.
pebbles66 chapter 3 . 8/27/2008
"Chinchilla the Hun"! And my kids think our cat is fat!

Poor Lestrade. I can totally sympathize with the agony of a colicky baby. He might want to re-think the idea of shaving with a straight-razor for today...
pebbles66 chapter 2 . 8/27/2008
PC Treasure! What a name - and an apple-thief in his youth!

Oh, I like Mrs. Collins, too! Scrappy and cantankerous, but with a heart of gold, I'm sure!
pebbles66 chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
Great chapter! I really like Barrett, thinking about his dad, looking forward to a hot meal at the end of his shift, and enjoying listening to Lucas' occasional singing. Sounds like the kind of PC I'd like to be patrolling my neighborhood!

Ooh, shiny dead eyes; don't blame him for not feeling well...
smallrose chapter 6 . 8/26/2008
What a nice father-son talk. Just how old is Lestrade supposed to be here? It seems I always thought of him as being younger than you have him here.
smallrose chapter 5 . 8/26/2008
I like Roanoke (even though he makes me think of the island of lost people). Is he one of yours? He seems like an older Watson without the militariness.
Westron Wynde chapter 6 . 8/25/2008
Eels - yuck! I know some people who love them, especially in jelly, but just the sight of them makes me feel queasy. What with the sour milk and butter, I'm seriously going green reading this chapter :)

Which is a sign of how much I'm enjoying it, because I'm savouring every word (although not the sour milk. Or the eels. And I can smell the vinegar. But you get my meaning).

Excellent :)
smallrose chapter 4 . 8/24/2008
Ha ha, I love the last line. You give us Scotland Yard's perspective of Lestrade so well for someone who says she hates him. :D
smallrose chapter 3 . 8/24/2008
Thanks for that background on Mrs. Collins in the last chapter, by the way. I don't think Lestrade should be using that shaver in the state he's in - exhaustion could equal more nicks thank he's ever given himself. ;)
smallrose chapter 2 . 8/24/2008
Poor Treasure (and what a name, too!)
77 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »