Reviews for Caveat
newgal chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
Aw!
twintrekkers chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
Excellent! I liked it very much.

You wrote this little piece of romance the way I would like it to be developed in the show. I loved the interaction between Don and Robin, so real, so sweet.

Thanks for a beautiful story.
Lisa Paris chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
'Like a slushie in the sun . . .'

That just about sums up how I'm feeling right now after reading this - all sort of gooey and melting.

I love the spark between these two and you write it just perfectly. A nice little touch of h/c and a doped up Don are almost irresistible. I really hope you treat us some more.
simanis chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
This is nice. Enjoyed the pairing of course. I like how you wrote that Robin was so affected by Don's slight 'nick'. I do wish she'll stay this time.(in the show)

Very good, go ahead and write more.

thanks!
Shrimp chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
The "sweetie"s hit me - I always love how they gave Don that 'quirk' (like the watch-looking and gum-chewing and buddy-saying) in the show, the protective 'sweetie'-saying. And how you put it in just felt so correct, you know?

Agh, I can't get over how well you write Robin. It makes the reader feel like they know her. You maker her a character one has to like, not just "Don's girlfriend". You give her the toughness and the sarcasm, but the 'weakness' and the worry, too. You get her and Don's interaction SO well. You can totally see them as being perfect for each other. I almost wish you could be the official Robin-writer-for-er on the actual tv show. You give her such depth that feels true both to the bits of Robin the show has portrayed, and to Don. How you portray Don with her, and how they interact together - the intelligence and toughness and wit and hidden-gentleness of both of them . . . it's just awesome.

Anyway, to sum up - fantastic characterisation.
20 | « Prev Page 1 2